TERRELLE PRYOR=GREATEST CFB OF ALL TIME?????????????

19,464
3,392
Joined Feb 22, 2007
I was watching College Football Live on ESPN and Shaun King said Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor can be the greatest college football quarterback of alltime.


Thats a pretty big statement. I know he's 6'6 and 235 pounds of pure muscle.
But there have been alot great QBs..Leinart,Frazier,Vick,Wuerffel,Young,Flutie,Baugh,Elway,Detmer,Staubach,Ward,Dorsey,Tebow etc

Pryor did good last year, they got to the Fiesta Bowl. But I didnt know he was that good. I knew he was the number one recruit and everything.

But when I looked up his stats,he had some great stats last year

12 TDS 4 INTs 60.6 completion pct 631 rushing yds and 6 TDS but he was sacked 21 times

Granted these are just stats I'm not going to pretend like I watched alot Ohio State football last year.

So my question is can he be the greatest quarterback of all time?

 
21,160
32
Joined Mar 13, 2004
I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely)he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all saidand done....
 
4,215
40
Joined Dec 18, 2001
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely) he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all said and done....

Why do you say that? What has he shown to say that he doesnt have that potential? Because when I watch him that is exactly who I see. He throws like him and heruns (albeit less elusively). And it doesnt take much to have a better mental make up then Vince. He is on a powerhouse team in a weak conference and the onlything holding him back is himself and Sweatervest. I am not saying he will be great or anything but I havent seen anything to say he isnt as talented as Vince.

Being in Tebow's universe is a whole nother monster though.
 
21,160
32
Joined Mar 13, 2004
Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely) he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all said and done....

Why do you say that? What has he shown to say that he doesnt have that potential? Because when I watch him that is exactly who I see. He throws like him and he runs (albeit less elusively). And it doesnt take much to have a better mental make up then Vince. He is on a powerhouse team in a weak conference and the only thing holding him back is himself and Sweatervest. I am not saying he will be great or anything but I havent seen anything to say he isnt as talented as Vince.

Being in Tebow's universe is a whole nother monster though.
Look, we all know that Pryor CAN be special, but he has a LONG way to go....Playing in that OSU offense, he isn't going to have a chance(unless something changes) to put up the passing/rushing numbers like VY when he was at Texas. Not to mention, VY went out on top...Also, talking aboutVince's "mental makeup" is a moot point in college, because all of his issues didn't surface until he got to the NFL. I'm not saying hedidn't have problems at UT, but if anything they were masked because he got away with pretty much anything he wanted....
 
25,140
481
Joined Sep 1, 2004
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely) he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all said and done....

if he puts it all togther he has the tools to be better then both Tebow and VY, hell he is already a better passer then Tebow

Playing in that OSU offense, he isn't going to have a chance (unless something changes) to put up the passing/rushing numbers like VY when he was at Texas
why not you see what Troy Smith did his hisman year?
 
6,376
432
Joined Nov 9, 2007
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely) he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all said and done....
Am I the only one who thinks Vince Youngs college career is highly overrated?

Back on topic: Pryor is a BEAST, but he'll never come close to Tebow.
 

tmukg21

Banned
4,019
10
Joined Apr 23, 2008
(not sure if he red shirted)

so this is his sophomore year i assume. SO likely after next year he'll go pro (depending on the QB class,other unforeseen factors)

in 2 years you really think thats enough to overcome all of people on the all time list because all he has now on his record is a good freshman year. He'dhave to go 26-0 and win 2 national titles and possibly 2 national player of the year awards and SMASH/destroy all sorts of records.

I mean his my dude, but I don't see all that happening
 
21,160
32
Joined Mar 13, 2004
Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely) he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all said and done....

if he puts it all togther he has the tools to be better then both Tebow and VY, hell he is already a better passer then Tebow

Playing in that OSU offense, he isn't going to have a chance (unless something changes) to put up the passing/rushing numbers like VY when he was at Texas
why not you see what Troy Smith did his hisman year?
Yeah...I saw those 200 yards rushing he had...obviously, Pryor is FAR more talented than Smith, but don't discredit what VY did at UT in notonly his final year, but his career....

Am I the only one who thinks Vince Youngs college career is highly overrated?


I'm not seeing that at all...why do you say that his career was HIGHLY overrated?
 
