$tern visits Phx, is scared

AZCENTRAL.COM
Quote:
Stern gets an earful at press conference
If NBA Commissioner David Stern thought Phoenix had a short memory, he thought wrong.

Stern's press conference at US Airways Center that followed the announcement of the 2009 NBA All-Star Game coming here was tense and at times almost uncomfortable. By the end, when someone mentioned "this joyous day" in Phoenix, Stern said,"You could have fooled me."

Hey, we still had questions. The first two came from Channel 15's Craig Fouhy and Channel 10's Jude LaCava. Both asked pointed, stern questions about why the commissioner took a tougher stand with Amar Stoudemire and Boris Diaw for leaving the bench area after a brief altercation in Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals than he did with with his own officials, whom he recently acknowledged have all violated the contractual prohibition against engaging in gambling.

Stern said it was because the language related to gambling in the NBA bylaws are not specific, unlike the language for leaving the bench.

Stern knew he would be grilled, but I doubt he expected this much. By the end, before a reporter asked a question, he smiled and said, "Are you friend or foe?"

Another interested tidbit: Security was definitely heightened. Two policemen were posted outside the entrance to the press conference and security guards repeatedly checked to make sure the doors were locked
Quote:
Another interested tidbit

2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

Damn the reporters sure know how to whine. D'Antoni must be proud.
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

baby_crying_closeup.jpg
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

Damn, Stern got roasted out there. :lol:
laugh.gif
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

Ok added security is ridiculous, the dudes well-being should not be threatened over a sport. Grilling him, cool I was salty about it too, even though we lost the series because of our own fault, but needing security for his safety is kind of sad.

$tern needs to quit life.
Hypocritical piece of @#%$

Here's a direct quote from that bastard from an NY Times article

Quote:
Our ban is absolute, Stern said. Its my view its too absolute, too harsh, and not particularly well enforced over the years. After some careful deliberation, I have decided that I will not be taking punitive action against the referees that violated this rule.

Now, this

Quote:
Stern said it was because the language related to gambling in the NBA bylaws are not specific, unlike the language for leaving the bench
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

The Suns thought Stern was going to hand them the Championship this year, all they got was a lousy all-star game.
TEAM BEN GORDON
"...he got changed over his change a block off Ashland

Stern needs to quit life? First, who says that, and second, D'antoni contributes far less to the human race. He actually makes life worse for people just by existing. Stern's gotta try to be that bad.

The Suns aren't even going to make it past the first round this year. They're weak and when their shots aren't going in they automatically lose because they can't do anything else. Ever since I saw Amare play on the USA squad I think the Suns are dumb for not trading KG for Amare. Amare does nothing for you besides score, he plays no D and defense is what wins you championship. I used to always want the Suns to beat the Lakers in the first round so I hope if they meet again Lakers will sweep them and beat them like they did a week ago.
No Chip But Philly Still Runs This $hip
City of Champions
Banned SN: limelightn5mics
Total Posts: 876

eeibaby:
I think the Suns are dumb for not trading KG for Amare.

cosign..although I don't know about them not making it past the first round
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
2001-2003
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."

Quote:
I think the Suns are dumb for not trading KG for Amare
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE

^24 year old on the rise or great player with limited productive years left? Hmm... Real hard decision... Suns have a good team no matter how much of a hater you want to be, this coming for a completely unbias source. The only team in the L I care about is listed in my Sig.
Team Portland Trail Blazers
503​
Oregon State Beavers
Portland StateVikings​

Quote:
Why would you trade a 24 year old first team all NBA player who hasn't reached his peak yet for a 31 year old player on the downside of his career?

:DALLAS MAVERICKS:
>TLN PRODUCTIONS<
"It's wrap for yall now"

Quote:
I would if said 25 year old had surgically repaired knees.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE

as much as i cant't stand d'antoni or the suns, this is bigger than just them.

stern is a hypocrite through and through.
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Quote:
He was coming off a season in which he didn't miss a game and put up the best numbers of his career
>TLN PRODUCTIONS<
"It's wrap for yall now"

^ Scoring isn't everything. He scored more in 04-05 but he had a better overall season last year.
He had more rebounds, a better shooting % and a better FT%.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE

Quote:
Scoring isn't everything. He scored more in 04-05 but he had a better overall season last year.
He had more rebounds, a better shooting % and a better FT%.
:rofl:
roll.gif

>TLN PRODUCTIONS<
"It's wrap for yall now"

Back
Top Bottom