Team USA Shin/Calf Skins worn by Durant & Gay

andfattoo, and P MAC ONE bring up all great points.. and 
roll.gif
 lol at game 7's of the finals.. but oh its sooooooo tru 

steve cash, it doesn't matter if your in the hood or not, how can you choose someone that looks like they dont or do foul? you cant tell or choose someone that looks like it.

so this is what im suppose to do right? step #1 move out the hood, Step #2. Don't wear protective gear so i won't get laughed at 
pimp.gif
  and step 3 have a great time playing basketball? right? 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

When was the last time you got hit in the shins during a basketball game? Maybe if those shin sleeves helped with shin splints, but as far as protecting your shins, you dont get hit in the shins very often at all.
THIS.....^^^^^^^^....RIGHT HERE....
(and btw, I wear shoulder braces for my suspect shoulders....but its about purpose and functionality, not aesthetic-be-like-my-favorite-player-looks)

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

When was the last time you got hit in the shins during a basketball game? Maybe if those shin sleeves helped with shin splints, but as far as protecting your shins, you dont get hit in the shins very often at all.
THIS.....^^^^^^^^....RIGHT HERE....
(and btw, I wear shoulder braces for my suspect shoulders....but its about purpose and functionality, not aesthetic-be-like-my-favorite-player-looks)

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

if dudes trying to hurt you while playing ball then you need to move out the hood.
This too ^^^^^ (since I don't know how to multiple quote stuff).....
I do realize that numbskulls on the asphalt blacktop in the "hood" play rough-jail-ball and take the "you can't foul out" policy to the umpth'teenth degree....
but I mostly play indoors with people who actually don't foul just to foul you...

I think Steve's advice is best, move out of the "hood" or find a game where folks actually don't want to hurt you because you're schooling them (or trying to dunk on them)....

Been out the hood since 2001 and dayum the bball games are truly that much better.....not some drunkards rolling from the benches to the courts to burn off their highs......
laugh.gif

btw, I'm not going to NOT play with a dude because he comes dressed to impress.....its a freakin' pick up game....but I might still laugh at him.
I'm just a jerk like that I guess....but funny is funny to me.....nobody I know getting paid to play ball....

if dudes trying to hurt you while playing ball then you need to move out the hood.
I do realize that numbskulls on the asphalt blacktop in the "hood" play rough-jail-ball and take the "you can't foul out" policy to the umpth'teenth degree....
but I mostly play indoors with people who actually don't foul just to foul you...

I think Steve's advice is best, move out of the "hood" or find a game where folks actually don't want to hurt you because you're schooling them (or trying to dunk on them)....

Been out the hood since 2001 and dayum the bball games are truly that much better.....not some drunkards rolling from the benches to the courts to burn off their highs......
laugh.gif

btw, I'm not going to NOT play with a dude because he comes dressed to impress.....its a freakin' pick up game....but I might still laugh at him.
I'm just a jerk like that I guess....but funny is funny to me.....nobody I know getting paid to play ball....

Originally Posted by DFABIX

laugh.gif

so your basically going with the Steve cash theory right?

step #1 move out the hood, Step #2. Don't wear protective gear so i won't get laughed at 
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

so your basically going with the Steve cash theory right?

step #1 move out the hood, Step #2. Don't wear protective gear so i won't get laughed at 
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

is this basketball or futbol?......just curious.....
and are any of the recreational players getting hit that hard and that much to warrant needing these?
or are they only for aesthetics?....
LMFAO
roll.gif
wish i could find this funny.. yo where i play at on the streets dudes is rough, so why is this a question to you? and anyone from the streets or the hood, would know that 
you try to dunk it on somone they gonna foul/hurt you, they take that as disrecptful and the older generation i play with plays very physical.  so to answer your question hell yea, dudes hit you hard

yup cant dunk in the hood or even if you are not in the hood but you are playing with people from the hood...its a no fly zone (not that i can dunk but ive seen some shady fouls when guys get airborne)

