Tech Buyer's Guide...From 2000

Originally Posted by derventa

I found newspaper in school from 1996 and they had ads for computer with like 150mhz, 32mb ram, and 10mb of storage for like $1500 i was like
roll.gif
roll.gif

just checkout bestbuy(or any other electronics site) with the wayback machine

http://web.archive.org/web/*/bestbuy.com
1996 Hard drives with less storage than jump drives these days
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by derventa

I found newspaper in school from 1996 and they had ads for computer with like 150mhz, 32mb ram, and 10mb of storage for like $1500 i was like
roll.gif
roll.gif

just checkout bestbuy(or any other electronics site) with the wayback machine

http://web.archive.org/web/*/bestbuy.com
1996 Hard drives with less storage than jump drives these days
laugh.gif
My first real computer was a 486 with 66mhz, 16mb of ram, 200mb hard drive that was bought for just under $3000.

In '94, I was doing it.

Originally Posted by bahunt8

Dang just imagine where we'll be in 2020.

I was just thinking that too. I remember my 1st computer using MS dos. Had to type a command line 1000 characters long to play wheel of fortune
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by VIXIV

500x_cybiko.jpg

Cybiko was invented a decade ago but promised to do almost more than what the Peek does today-with wireless messaging and an MP3 "attachment."
I distinctly remember thinking this being the flyest **** I've ever seen
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

same here.. i was begging to get this, but my mom said no because i was too young
tired.gif

I actually had a Cybiko LOL. Didn't know how to work it so I returned it. Two ways were hot though, they pretty much opened the door for mobile texting.

Originally Posted by bahunt8

Dang just imagine where we'll be in 2020.
Amazing, and scary to fathom.

..I'm sitting here looking at my 1st Gen. Ipod Touch like 'its time for an upgrade'. 15 years ago this same touch would've made me theanti-Christ.

Back
Top Bottom