Tell me the cops in South Beach don't have their hands full this weekend...

laugh.gif

Miami Dolphins player Randy Starks was arrested and charged with aggravated battery early Sunday morning after pushing his slow-moving truck into an officer who was trying to stop him along Ocean Drive during the busy Memorial Day weekend.

Here's what happened, according to a police report:

Starks, a 25-year-old defensive end, was driving a black freight-liner through bumper-to-bumper traffic around midnight when an officer noticed there were 13 people in the four-person vehicle, including a woman sitting on his lap.

The officer walked up to the car and knocked on the side window; Starks kept driving. Starks finally stopped when the officer knocked on the side door. Then the car accelerated, moving slightly to the left.

The movement caused the vehicle to hit the officer in the chest and pinned him against against a vehicle in the another lane.

Police ran the tags on the truck, which showed the license plate was not registered to that specific vehicle.

Starks is going into his second season with the Dolphins, where he started in four games and played reserve in 12 others. A graduate of the University of Maryland, he was drafted in 2004 by the Tennessee Titans.

He was listed as being held in jail Sunday morning on $10,000 bond.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Link

If anyone has been to South Beach on Memorial Day weekend, you know what the deal is....

I heard there was a murder on the beach. Its always a zoo down there memorial day weekend though...no question

Good, screw the Dolphins!

I don't think the summit popped off though.....could be wrong though.

man that's a douche move. i can't believe he would put someone's life in danger just to seem like he's too tough for the cops. you know youdead wrong for drivin a four passenger vehicle with 13 people in it, and then you get pulled over and just keep driving knowing that you're a richprofessional athlete with a reputation on the line? dude is probably mad at the cop for catching his truck in the chest. i hope they throw the book at him forreal on some assaulting a police officer type $%%%. unless there's more to the story that i don't know.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Most of them +!%@+@ down ther is broke anyway.

This.

From what I hear from Miami residents, this is the weekend where a bunch of normal, middle-class people come down to "stunt" with rented exotics,bottle service, and obnoxious, d-bag behavior. Lame.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Most of them +!%@+@ down ther is broke anyway.

This.

From what I hear from Miami residents, this is the weekend where a bunch of normal, middle-class people come down to "stunt" with rented exotics, bottle service, and obnoxious, d-bag behavior. Lame.
thats what i hear...not hard to believe either.

Originally Posted by Rawk On

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If anyone has been to South Beach on Memorial Day weekend, you know what the deal is.... a fool
How's that? I went 2 years ago and it was a blast. Only bad thing that happen that weekend was some girl came up missing.

Back
Top Bottom