Teamates not warning you about screens unappreciation! Vol. CRACK!

TheGodFresco

formerly gsdoubleu
hate when teamates dont give you a heads up, i %#!*$* up my neck today from a screen i didnt see and got no warning about it.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I love it when other team doesn't give a head's up about a screen, because im the one usually giving the screen
laugh.gif

I think next to blind side hits in football, giving a blind side screen while the defender is running with the guy comes second. I love seeing the guys reaction after he runs into my shoulders
laugh.gif

I remember once I was running side by side with this guy up the court and no one told me about a screen some huge #@% %+@#*@#%*++$ set. I slammed into him and flew back like 8 feet and then rolled on the ground for like 14 more feet
laugh.gif

Even worse when they call out a screen and they don't step up on the ball-handler. Calling out screens do nothing.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Even worse when they call out a screen and they don't step up on the ball-handler. Calling out screens do nothing.

This right here. Then you just end up with an akward double team on a guy who doesn't even have the ball. I hate playing with guys who have no fundamentals.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I love it when other team doesn't give a head's up about a screen, because im the one usually giving the screen
laugh.gif

I think next to blind side hits in football, giving a blind side screen while the defender is running with the guy comes second. I love seeing the guys reaction after he runs into my shoulders
laugh.gif

This is like the story of my basketball life

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

This right here. Then you just end up with an akward double team on a guy who doesn't even have the ball. I hate playing with guys who have no fundamentals.
you guys act like everyone thinks you should hedge any screen - there's something called playing under it that would be fine against most average pickup players, that doesn't put nearly as much pressure on your defense to recover.

If you see a screen get called out, either fight over it or play under it.  Unless you've got an organized squad with you, expecting teammates to know your own personal defensive strategy is stupid as hell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Shoulders...haha, shouldnt they be running into your chest? dude is setting up and taking people on the other team OUT!

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

no one ever hedges a screen the right way anyway. they always stay flat and it does nothing.

I dont like it either. Its not that hard to yell "pick left" "pick right"

BUT if your a good defender you should see them before they happen..word to
large_lebron-james-d.jpg

Arms out.

nothing i %*@*%@$ hate more. During a HS game i was guarding the opponents best player when we were up 1. I was going all out and ran RIGHT into the %*@*%@$ big man setting the screen, i collided with him and my man got into the hole for what turned out to be the GW layup. Needless to say i was %*@*%@$ LIVID afterwords, idk if ive ever called someone out like i did my teamate who didnt yell out the screen. Like its just leaving me out to dry its like when a LT lets a dude get to the QBs bind side, its not that %*@*%@$ hard to let me know. He was my boy though, i apologized the next day cause i felt so bad. i went off on him
laugh.gif
smh.gif

EDIT: and i hea you with the arms out %$+*, but that only works when youre like Lebron in the picture above. When your man is standing still setting up the offense, when your man is going full speed off the dribble like in my situation, it doesnt really matter whether your arm hits 1st or not, you are still running into that screen, you are moving too fast to stop in time unless you got like 15 foot arms
laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]yeah if i'm playing pickup and i'm calling out the screen for someone, i usually just yell whether they should go under or fight it to avoid confusion, i.e. "screen, go under"[/font]

I expect my teammates to call a screen and on what side, just to be courteous.

But I always use my peripherals, word to this man...

virgin1.jpg

pimp.gif
I love setting screens on teams that don't talk on defense. When I blindside an unassuming defender it be looking like he just got sniped
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Happened to Singler in last nights game before the heave

I thought i was the only one who saw that...

Singler got ROCKED too...
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by MHT214

I dont like it either. Its not that hard to yell "pick left" "pick right"

BUT if your a good defender you should see them before they happen..word to
large_lebron-james-d.jpg

Arms out.
True, but not when your picking up someone full court and POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's easy to tell a screen is coming if your not moving like that Bron picture.

Back
Top Bottom