Technology Is Not A Good Look Vol. It Was All Good Just Flipping Signs Huh

This is a beautiful way of thinking and hoping but we know this will never happen.
Yeah a CEO isn't thinking hey i can work people less and make the same profit...
Its always about if I lay off people, i'll make more money

Globalization is a huge part of the problem even though it is the driving force of the solution.

We need markets to be linked to have the cheapest and most efficient innovations in technology. But we also need to be satisfied investing in our communities and not always be about getting bigger and bigger, more market share, more locations, more profit, etc. 

If we spent as much money in technology innovation as we do on military spending to acquire resources in this global economy, I'm sure we would have made much more progress toward thinking like this. But until world leaders are pushing this (communist sounding) agenda, business as usual is going to be to layoff rather than pay for less work. 

Happy I work in IT.

Dat future-proofing. Work with our team in India on the reg.... Yeah definitely not worried about losing my job to them.

Quality of work is buns and slow.

Until some new hot shot with no idea of how things work decides to make a name for himself by cutting costs.

Happy I work in IT.

Dat future-proofing. Work with our team in India on the reg.... Yeah definitely not worried about losing my job to them.

Quality of work is buns and slow.

Until some new hot shot with no idea of how things work decides to make a name for himself by cutting costs.

Especially in Goverrnment contracting. I thought I was good because my contract was SCA but had this new company out of Virginia come and pull some illegal **** and turn us non SCA then salary and remove benefits and cut our pay by 17k. No way all of this was legal, we were going to file a DOL complaint, but I just got another job doing the same thing with the old company back to my old rate but this company SNAP INC is beyond dirty

I actually saw one of those sign holding machines in person. This dude who owns a smoke shop used to pay crackheads to hold the sign for him. I'm surprised they haven't damaged or stolen his machine yet lol.

[h1]Artificially Intelligent Russian Robot Makes a Run for It … Again[/h1]
By Greg Uyeno, Staff Writer  | June 22, 2016 04:14pm ET

A robot in Russia caused an unusual traffic jam last week after it "escaped" from a research  lab, and now, the artificially intelligent bot is making headlines again after it reportedly tried to flee a second time, according to news reports.

Engineers at the Russian lab reprogrammed the intelligent machine, dubbed Promobot IR77, after last week's incident, but the robot  recently made a second escape attempt, The Mirror reported.

Last week, the robot made it approximately 160 feet (50 meters) to the street, before it lost power and "partially paralyzed" traffic. [The 6 Strangest Robots Ever Created]

Promobot, the company  that designed the robot, announced the escapade in a blog post  the next day.

The strange escape has drawn skepticism  from some who think it was a promotional stunt, but regardless of whether the incident was planned, the designers seem to be capitalizing on all the attention. The company's blog includes photographs of the robot from multiple angles as it obstructs traffic, and the robot's escape came a week after Promobot announced plans to present the newest model in the company's series, Promobot V3, in the fall.

The company said its engineers were testing a new positioning system that allows the robot to avoid collisions while moving under its own control. But when a gate was left open, the robot wandered into the street and blocked a lane of traffic for about 40 minutes, the blog post states.

The Promobot was designed to interact with people  using speech recognition, providing information  in the form of an expressive electronic face, prerecorded audio messages and a large screen on its chest. The company has said the robot could be used as a promoter, administrator, tour guide or concierge.

In light of the robot's recent escapes, and citing multiple changes to the robot's artificial intelligence, Promobot co-founder Oleg Kivokurtsev told The Mirror, "I think we might have to dismantle it."

But in its blog post, the company said it considers the escape a successful test of the machine's new navigation system, because the robot didn't harm anyone and wasn't damaged during the getaway.

According to the company's English-language website, one of the advantages  of the Promobot compared to a human promoter is that it "will not be confused and stray."

Original article on Live Science.

if little girl can overcome fear of tecnologies, then the rest of us should do the same...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom