Team Marvel/Comic Book Fans Chime In Please

Never been a fan of comic books, but I just got into it. What comics do you guys recommend? DC or Marvel favs?  I already have ultimate: spiderman, x-men, avengers and Marvel Zombies.
Also is there an encyclopedia of sorts for the DC/Marvel Universe? (Not wiki unless it's just as good) I'd like to learn about the characters of DC/Marvel but I don't have the cash to shell out on comics.

Much appreciated my NT brethren.

Never been a fan of comic books, but I just got into it. What comics do you guys recommend? DC or Marvel favs?  I already have ultimate: spiderman, x-men, avengers and Marvel Zombies.
Also is there an encyclopedia of sorts for the DC/Marvel Universe? (Not wiki unless it's just as good) I'd like to learn about the characters of DC/Marvel but I don't have the cash to shell out on comics.

Much appreciated my NT brethren.

Go back and Read Grant Morrison's whole run in Batman.... Its mostly collected in trades, u can get all the way caught up really fast..

Batman and Son
The Black Glove
Batman RIP
Final Crisis
Batman & Robin (Ongoing series, now its up to issue 13)
Return of Bruce Wayne(Issue 4 just came out last week)
All of that will give you an idea of where batman and has been.. Be warned though, Grant's stuff is complex, in order to fully appreciate and understand things you will need some supplementary sources but there are plenty of blogs that cover his work pretty well.

If you want to go further back and pick up some batman history I would go pick up
Batman: Year One
The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
The Killing Joke

Go back and Read Grant Morrison's whole run in Batman.... Its mostly collected in trades, u can get all the way caught up really fast..

Batman and Son
The Black Glove
Batman RIP
Final Crisis
Batman & Robin (Ongoing series, now its up to issue 13)
Return of Bruce Wayne(Issue 4 just came out last week)
All of that will give you an idea of where batman and has been.. Be warned though, Grant's stuff is complex, in order to fully appreciate and understand things you will need some supplementary sources but there are plenty of blogs that cover his work pretty well.

If you want to go further back and pick up some batman history I would go pick up
Batman: Year One
The Long Halloween
Dark Victory
The Killing Joke

Wiki and the Marvel Website are the best to encyclopedia of the marvel universe. There are books but they are dated and cost a bit

Wiki and the Marvel Website are the best to encyclopedia of the marvel universe. There are books but they are dated and cost a bit

marvel civil war
planet hulk + world war hulk
the outsiders vol 1 and some of 2
x-force vol 3
cable & deadpool

marvel civil war
planet hulk + world war hulk
the outsiders vol 1 and some of 2
x-force vol 3
cable & deadpool

Thanks for the suggestions NT especially 360's suggestions because Batman is my fav. since he's a superhero with no powers.
pimp.gif

Thanks for the suggestions NT especially 360's suggestions because Batman is my fav. since he's a superhero with no powers.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Also is there an encyclopedia of sorts for the DC/Marvel Universe? (Not wiki unless it's just as good) I'd like to learn about the characters of DC/Marvel
This should help you catch up a bit.

I've been reading comics since like 1992 and even this helped me catch up on older stuff I really wasn't familiar with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_of_the_Marvel_Universe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_of_the_DC_Universe

I don't have the cash to shell out on comics.
You don't need to buy comics if you don't have the extra money.

Go to your local library and whatever they don't have in the graphic novels section, you can request in the computer database and they'll email or call you when they get it in for you. All for free.

I've read about 100 or so graphic novels thanks to the library that no way I would've been able to afford, even with the cheap eBay prices.

They have DVD's of just about every single animated and live action movie as well. Those History Channel & Travel Channel documentaries on history of Marvel and DC comics too. I just rented this about 2 weeks ago.

149402x.jpg

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Also is there an encyclopedia of sorts for the DC/Marvel Universe? (Not wiki unless it's just as good) I'd like to learn about the characters of DC/Marvel
This should help you catch up a bit.

I've been reading comics since like 1992 and even this helped me catch up on older stuff I really wasn't familiar with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_of_the_Marvel_Universe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_of_the_DC_Universe

I don't have the cash to shell out on comics.
You don't need to buy comics if you don't have the extra money.

Go to your local library and whatever they don't have in the graphic novels section, you can request in the computer database and they'll email or call you when they get it in for you. All for free.

I've read about 100 or so graphic novels thanks to the library that no way I would've been able to afford, even with the cheap eBay prices.

They have DVD's of just about every single animated and live action movie as well. Those History Channel & Travel Channel documentaries on history of Marvel and DC comics too. I just rented this about 2 weeks ago.

149402x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom