Tech Heads: Laptop Advice

I'm looking for a new laptop to use basically only for work functions.. E-mail, Word, Excel, etc... I've got a Macbook that's a couple years old and does all this already but for the sake of simplicity I want to get something else so I can keep work and personal use completely separate...

I'm trying not to spend a ton of money, probably in the $500-600 range, but I don't want to buy a piece of junk that I'm gonna have all kinds of issues with in short order... Dell, HP, Sony whatever it doesn't really matter as long as it's a good machine..

Any suggestions?

iPod Touch XL 

smokin.gif

HP.....alot of models in your price range.....pick one and find a review......purchase................done

Originally Posted by BG BabyGlock26

HP.....alot of models in your price range.....pick one and find a review......purchase................done

Yup. I bought HP Pavilion series for 700. This thing is 
pimp.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
glasses.gif
smokin.gif

Don't know if HP fixed their issues, but their DV series from previous years all had overheating problems.

Dont get HP, engadget reported it has the highest crash rates

IMO, get Lenovo, its not as sexy, but its one of the more reliable laptops out there

or sony/dell has pretty decent pricing

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Dont get HP, engadget reported it has the highest crash rates

IMO, get Lenovo, its not as sexy, but its one of the more reliable laptops out there

or sony/dell has pretty decent pricing
x2
I have a dell m1330, pretty good so far, had a glitch recently but it was fixed by Best Buy's geek squad. Every laptop will have some sort of problem/issue along the way, just gotta be smart with it.

ive had 2 hp in the last 2 years. both fried

(although i admit i guess i could have taken better care of them
laugh.gif
smh.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom