Tell NT why you picked the teams you root for.... Vol. SKA's Sig

When I appreciated kobe's skills and recognized how powerful the lakers are
pimp.gif

NBA- none, I like to keep up sometimes but I guess you could say I used to like the bulls, didn't every kid like the bulls that was born in the 80's?
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks have been my team ever since I was 10 or so, went to Chicago a lot when I was younger.
NFL- Bengals, I'm from Northern Kentucky so it's our hometown team. I also like the Vikings since I was 5 or 6. My mom and dad are huge vikings fans so it carried on.
MLB- Reds of course, I remember going to games at riverfront/cinergy then GABP
NCAA- University of Kentucky. home state so been with them forever.

Broncos-Dad was a fan, followed suit.
Nuggets-I was down pre Carmelo, more around the time of Mutombo, Chris Jackson (Abdul-Rauf), the Phonz, Stith,
              the busts of Mark Macon and Marcus Liberty  McNichols Arena,the '97-98 season (12-70) and so on....
Avs-first hockey game I ever attended was in '95
Longhorns-I have a few family members that are alums

Im very scattered here. Born in 1986 outside philly.

My dad is all local fan. phils, fliers, sixers, eagles, psu football...

At the age of 4 I loved to agitate and always went against my dads teams.

Im not sure if i picked my teams for the color or a player. I know I picked the raiders cuz of bo jackson in tecmo super bowl. anyway...

Raiders
Magic
white sox
unc b ball
psu football.

Been with all 5 of them teams since i was 4 and i'm now 23.

Raiders were pretty crappy my whole life, got screwed by brady and refs 1 year, blew out in super bowl the next. My fav football player in the 90s was deion after that it was vick.
Magic havent won +%$* my whole life. lost 2 finals. My fav player ever out of all sports is penny hardaway but i like the magic in 90 when skiles was there. fav player now is lebron.
white sox won 1 world series other than that we sucked my whole life. fav player is griffey
unc b ball won a few titles, probably my most successful sports team.
Psu football was the only sport I rock with my dad on. Love the tradition love joe pa, wanted to go to school there etc.

I may be scattered but far from a bandwagon "lakers, yankees, cowboys" fan like most people. And I can almost bet that anybody with them 3 teams was a bulls fan until mj left then they hopped to the next best thing

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy
I don't pay enough attention to sigs much, haven't noticed you or associated you with being a "frontrunner" and I'm not trying to be a #**% or pile on, but damn...
That is a group that basically encompasses the successful teams of the late 90s or so.  I think if it were me, I'd have to look at it objectively and realize that I chose the teams I'm a fan of because of their accomplishments and not because of any real association with them.

It also doesn't help in terms of appearance that you only have the current powerhouse teams from that list in your sig.  I can understand why you'd leave Miami out though, I wouldn't wanna be associated with those NTers either.

From mass- Celtics Pats Sox

Aunt from Conn that I stayed with alot as a kid, loved watching uconn with her there.

Used to watch Inter Milan as kid with my brother, he was a big fan so i became one naturally.

sig speaks for itself, but being from the Bronx obviously Yankees>Mets, and idk why i guess cause the Yankees played in the "American League".. when i was younger i became a fan of the Jets because they played in the "AFC" gave me that Yankee type vibe to it, although we haven't won since 69'
indifferent.gif
lol

Knicks and Rangers were just the +$%$ in the 90's. 94' was that** year. i love this history and culture of sports in NY

Born and raised in Columbus, So I have always been an Ohio St. Fan.

Always was a Kevin Johnson fan, even when he was with Cleveland. Then he ended up with my team (Phoenix) along with my all-time favorite player(Barkley).

Thurman Thomas was my favorite RB growing up, and I have been a Bills fan ever since......

Lakers - hometown team and my 2 favorite players of all time, Kobe & Shaq.

Raiders - grew up in L.A around a lot of Raider fans, so I became one too.

Honestly, ya'll bring up great points and I've been trying to get a Miami sig for a minute now but just haven't found a good one. I'd love to get all those teams in my sig but I don't think that would work out so I'm probably gonna start periodically switching them around.

I didn't switch from being a Rams fan to a Colts fan. I like both, I just like Indy more now. If possible, i'd love to see an Indy vs St Louis Super Bowl every year.

I see where ya'll are all coming from though, the teams I like have all had vast amounts of success but these squads are who I was first associated with when getting into the sports. I haven't switched these teams since. In terms of timing, it all looks horrible though. If this is 2005 then I doubt I get heckled for my sig.

If at any point on NT you see me become a "fan" of any other team than those I listed, feel free to go at my neck.

Back
Top Bottom