Tell me not, baseball produces the 'coolest' single-player feats

After seeing the following tweet, I feel as if baseball has the 'coolest' single-player feats. More so than the other major sports.

@ESPNStatsInfo: Tim Lincecum lost in Homer Bailey's no-hitter. The only pitcher who was the loser in a no-no & then threw the NEXT one was Mal Eason (1906).

By cool, I don't mean hardest to achieve, I literally just mean cool by the sense of the word :lol: . Weird thread, but I hope you guys understand what I mean.

Chris Davis is the only MLBer to have 37 HRs before the all-star break while only consuming a total of 41 sunflower seeds since the season began.

Baseball do have a lot of different/neat stats or feats :lol:

Last edited:
The Seattle Mariners are the only team to hit a homerun in more than 20 straight games while their leading homerun hitter on the team is over the age of 40.

I just made that up, so not sure if entirely true, but eh.

I'm reading these in Tim Kurkjian's voice in my head.

Kurkjian_Tim_cropped.jpg

Errnight on Baseball tonight I get a "no one has ever done this stat" :lol:

They always be hitting folks wit **** like this: 'He becomes first 3B in the American league since the DH was instituted to go 4-8 over 2 games after hits team split a back-to-back, facing pitchers that had a combined ERA of than less than 7.4, without leaving any runner in scoring position and taking at least 3 balls at each at bat'

Last edited:

They always be hitting folks wit **** like this: 'He becomes first 3B in the American league since the DH was instituted to got 4-8 over 2 games after hits team split a back-to-back, facing pitchers that a combined ERA less than 7.4, without leaving any runner in scoring position and taking at least 3 balls at each at bat'

...In day games.

theres so many rare events that can happen in baseball which is what makes it interesting

theres so many rare events that can happen in baseball which is what makes it interesting

Very true. Some announcer mentioned that every time he watches a baseball game, almost every time he sees something that he's never seen before. It's true if you pay close enough attention. Another reason why it's such a great sport.

They always be hitting folks wit **** like this: 'He becomes first 3B in the American league since the DH was instituted to got 4-8 over 2 games after hits team split a back-to-back, facing pitchers that a combined ERA less than 7.4, without leaving any runner in scoring position and taking at least 3 balls at each at bat'

...In day games.

:rofl:

It's the same with **** Homer Bailey when he had his no-no. He was the last to record one in 2012, and the first to record one in 2013. To me that's damn cool.

Last edited:

Very true. Some announcer mentioned that every time he watches a baseball game, almost every time he sees something that he's never seen before. It's true if you pay close enough attention. Another reason why it's such a great sport.
No offense, but imo this is why baseball is not that great of a sport.

Focus is too much on statistics and sabermetrics and all these esoteric things surrounding on-field play, but not enough on the on-field play itself. IMO, in a good spectator sport the game should speak for itself.

...In day games.

:rofl:

The game does speak for itself. It's just that there are SO MANY possible outcomes of each and every second.

Undefined scoring* (in all other sports, there is a designated "goal" or area in which to do so - only partially true in baseball), defense dictates offense (pitching), no clock, big playing field, small ball, exponentially more matchup-based now, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom