Tell NT why you picked the teams you root for.... Vol. SKA's Sig

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by toine2983

As for College football I don't really have a team either, but the last few years I have started dynasties in NCAA Football with Florida, The U, and Notre Dame.
sick.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Born in 1985

San Antonio

- LA Lakers:  hated the Spurs at the time and wanted to root for a team that had more flair. 
indifferent.gif

but I bet you were the 1st one downtown the years they won the chips...
nerd.gif
grin.gif
I should ignore this but i won't
ABSOLUTELY NOT! 

No I was not on 35 honking my horn, 

No I was not at South Park and Academy buying Spurs Championship gear...

No I was not screaming STAY TIM STAY while in full panic mode

While I respect the team and organization for what they have done for my city... i do not root for the Spurs....ever.

What up wrote:
JPZx wrote:
You're moving on from the Lakers (as Kobe is going down the hill) to the Thunder (KD going up the hill) then?

*Kobe's still on top of his game even though he's on the downside part of his career, just thought I needed to include that.

Same thing I was thinking.

"playoff run made me a fan" = I like cheering for a winner

Like the Cowboys AND 49ers ...

You're the wrong person to START this thread.
^^^^I was like 6 when I got my Aikman jersey.... once i knew better, and fell in love Jerry Rice's game I liked the Niners.

Mets- Always loved the underdog, something just drew me too them despit everyone around me being a Yankee fan.
Jets- Got into football round '98 and Jets were better than the Giants at that time.  Vinny
pimp.gif

Knicks- Who else would I be a fan of, the Nets
laugh.gif

Indiana Basketball- Mom's family from Indiana, her and all her 5 siblings aside from 1 went to IU (one traitor went to Purdue)
indifferent.gif

St. John's- Grew up going to games at the Garden when they were still a real team.
Michigan Football- Grandpa was really close friends with Bob Chappius, the 1947 Heisman Runner-Up
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
.  Used to get hooked up with lots of Michigan stuff. Stuntin' on cats with the Michigan starter jacket back in the day.

Who doesnt root for the Thunder?
I was at every game while KD was here, had class with him and more than anythng i want to see him do well because I know that he has worked hard to do so... and he's so damn humble
pimp.gif

Thats why it was so hard that when the Celts had a chance to draft him 
frown.gif
 but they didnt get it
pimp.gif

Lakers will always be my first love, OKC is my wife on the side 
smile.gif

Born and raised in Los Angeles and I can't root for any team in the city except my Alma Mater, USC.

NFL - New York Giants : I can thank my uncles and cousins for this. Growing up I was able to travel a lot and visiting my Mother's side of the family was something I did a lot. They all live in New York and have been season ticket holders before I was even born. I attended a handful of games for some years, but haven't been back in awhile. My favorite player growing up was the real L.T.

NBA - Chicago Bulls : I can thank my pops for being the douches of all douches, he's a Lakers fan. He couldn't accept that I liked MJ and the Bulls. He would give me %!@* pre -91, always saying %!@* like Michael will never win a title. Made it twice as sweet when the Bulls won their first title and did it against the Lakers on their home court. I really don't follow the Bulls or the NBA anymore, but my hate for the Lakers will always be strong.

MLB - St. Louis Cardinals : Ozzie Smith was my favorite player growing up, played the short stop position too. I stuck with the Cards after he retired since it was the only team I ever rooted for.

NHL - Chicago Blackhawks : My Mother's Law Firm had an office in Chicago and the managing partner had season tickets to the Blackhawks. When we were in Chicago for Trials (I got to travel a lot 
pimp.gif
) I would go to the games. It was my intro to hockey and I became a diehard Hawks fan.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

UCLA- because USC ##!*+*+ SUCKS
46325f247f7ff674be0fbca77665d327e4bd9f0.jpg

Born in Cleveland; '89

Cavs fan through and through. I root for the other Cleveland teams but I'm really only a basketball fan.

Now in my 30's.

Chicago Bulls - Born and raised in Illinois. Die-hard fan of the team from 1987 - Jan 13, 1999 (MJ's 2nd retirement). Will always want the team to do well but it's never been the same since the team was broken up. Even if the Bulls win another title, it'll never match what those original teams meant to me. 

Boston Celtics - Started silently liking the Celtics around 91. The history, the mystique, the tradition, Boston Garden, Bird, Parish, Lewis... a great ballclub. For me, still represents what a basketball franchise should be.  Love the city, too.

Philadelphia Phillies - closest to 'hometown" baseball team I have. I'm roughly an hour from Citizens Park and the team def represents the city well. I'll always show love for Philly.

LA Dodgers - Normally I hate everything that has anything to do with LA. But the Dodgers are my brother's team and they got me into baseball. Hershiser and Lasorda = greatness.

Indiana University basketball - Family roots in state. Bobby Knight. Tradition. 'Nuff said.

Indianapolis Colts - Family roots in state.

born 86 in oakland. raiders were in la, niners were easy choice. didn't have cable (still don't) and only giants games are broadcast local (a's are 36 but it's blurry as hell). warriors. went to cal. going to nyu for more school in the fall, guess i gotta figure out a way to accept a basketball team called the violets...

Philadelphia Eagles - used to have this reversible Ricky Watters jersey back when Philly first changed to their current logo and been following them ever since. Gotta support my black QB's as well (D-Mac)
laugh.gif
Also grew fond of B-Dawkins, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Brian Westbrook and now my dude is Desean Jackson

Washington Wizards - only follow them cuz they're the home team and I can go to their games. I root more for the Atlanta Hawks tho

Seattle Mariners - Griffey, Edgar Martinez, Randy Johnson and a young A-Rod made me start following baseball back in the day. Don't really pay attention today, only when the playoffs start.

