Tell Me Why Sneaker Collecting Is Important To You! And Your Opinion On Collecting Sneakers!

So I have a project to do, and I need to know why Sneaker collecting is important to Sneaker Heads like you all! So comment and tell me why it's important to you and your opinion on Sneaker Collecting! I really need to know! Thanks In Advance!

Its important in a way that I can express my individuality and fashion sense. But I don't need it in m life, its more so a a passion. I am also not a sneaker head but a huge fan!

Peace & good luck on the projekt.
smile.gif

For me it backs memories when I was younger and couldn't afford Jordan's because mom/dad wouldn't buy me them.

laugh.gif

I always idolized the sneakers and the importance of Jordan's legacy.

Now that I can afford the sneakers, I collect because I like the way the look and it brings me joy to finally have something that I wanted as a kid.

That's why I collect.

When I was into it, it was just that sense of having those shoes I wanted so badly when I was a kid that my family couldn't afford...It was nice to get a pair when I could after 1991, but it was few and far between until I graduated college...

Sneaker collecting isn't important. What's important is getting ahead in life, establishing yourself in society, so you can afford that collection. Sneakers to me is simply a hobbie. Something I've longed for since I was a child but my parents didn't have the funds, no biggie so I took a mental note of the shoes I liked and when I started working I started to buy shoes and more shoes. I never thought,It was important to collect shoes its more of a passion or for others a dedication or maybe a longterm comittment. I could careless what people think, which is why collecting shouldn't be important.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

For me it backs memories when I was younger and couldn't afford Jordan's because mom/dad wouldn't buy me them.

laugh.gif

I always idolized the sneakers and the importance of Jordan's legacy.

Now that I can afford the sneakers, I collect because I like the way the look and it brings me joy to finally have something that I wanted as a kid.

That's why I collect.
Practically the same reason for me.

Mom didn't want to spend too much on shoes. Specially if I'm just going to trash them.
So she opt out to buy 2 pairs of Addidas/Nike (which ever was cheaper at the time) instead of Jordan. lol

The ugly truth is that it's not really important at all. It's an unnecessary extravagance. I buy what I like when I can and money is never an issue. What is an issue is even getting the shoes at all these days because everyone has to seems to gone bat guano crazy and buying a pair of release day is difficult.

Back
Top Bottom