4468906009_6073e9ff0b.jpg

4468908929_f8e9d948b2.jpg

4469687708_417f295b8f.jpg

4468909145_507af8db96.jpg

4469689554_e0f606740c.jpg

4469684510_0fe9a2b71b.jpg

4468905303_32bf5a05fa.jpg

4469687906_e4a488a0a7.jpg

i really wish palin was removed from this movement. there are a lot of good ideas behind the tea party people, unfortunately palin makes the whole thing too partisan

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

i really wish palin was removed from this movement. there are a lot of good ideas behind the tea party people, unfortunately palin makes the whole thing too partisan

A LOT????

Come on man

Sarah Palin as much as I hate her is the vehicle that creates the partisanship these idiot drive it off a cliff.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Ending the war, legalizing gay marriage and decriminalizing victimless crimes=Good ideas.
 Those are good ideas..

*Scratches head*

That is a majority or even significant percentage of teabaggers... Nope

Maybe the 3rd one but if we are talking about marijuana their ideology or the people they put in charge of representing them never want to even take steps to decriminalize it.

I thought, the idea of this thread was to laugh at the misspelling in some of the signs *kanye shrug*

They're so unorganized, I'd be lying if I could give a 100% correct answer, but with less government control, I'd assume the ideas I mentioned would be included.
There are two types of tea-partiers: Republicans and Libertarians
I know Libertarians hate the war:
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Step 2. End Prohibition[/h3]
Drug prohibition does more to make Americans unsafe than any otherfactor. Just as alcohol prohibition gave us Al Capone and the mafia,drug prohibition has given us the Crips, the Bloods and drive-byshootings. Consider the historical evidence: America's murder rate rosenearly 70% during alcohol prohibition, but returned to its previouslevels after prohibition ended. Now, since the War on Drugs began,America's murder rates have doubled. The cause/effect relationship isclear. Prohibition is putting innocent lives at risk.

What's more, drug prohibition also inflates the cost of drugs,leading users to steal to support their high priced habits. It isestimated that drug addicts commit 25% of all auto thefts, 40% ofrobberies and assaults, and 50% of burglaries and larcenies.Prohibition puts your property at risk. Finally, nearly one half of allpolice resources are devoted to stopping drug trafficking, instead ofpreventing violent crime. The bottom line? By ending drug prohibitionLibertarians would double the resources available for crime prevention,and significantly reduce the number of violent criminals at work inyour neighborhood.

http://www.lp.org/issues/crime-and-violence

War
"President Obama just called the Afghanistan War 'absolutelyessential.' Nothing could be further from the truth. The U.S. armedforces are being used for nation-building. The president, ascommander-in-chief, has the power to end this war, and he should begindoing so immediately.

Being a "libertarian" in the tea party is a joke..And the Republican/Libertarian sector of the tea party is almost the same thing..the "Small Government" Folks (Teabaggers) seem to be the ones who normally are preaching on how to live your life. Yes In a sane and rational world they would follow their ideology, but they have a keen hypocrisy about it.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I thought, the idea of this thread was to laugh at the misspelling in some of the signs *kanye shrug*
Nope. Argue time.

Happy Easter everybody.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Being a "libertarian" in the tea party is a joke..And the Republican/Libertarian sector of the tea party is almost the same thing..the "Small Government" Folks (Teabaggers) seem to be the ones who normally are preaching on how to live your life. Yes In a sane and rational world they would follow their ideology, but they have a keen hypocrisy about it.

The tea party is preaching that everyone live their own life the way the see fit without the government intervention. In no way are they trying to tell people how they should live their lives. I'm guessing that by Republican you mean Neoconservative and if that's true then no, Libertarian and Republicans are not even close to the same thing.

What exactly is their hypocrisy and what do you mean by "in a sane and rational world they would follow their ideology,.."? I'm sorry but you sound like your talking out of your *!@.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

The tea party is preaching that everyone live their own life the way the see fit without the government intervention. In no way are they trying to tell people how they should live their lives. I'm guessing that by Republican you mean Neoconservative and if that's true then no, Libertarian and Republicans are not even close to the same thing.

What exactly is their hypocrisy and what do you mean by "in a sane and rational world they would follow their ideology,.."? I'm sorry but you sound like your talking out of your *!@.
We're discussing social policies. Denying people marriage licenses as well  as the freedom to use drugs is  asking for government intervention  (hypocrisy). I think he feels tea party members are socially conservatives.

