TENNIS - Roland Garros: The 2009 French Open

Originally Posted by Inno21

Quick question to the tennis heads in this thread.

By winning the French Open, where is federer's place amongst tennis greats?

Certainly very high at the top... his win at the French makes him the 6th man to ever have won the a 'career' slam (the four grand slams in acareer)... Agassi did this 10 years ago, so I guess it was fitting he presented the trophy to him... but is he the 'greatest'? I don't think itwould be fair to answer that until he and Nadal retires. Like I mentioned before, Nadal owns Fed in the head-to-head, so can someone be the 'greatest'if the next guy in line has a winning record against him? I'm not saying Fed is or isn't the greatest... there are just other factors to consider...

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

What's up with Gavin Rossdale trying to be Roger Federer's best friend though?

they are good friends..rogers intro music and gavins into tennis.

Originally Posted by Curious24

Being into music = owning an ipod. Who doesn't like music?

Pics of Soderling's girl?

I just did a quick google search and this is what I found...

Djokovic's girl...

novak_djokovic_girlfriend_jelena_ristic_07.jpg

Safin's girl looks like a Barbie...

FROL8788%281%29_thumb.jpg

[h1]Man runs onto court in French Open final[/h1]
4 hours, 7 minutes ago

PARIS (AP)-A man stunned Roger Federer and the crowd at the French Open when he leapt onto the court and tried to place a red hat on Federer's head during the men's final on Sunday.

Federer pushed the intruder aside, and the man then danced in front of him waving a Barcelona soccer team flag.

Security guards ran onto the court to subdue the man, but he jumped over the net. A security guard from Robin Soderling's side of the court then ran out and tackled him. He was carried off the court by three security guards.

Police later said he was jailed for questioning and could be charged with illegally entering a sports stadium. Police said the man claimed to be a fan of Federer.

Intruders have interrupted Grand Slam finals before, at Roland Garros and elsewhere, but what made this episode scarier was the man went right up to Federer and touched him.

After the man was taken away, a security guard approached Federer to check if he was OK. The Swiss player smiled and nodded. A moment later, Federer turned to look up at his wife in the stands and then adjusted his headband.

Federer won the first set 6-1 and was leading 2-1 in the second set when the man got through a row of photographers and jumped onto the court. Federer lost that game at love, but then won the next.

eek.gif

Tennis security is Horrible
I guess they're waiting for one of their tour players to get stabbed before they do something ...

wait, that happened already
smh.gif

If Rafa's out for Wimbledon, everyone needs to retire. Roger will break the record.

But Rafa's not going to not show up. It's Rafa!

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Originally Posted by Curious24

Being into music = owning an ipod. Who doesn't like music?
umm i was just saying...roger is into gavin's band Bush and they're celebrities so they can relate to each others lifestyles....theyprobably met and clicked just like normal ppl would do

Back
Top Bottom