Tell All Book on Diddy's Shady Dealings.....

Thisis50.com

Former Bad Boy rapper Mark Curry is releasing a tell-all book based on his time with the record label and his memoir reveals shady business practices by Sean "Diddy" Combs.

The book, titled Dancing With The Devil, is slated for release in February. In the first chapter of the book featured on Curry's site, Curry claims that Diddy likes to steal his artists shine and overcharge his artists.

"Puff has an annoying habit of inserting himself into the songs and videos of all the artists on his label and its common knowledge that many Bad Boy acts resented him for this," Curry writes. "Asked about his practice in the July 1995 issue of a magazine aimed at black teenagers, Puff said: 'I like performing with my artists. I like talking on the records and I like being in the videos. It protects my interests in terms of what I'm going to do in the future. Say if a company tries to remove me. It's going to be hard to remove me and still have my acts and [have] the same level of intensity and the same flavour and feeling'."

"Puff charged the artists for his appearance on their records and videos, usually without [them] realizing it until they receive their royalty statements," Curry writes. "That's when they discovered that their large sums of money had gone to fees which were doubled, tripled and even quadrupled because of Puff's 'special appearances". He charged artists, for example, for having his Bentley in his videos-which he insisted upon- then took tax credit for business use of a car."

Curry appeared on Diddy's Forever, Notorious B.I.G.'s posthumous album Born Again and Diddy's The Saga Continues. He is well known for his appearance on the 2001 hit "Bad Boy For Life".
smh.gif

No wonder everybody left? Or got kicked outta bad boy? dude shady as hell for doing his artists like that.

but at the end of the day I guess you can't knock him for gettin his money

this is nothing new everbody knows how he gets down but people still $+*@ with him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

No, I can knock him for this. People like him ruin the music business because they're only out to make sure they get money.

For example, the way i see it, Diddy talked over Big's songs just to make it seem like he was the reason that Biggie was in the position that he was in.It's comparable to tagging the pic of the shoes your selling. Know what I mean?

Ugggg!
Yes you can.................. Puff is a snake in the grass. Getting money off of extorting the dreams & hopes of others (especially others who look justlike you) is not to be commended.
A dude like Puff can't get money the way he has & my respect. Nah!
There is a trade off in this situation.

I kinda said what I was really trying to say wrong.

Ye I feel you guys tho....Im sayin that because we all know how he is.

Dude was crazy annoying on BIG songs always talking and !%*$..

and he still doing it today he did day26 and danity kane dirty............they were on the radio saying how they havent even been paid yet and this was afterthe album dropped......smh

Idk he made himself a really good image that he can go on doing this for damn near 20years...people knows he's a snake man...btw new MTB next month, inthis season he's not lettin the other girls outta their contract...typical puff...

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

No, I can knock him for this. People like him ruin the music business because they're only out to make sure they get money.

For example, the way i see it, Diddy talked over Big's songs just to make it seem like he was the reason that Biggie was in the position that he was in. It's comparable to tagging the pic of the shoes your selling. Know what I mean?
my theory is that he talked over songs so he can claim that he co-wrote the song and collect publishing off of it

i wouldnt sign with him if my life depended on it.

cats knowing the way he is (if it looks like a duck....) and keep signing with him...

fool me once....

I always knew Diddy is a fraud. I can't believe most of the world accept the image that the media portrays him as. Although, I do admit that he's smartat what he does. I just hope karma catches up to him one day.

eek.gif
@ charging cats for having his whipsin their video.... ruthless!!!

Puff is a well known sheist, just think about it what artists that was down with Puff back when Bad Boy was hot still has a good relationship with him, Mase,Faith, Craig Mack, The Lox, 112, Total, Black Rob none of them f with him. We see how he did Shyne and Dep. For the life of me i don't know why artistssign with Puff, you never have longevity.... you get 2 albums at best then *poof* remember Dream what happened to them, Da Band, Cheri Dennis, Loon, Cassie.Puff probably makes more money off his artist's publishing then any of his successful ventures.

After watching the NOTORIOUS movie I realize how much of a leech he was. Without BIG there is no Puff and I think that he knew that. He went everywhere withBIG. Dude is a real snake.

Dude has to have so much pull in the industry that nobody $$%%# with him.

The sad part is that it's a well known fact, but nobody can do anything about it b/c he's in with the who's who of the entertainment world. Abouttime somebody stepped up besides the Lox years ago, but I think this book will probably be swept under the rug

I hate when dude talks on records. I hated him talking on Notorious Thugs(Yes i know it was only like 7 words). Thats just the start of my dislike for thisdude. He was talking all over LAD

? if thats the worst of it then this book isnt worth copping.

I wanna hear about Puff making Big sign his royalties away right before he died.

Originally Posted by JDee 41

After watching the NOTORIOUS movie I realize how much of a leech he was. Without BIG there is no Puff and I think that he knew that. He went everywhere with BIG. Dude is a real snake.

Without BIG there is no Puff?

Dude had his own label already. Was pretty much responsible for Jodeci and Mary J Blige. So how you figure? BIG's gone. Puff's still here.

Puff is a shark but he really is not much different than anyone in the biz, or pretty much ANY business. Thing is, he thrusts himself into the limelight, sohe's bound to get more scrutiny. A book like this wouldn't sell unless the general public knew who was being discussed.

If you think %#$% is sweet in the world of business, you are either sorely mistaken.......or broke. This happens constantly. %#$%, I think my boss might STILLhave Mos Def's publishing. He's trying to get as much back end money as possible. He's a hustler. Y'all act like hustler's are supposed tobe angels. They're not. In ANY field. Music, Movies, Drugs, Corporate Finance. That's why they're RICH.

But let's be real here. Mark Curry? Another sub par rapper I haven't heard about in 10 years is mad because he didn't blow? Can I really takeanything he says seriously?

When you guys become adults, you will find that there are always 2 sides to every story. And that the truth is usually somehwere in between......

Back
Top Bottom