I just find the consistency in this Tea Party where the good of the individual always trumps that of the greater majority shameful.  Their doesn't seem to be a coherent philosophy behind their stances, and they always claim the moral high ground on issues when it's much more complicated than simply deciding for or against.

Is government intervention okay in terms of setting social value issues like gay marriage and abortion, but hey, try to regulate the private industry where they aren't running roughshod over people or consider raising taxes to actually pay for the services that many of them enjoy, nope, can't swallow it.

I mean, I read one of these mother f ers, and mind you he's been unemployed for 2 years, complaining about government overregulation and the negative effects of unfettered free trade at the same time as the reason his job went overseas (parts manufacturer).  On top of that, he thinks unemploymen benefits should be abolished because it disincentivizes the individual from looking for a job.  But in the worst recession in a decade, that's the only thing that's kept a roof over his head.  How can he justify the stances?  

So they can have their debates all they want, but at least come from a point where a rational argument exists, and in effect your not railing against the social protections you yourself are depending on.  The hypocrisy and ignorance (in the literal sense) is ridiculous with these people.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

We're discussing social policies. Denying people marriage licenses as well  as the freedom to use drugs is  asking for government intervention  (hypocrisy). I think he feels tea party members are socially conservatives.
I find that funny because hardcore Libertarians and Tea Party members want the government to have no part at all when it comes to marriage licenses and want to abolish victimless crimes such as drug use.

Its just that the Tea Party you see on MSM is more fringe neo-conservative then it is actual Libertarian/Tea Party. They pick and choose a few idiots and fringe beliefs and portray them as the Tea Party so that people wont even want to actually have a dialog about the issues.

I just find the consistency in this Tea Party where the good ofthe individual always trumps that of the greater majority shameful. Their doesn't seem to be a coherent philosophy behind their stances,and they always claim the moral high ground on issues when it's muchmore complicated than simply deciding for or against.

Isgovernment intervention okay in terms of setting social value issueslike gay marriage and abortion, but hey, try to regulate the privateindustry where they aren't running roughshod over people or considerraising taxes to actually pay for the services that many of them enjoy,nope, can't swallow it.

I mean, I read one ofthese mother f ers, and mind you he's been unemployed for 2 years,complaining about government overregulation and the negative effects ofunfettered free trade at the same time as the reason his job wentoverseas (parts manufacturer).  On top of that, he thinks unemploymenbenefits should be abolished because it disincentivizes the individualfrom looking for a job.  But in the worst recession in a decade, that'sthe only thing that's kept a roof over his head.  How can he justifythe stances?  
So they can have their debatesall they want, but at least come from a point where a rational argumentexists, and in effect your not railing against the social protectionsyou yourself are depending on.  The hypocrisy and ignorance (in theliteral sense) is ridiculous with these people.
You're never going to find that consistency if the only information you know about the Tea Party movement comes from FOX or MSNBC. If you really want to know the underlying philosophy of tea party beliefs you'll have to read information about them online.

Personally, I'm pro gay marriage and pro abortion and I believe that many Libertarians hold the same views that I do. However I couldn't tell you what most in the Tea Party would think about those issues because just like most political issues, people are on both sides of the issue. I think most religious Tea Party'ers would of approve of intervention in that area, but I couldn't tell you whether they make up the majority or minority of those in the Tea Party because I have no numbers to back that up. 

I think that the issue that most Tea Party'ers have with government regulation is that the government hasn't really been regulating properly. Instead of watching for illegal activities and ensuring competivness in the markets, our government has been influenced by corporations who have lobbied to put in place regulations that stifle competition in certain markets and create virtual monopolies in certain industries. Not all regulation is bad, but when regulation is created to ensure corporate profits rather then to protect the public good something has to be changed.

This fictional faction creating/partitioning you're trying to attempt is funny because you're right. The one thing all the members of the Tea Party have in common is opposition to this president. I mean you said it yourself, their are neo conservatives, libertians, and a bunch of hooligans just fired up and ready to go, down for whatever, that's what it consists of right?

The truth is the is no consistent theme amongst these people, that's why you don't see Ron Paul or any prominent Republicans publically embracing these folks. Because he sees its a political exploitative movement that has sheer power through numbers, but no legitimate agenda. And taking claim of it can blow up in your face at any moment.

