TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

nice 2001 canvas BIP, and hong kongs are deff in my top 25, i forget who said it first but i think orange laces would be fire in them

those jewels are dope nikeking, thats a ill little store you found, i like how your looking to help the team
94 canyons for a beautiful day in NYC, couldnt keep my eyes off them 
pimp.gif

nice 2001 canvas BIP, and hong kongs are deff in my top 25, i forget who said it first but i think orange laces would be fire in them

those jewels are dope nikeking, thats a ill little store you found, i like how your looking to help the team
94 canyons for a beautiful day in NYC, couldnt keep my eyes off them 
pimp.gif

agree with g to tha t on that one. it's funny when shoes have appeal that is completely invisible when the shoe is worn. i suppose that's the attention to detail that drives most of us in this thread!

agree with g to tha t on that one. it's funny when shoes have appeal that is completely invisible when the shoe is worn. i suppose that's the attention to detail that drives most of us in this thread!

The uniqueness of the HK is definitely a big driver of its popularity and its appeal. And, that's totally fine.

The way I see the HK though is it's a great shoe that is actually a little less great in whole than in the sum of its parts.

I love the colors - both the green and the burgundy, and I love them as a combo.

I love the all white sole

I love the idea of the hollow swoosh - at least in principle.

So, individually it has the makings of an amazing sneaker, but as a total package, it just rises to Hall of Very Good, to borrow a sports phrase I absolutely detest.

I always wondered what it would have looked like with the green base, burgundy liner, but use a double swoosh. White, accented in that same burgundy. All white sole... or may burgundy trim for the stripe and "Air"

The uniqueness of the HK is definitely a big driver of its popularity and its appeal. And, that's totally fine.

The way I see the HK though is it's a great shoe that is actually a little less great in whole than in the sum of its parts.

I love the colors - both the green and the burgundy, and I love them as a combo.

I love the all white sole

I love the idea of the hollow swoosh - at least in principle.

So, individually it has the makings of an amazing sneaker, but as a total package, it just rises to Hall of Very Good, to borrow a sports phrase I absolutely detest.

I always wondered what it would have looked like with the green base, burgundy liner, but use a double swoosh. White, accented in that same burgundy. All white sole... or may burgundy trim for the stripe and "Air"

Jae - Great pair, man! I'm jealous. I want to find a pair for myself now!!

Here's a pair that I really like that you don't see around all too often

Jae - Great pair, man! I'm jealous. I want to find a pair for myself now!!

Here's a pair that I really like that you don't see around all too often

really nice, derek - although that box looks like it went through that machine that clark griswold's car was put into at the beginning of national lampoon's vacation, before he realized that the dealership messed up and ordered him the family truckster instead of the blue sports wagon. rusty says something about it looking like a pancake, but i can't remember the exact quote. anyway, i digress, and the shoes are all that matter, and they look awesome.

really nice, derek - although that box looks like it went through that machine that clark griswold's car was put into at the beginning of national lampoon's vacation, before he realized that the dealership messed up and ordered him the family truckster instead of the blue sports wagon. rusty says something about it looking like a pancake, but i can't remember the exact quote. anyway, i digress, and the shoes are all that matter, and they look awesome.

Ha! Yeah, that it one of the most beat up, yet still in tact, boxes I've ever come across. The shoes though, I plan to wear them to Wally World.

Ha! Yeah, that it one of the most beat up, yet still in tact, boxes I've ever come across. The shoes though, I plan to wear them to Wally World.

they are nice but

air forces are pretty uncomfortable even with a nice liner.  Those must be a disaster

they are nice but

air forces are pretty uncomfortable even with a nice liner.  Those must be a disaster

^^^
You're 100% on the money regarding these being uncomfortable. Don't they have people weartest the crap they put out?

However not all AF1s are uncomfortable. It might be sacrilege to say this, but some of the leather insole joints from '06+ are super comfy as are the AF1s with nylon tongues. The only ones that are slightly uncomfortable to wear are the pleather/'rat-leather' joints with similar pleather on the tongues. 

^^^
You're 100% on the money regarding these being uncomfortable. Don't they have people weartest the crap they put out?

However not all AF1s are uncomfortable. It might be sacrilege to say this, but some of the leather insole joints from '06+ are super comfy as are the AF1s with nylon tongues. The only ones that are slightly uncomfortable to wear are the pleather/'rat-leather' joints with similar pleather on the tongues. 

Back
Top Bottom