Georgetown Hoyas basketball - home team again, been following since the AI, Victor Paige days

college football - I watch just about everyone, but I sincerely hate Ohio State ever since the National championship game against the U. I remember I had to work the night of the game (Blockbuster FTL) and missed most of it. By the time I got home saw the McGahee injury and horrible PI flag and developed a hatred for Tressel and his damn sweater vests ever since

Villanova- Uncle Went to College there
Notre Dame- remember watching Saturday ND Games on NBC
Red Sox- When my grandfather passed when i was 5 he left old RedSox books that came down to me.
Picked up the rest of the Boston Teams from living in CT and getting those games over Jets/Giants

lakers
angels
ducks (was actually a kings fan prior to the ducks expansion)
chargers (also used to be a rams fan)

I'm from orange county

Born in 81.

Lakers - Born into a Laker family although I live in San Diego. I've got a lot of family in LA all the way up to the Bay. Only basketball team my family cares about is the Lakers. Don't get me wrong I love basketball, and follow other players, but there's only one team for me when it comes to the NBA, The Lakers.

Padres - My favorite athlete of all time next to Magic Johnson and Joe Montana, is Tony Gwynn. Played baseball and followed the Padres because of Tony Gwynn. Has stuck with me since and love the Padres just as much as I love the Lakers. Just like basketball, I follow other players as well, but only one team for me when it comes to baseball, The Padres.

Chargers - City I was born and raised in by default. Was a 49er fan when I was a kid during the Joe Montana years. Got hurt when they traded Joe and just started following the Chargers because of Junior Seau. Stuck it through until the recent release of LT. Don't really have a player on the Chargers left that I'm really a fan of. I dislike the front office and the owner. But I have no one else to root for, so bleh.

SDSU Aztecs - I was a student at SDSU. Only wanted to go there since Tony Gwynn went there. I think their football program is absolute trash, but I'll have to support them since they're my school. Love the basketball and baseball program though.

UCLA/USC - I will support both schools since they're both SoCal.

San Jose Sharks - Recently just started following hockey. Have fam out in San Jose, I didn't have a team so my nephew suggested that I root for the Sharks along with the rest of the family.

Born in 86'
- Bay Area, CA

Lakers - Was a Magic fan as a youngster, Penny and Shaq were my idols. When Shaq moved to LA I went with him. Loved Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel to death. I was 9 at the time so hopping on a wagon is ok at that age lol.

Raiders - My pops is a die hard Raiders fan, so it was instilled in me since birth to love the Raiders and hate the 49ers. Havent looked back since, no matter how bad it has gotten.

A's - Pretty much all I knew being from the Bay. &since pops taught me to hate any team from Frisco I didn't really have a choice.

Born in '87 in South Philadelphia, minutes from the Sports Complex. My pops has been an Eagles season ticket holder since the 70's so me or my brother have been to every Eagles game since we were old enough. The only non-Philadelphia team I root for is the Bulls due to being a fan of MJ and stuck with them when they sucked for a couple years after the team was broken up (Still sick that Jay Williams career had to end prematurely).

Just curious, for the people who live in a city and hate the home team, Why? I'm just curious bc some of my friends hate the Eagles but root for every other Philly sports team, just wondering why that is.

Virginia Tech - I go here
laugh.gif

******** - Grew up in the DC area. Even though my parents weren't huge fans my sisters and I watched every game.
Lakers - Had a Showtime II poster on my wall from SI for kids
laugh.gif
Loved Eddie Jones and NVE, then Kobe was my favorite player so now I've just adopted the franchise.
Maryland and Kentucky Bball - Grew up watching Kentucky since my parents used to live there, became a MD fan cus of Steve Francis. I kinda switched allegiances to VT once I started going here (and even that took awhile, freshmen year I went to a game vs the terps and I secretly wanted them to win
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
) But I still root for Maryland hardcore whenever they aren't playing us.

Born in LA... grew up in Seattle.

MLB - Mariners

NFL – Seahawks

MLS – Sounders

* NBA – The Sonics left so I really don’t have a team but I cheer for …… Blazers (went to high school with B- Roy + live in Portland) / Lakers (first NBA game was watching Magic)

* I know that the Blazers hate the Lakers so I could never be a real fan of Portland.

But I don’t care I’m just waiting for Seattle to get a new NBA team(
nerd.gif
).

Originally Posted by Wings90

Lakers - More than anything I hated the Spurs, family full of Spurs fans, I wanted to see them lose, the Lakers were the best chance for that to happen.
sad....
tired.gif

cleansneaksonly21 wrote:

ABSOLUTELY NOT! 

While I respect the team and organization for what they have done for my city... i do not root for the Spurs....ever.

I can respect that....
grin.gif

Lakers - More than anything I hated the Spurs, family full of Spurs fans, I wanted to see them lose, the Lakers were the best chance for that to happen.
sad....
tired.gif

cleansneaksonly21 wrote:

ABSOLUTELY NOT! 

I can respect that....
grin.gif

roll.gif
An uncle got me a Duncan jersey for Christmas when I was a kid.  I donated it to Goodwill the next day.

sad....
tired.gif

roll.gif
An uncle got me a Duncan jersey for Christmas when I was a kid.  I donated it to Goodwill the next day.

I hope your joking.....
indifferent.gif

smh.gif

Pick the teams my father hated when I was younger. Pretty simple.

Giants fan, I rooted for the Cowboys.
Bulls fan, I rooted for the Knicks.
Rangers fan, I rooted for the Devils.
Mets fan, I rooted for the Yankees.

Been rooting for those teams ever since.

Back
Top Bottom