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

is this basketball or futbol?......just curious.....
and are any of the recreational players getting hit that hard and that much to warrant needing these?
or are they only for aesthetics?....
LMFAO
roll.gif
wish i could find this funny.. yo where i play at on the streets dudes is rough, so why is this a question to you? and anyone from the streets or the hood, would know that 
you try to dunk it on somone they gonna foul/hurt you, they take that as disrecptful and the older generation i play with plays very physical.  so to answer your question hell yea, dudes hit you hard

yup cant dunk in the hood or even if you are not in the hood but you are playing with people from the hood...its a no fly zone (not that i can dunk but ive seen some shady fouls when guys get airborne)

^^^not really.....
I mean, to discriminate against a "pick up game player" by the way he looks will give you mixed results...
I've seen some goofy kids ball it up.

I'm not the type of player that says "I have 5" at a pick up game when I don't have 5, ya feel me?

I just feel like the "shin guard" is not that necessary for bball.....but me being the shoulder suspect, I dont really have much wiggle room to be putting down someone for wearing it....but I might laugh at them.....

i just find it funny, but in no way am I saying they can't wear it, or its not functional for them....it might be.
sorry if my opinion on what I find funny makes people uncomfortable....you can just ignore me and keep it movin....

but as for the "hood" ball......I will agree that its rougher than normal......I think a mouthpiece is more important than shin guards though if you're ballin in the hood......

just my nickel,....

^^^not really.....
I mean, to discriminate against a "pick up game player" by the way he looks will give you mixed results...

I'm not the type of player that says "I have 5" at a pick up game when I don't have 5, ya feel me?

I just feel like the "shin guard" is not that necessary for bball.....but me being the shoulder suspect, I dont really have much wiggle room to be putting down someone for wearing it....but I might laugh at them.....

i just find it funny, but in no way am I saying they can't wear it, or its not functional for them....it might be.
sorry if my opinion on what I find funny makes people uncomfortable....you can just ignore me and keep it movin....

but as for the "hood" ball......I will agree that its rougher than normal......I think a mouthpiece is more important than shin guards though if you're ballin in the hood......

just my nickel,....

^^^not really.....

just my nickel,....

im really trying to figure you and Steve cash concept, laughing at someone that is trying to protect themselves.. i honestly don't find it funny..

i always try to look at it both ways, never from ones person side, and to laugh or care about what another man is wearing is beyond me.

Im not one to wear arm sleeves, but when i see another player with it on i could care less, if he or she has game, thats all that matters..

i just can't see myself giggling about what another man/woman has on, and for the most part PROTECTING THEMSELVES

^^^not really.....

just my nickel,....

im really trying to figure you and Steve cash concept, laughing at someone that is trying to protect themselves.. i honestly don't find it funny..

i always try to look at it both ways, never from ones person side, and to laugh or care about what another man is wearing is beyond me.

Im not one to wear arm sleeves, but when i see another player with it on i could care less, if he or she has game, thats all that matters..

i just can't see myself giggling about what another man/woman has on, and for the most part PROTECTING THEMSELVES

wow....... move out the hood??.... anyways, they were designed and being worn for a reason, on top of the fact that i DO get kneed there. I aint got insurance, so this can be the second best thing since im not able to recover from injuries like when i was younger.

wow....... move out the hood??.... anyways, they were designed and being worn for a reason, on top of the fact that i DO get kneed there. I aint got insurance, so this can be the second best thing since im not able to recover from injuries like when i was younger.

In large metropolitan areas, many of the courts in non-hood areas are infested/dominated by people who grew up or live in the hood. (and you know what they say, you can take the man out the hood ...)

If anyone is from Los Angeles, they can attest to this.

In large metropolitan areas, many of the courts in non-hood areas are infested/dominated by people who grew up or live in the hood. (and you know what they say, you can take the man out the hood ...)

If anyone is from Los Angeles, they can attest to this.

Back
Top Bottom