Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This place is dead!
frown.gif

Why is this thread so dead and why am I the only one updating!? 
ohwell.gif

On a side note, Machine Head is coming in February, but they're touring with Suicide Silence 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Rammstein tix for the San Antonio date are already hitting $200 
ohwell.gif
i bought my floor tickets the day of the show for 30 bucks on stubhub
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Rammstein tix for the San Antonio date are already hitting $200 
ohwell.gif
i bought my floor tickets the day of the show for 30 bucks on stubhub
laugh.gif
I just checked Ticketmaster and it says pre-sales haven't even started until December 1

^ Diamond Plate, new school thrash. Saw them live with Warbringer, landmine marathon, and Lazarus AD. Met the lead singer/bassist and must say he's a really chill dude, the whole band is 19 years old, except the drummer who's 20. Insane, complex riffs, worldly aware lyrics, true thrash guitar solos, and (if you turn the bass up, sadly it's mixed low) really complex basslines too. Combined with the pained, shrieked vocals create a music experience that expresses the world we see in our generation. Probably one of my favorite new thrash bands out right now.

Obscura was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I shook Steffens hand when he was walking off stage.

But it was a REALLY small crowd, I mean less than 30, but they still put on an amazing show 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Reallythough

You prefer small shows or stadium shows more?

I've only been to 2 stadium shows, and to be completely honest I prefer smaller venues.
The 2 stadium shows were Megadeth shows and it was REALLY hard where I could find a spot to see the band perfectly.

Obscura was literally the smallest show  I've ever seen/been too, the BTBAM was pretty small but filled up when Animals as Leaders came on.

But all in all 

Small venues>

Big update: last one was in early October haha, Physicx you went to the Judas Priest concert right? I did too around a few days before Halloween. Skipped a test in Humanities to get to view the gods, easy class though no trip.
Spoiler [+]
(crowd sings whole thing Rob doesn't say anything) played all the classics though, would have been complete if leather rebel was played

my brother saw the suicide silence with machine head, Megadeth, Testament tour when it came to the Bay here. Since my little(17) bro's bandmates's parents are high ranking Hells Angels members, he's been going to almost every big event with free VIP passes, and living it up all the meanwhile I had school on those days
mad.gif
laugh.gif
, anyway if I went I had to pay for my tickets which is a no-no.

my brother is learning Mea Culpa by the way Erick, frustrating him to no ends, the main solo is done but not as crisp yet, still on the intro

another thing: I watch/play/enjoy professional Starcraft 2, and during breaks in between matches in the Korean tournaments they usually play some bland generic nu metal but up until recently they've been playing Public Enemy No.1, Megadeth
pimp.gif

How's the album Erick?? which one you may ask? here's a clue... I AM THE TABLE,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I can say Megadeth won this round, and even Lou Reed is in talks of doing a part 2
indifferent.gif

album of the year nominations anyone? so far my ballot is for the new Black Dahila Murder- Ritual can't put it down
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

saw these guys last weekend (can't seem to be able to post more than 2 videos)

Originally Posted by M4rioL

my brother is learning Mea Culpa by the way Erick, frustrating him to no ends, the main solo is done but not as crisp yet, still on the intro

How's the album Erick?? which one you may ask? here's a clue... I AM THE TABLE,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I can say Megadeth won this round, and even Lou Reed is in talks of doing a part 2
indifferent.gif

album of the year nominations anyone? so far my ballot is for the new Black Dahila Murder- Ritual can't put it down
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I just gave up on guitar, and I'm gonna take up bass, I tried and tried so hard to learn how to play better, but I never got passed 5 string sweeps.
Also, Lulu?

I heard the stream before it dropped.

The thing....YES, THING.

It's not even an album,  Megadeth won, and even got a grammy nomination 
pimp.gif

Album of the year for me, Obscura-Omnivium, amazing album 
pimp.gif

^I was mad disappointed at the Gigantour lineup. Ive seen Megadeth and Motorhead enough to where I wouldn't want to pay those high prices. Lacuna Coil not my cup of tea, and I swear i've never heard of Volbeat lol. Sounds like a russian basement DJ.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

^I was mad disappointed at the Gigantour lineup. Ive seen Megadeth and Motorhead enough to where I wouldn't want to pay those high prices. Lacuna Coil not my cup of tea, and I swear i've never heard of Volbeat lol. Sounds like a russian basement DJ.
I could see Megadeth 100 times personally, haven't had the honor of seeing Motorhead yet, and quite frankly I enjoy Lacuna Coil (plus that means Megadeth's A Tout Le Monde w/ Cristina Scabbia 
eek.gif
). But Volbeat...I gave them an honest try, I listened to over a dozen of their songs and didn't feel a thing except for a riff here and there, literally. It's like cowboy inspired rock (not even metal imo) that just doesn't deliver. You think this is because of the half dozen metal festivals that popped up, Dave can't get the quality bands like he used to?

Back
Top Bottom