Of course there are all types of Republicans Libertarians Conservatives NeoConservatives in the tea party movement..

But you are de-legitimizing a great percentage of your base saying they are not in the same boat..

I have spent enough time looking at the Tea Party and while they want the government to stay out of marriage they DON'T want gays to marry and will use the government to help them do that... Hence having the government intrude into everyone's life (hypocrisy)

What prominent tea bagger has even fought for allowing the use of illegal drugs...Not even just one how about a dozen.

When it comes to abortion. The ability to have one is a freedom to live your life the way you see fit. What do they want? The government to overturn it and make it illegal.. (Hypocrisy)

This is all I have to say.. The people you are saying are not a big part of the tea party movement are...And don't even say well this is republicans not tea baggers because you can see the signs all day, even on Fox News.
obama-antichrist-poll-100325-02.jpg

I think that survey about Obama should have gone out with the Census. I'd like a better gauge for how dumb some Americans are than 2,000 people.

Of course there are all types of Republicans Libertarians Conservatives NeoConservatives in the tea party movement..

But you are de-legitimizing a great percentage of your base saying they are not in the same boat..

I have spent enough time looking at the Tea Party and while they want the government to stay out of marriage they DON'T want gays to marry and will use the government to help them do that... Hence having the government intrude into everyone's life (hypocrisy)

What prominent tea bagger has even fought for allowing the use of illegal drugs...Not even just one how about a dozen.

When it comes to abortion. The ability to have one is a freedom to live your life the way you see fit. What do they want? The government to overturn it and make it illegal.. (Hypocrisy)

This is all I have to say.. The people you are saying are not a big part of the tea party movement are...And don't even say well this is republicans not tea baggers because you can see the signs all day, even on Fox News.
How am de-legitimizing a percentage of "my" base? Of all the types of conservatives there are many stark differences. Those who oppose gay marriage and drug legalization tend to be more religious. You're not making sense. If the federal government has no say when it comes to marriage then any one could get married with out the federal governments approval. The federal government can't tell people to do something that they have no control over.

And most Tea Party'rs aren't anarchist. They don't believe that all government is bad. They want to limit the scope and presence of the Federal government.

Wow
laugh.gif
for all that you know about the Tea Party you aren't showing much. There are no "prominent" leaders of the tea party because it is a decentralized movement. Just because you see Sarah Palin at a Tea Party rally on MSNBC does not make her the De-Facto leader. If anything the so called father of the Tea Party movement Ron Paul is strongly against drug criminalization and is against the federal government defining marriage.

You, I , or anybody else has no idea of exactly what amount of people with the Tea Party's believe in. You are just quick to judgment because of what you see on TV. Just because you see it on the news doesn't mean that it's true.

How am de-legitimizing a percentage of "my" base? Of all the types of conservatives there are many stark differences. Those who oppose gay marriage and drug legalization tend to be more religious. You're not making sense. If the federal government has no say when it comes to marriage then any one could get married with out the federal governments approval. The federal government can't tell people to do something that they have no control over.

And most Tea Party'rs aren't anarchist. They don't believe that all government is bad. They want to limit the scope and presence of the Federal government.

Wow
laugh.gif
for all that you know about the Tea Party you aren't showing much. There are no "prominent" leaders of the tea party because it is a decentralized movement. Just because you see Sarah Palin at a Tea Party rally on MSNBC does not make her the De-Facto leader. If anything the so called father of the Tea Party movement Ron Paul is strongly against drug criminalization and is against the federal government defining marriage.

You, I , or anybody else has no idea of exactly what amount of people with the Tea Party's believe in. You are just quick to judgment because of what you see on TV. Just because you see it on the news doesn't mean that it's true.
I think the proper d word he meant was discard or disregard, because you're trying to act like these characters aren't in fact a part of the movement when they're the most vocal ones.  
Honestly, I don't see what separates the Tea Party from the Republican party.  It only came into it's own once they realized Obama was going to win and began running the country.  These people weren't forming these rallies to voice their discontent with the government until their party lost control of it, so it's inception seems more convenient than an actual concerted effort to correct the wrongs done by a currupt government.

I mean, tell me what separates this group from the Republican party at large?  Since we all obviously know so little about the Tea party, please explain it to me.

Back
Top Bottom