2,369
10
Joined Mar 5, 2008
Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely) he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all said and done....
Am I the only one who thinks Vince Youngs college career is highly overrated?

Back on topic: Pryor is a BEAST, but he'll never come close to Tebow.
why would you think it's overrated? He carried histeam to a championship over one of the greatest teams of all time, not to mention ridiculous rushing/passing stats and clutch win upon clutch win. What hehas/hasn't done in the NFL doesn't make his college career overrated at all. In fact it can be argued that he was still underrated since he didnt winthe heisman (although Bush deserved it too)
 

put em up

Banned
3,979
11
Joined Apr 21, 2009
Matt Leinart>


Dude was unreal at SC, I didn't believe he would turn into the player he is now but man he was real at USC. I mean the dude lost 2 games his whole time asa starter.
 
9,588
753
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Vonce Young was their offense. That team was highly dependant on him to make plays when they were in a hole. Nothing about him in college was overrated
 
4,215
40
Joined Dec 18, 2001
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely) he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all said and done....

Why do you say that? What has he shown to say that he doesnt have that potential? Because when I watch him that is exactly who I see. He throws like him and he runs (albeit less elusively). And it doesnt take much to have a better mental make up then Vince. He is on a powerhouse team in a weak conference and the only thing holding him back is himself and Sweatervest. I am not saying he will be great or anything but I havent seen anything to say he isnt as talented as Vince.

Being in Tebow's universe is a whole nother monster though.
Look, we all know that Pryor CAN be special, but he has a LONG way to go....Playing in that OSU offense, he isn't going to have a chance (unless something changes) to put up the passing/rushing numbers like VY when he was at Texas. Not to mention, VY went out on top...Also, talking about Vince's "mental makeup" is a moot point in college, because all of his issues didn't surface until he got to the NFL. I'm not saying he didn't have problems at UT, but if anything they were masked because he got away with pretty much anything he wanted....

Well I acknowledge Sweatervest could ruin his career and I agree 100% on that. And Vince's mental makeup didnt hurt him to much in college but itdefinetly could help TP2's if his is better (again, not saying much). I just think the stage is set. OSU is a going to be a factor on the national stagefor his whole career. he will be surrounded with either talent or well coached players and he is going to be hyped like non other all he has to do is step upand he can make a legacy for himself. I just see so much of VY in him from a talent perspective its kinda uncanny maybe his mental make up will allow him toactually develop as a passer who knows?


I still
at the way he was Mossing dudes when he lined up at WR
 
19,464
3,392
Joined Feb 22, 2007
Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely) he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all said and done....
Am I the only one who thinks Vince Youngs college career is highly overrated?
Not really.

1 National Championship
30-2 career record
2 top 5 ranking finsihes
2 Rose Bowl MVPs
1 Davey O' Brien Award

The greatest college football game performance by quarterback ever. He basically did it by himself too.

VY getting it crunk!

 

justwinbaby

Banned
212
13
Joined May 3, 2009
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely) he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all said and done....
Am I the only one who thinks Vince Youngs college career is highly overrated?
Not really.

1 National Championship
30-2 career record
2 top 5 ranking finsihes
2 Rose Bowl MVPs
1 Davey O' Brien Award

The greatest college football game performance by quarterback ever. He basically did it by himself too.

VY getting it crunk!


Michael huff that bum
 
4,215
40
Joined Dec 18, 2001
Originally Posted by Statis22

Vonce Young was their offense. That team was highly dependant on him to make plays when they were in a hole. Nothing about him in college was overrated

His passing numbers were
 
9,588
753
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by Statis22

Vonce Young was their offense. That team was highly dependant on him to make plays when they were in a hole. Nothing about him in college was overrated

His passing numbers were

Right on par with Tim Tebow's. Vince Young was great.
 
6,376
432
Joined Nov 9, 2007
Kal Ripped Ken wrote: [hr][/hr]
Durden7 wrote: [hr][/hr]
DoubleJs07 wrote: [hr][/hr] I'm sorry, but he can't hold a candle to Tim Tebow...let alone Vince Young, let alone Joe Germaine....maybe he'll be better than (most likely) he'll be better than the last two that I mentioned, but there are a SLEW of QB's who will be held in higher regard than Pryor when it's all said and done....

Am I the only one who thinks Vince Youngs college career is highly overrated?

Back on topic: Pryor is a BEAST, but he'll never come close to Tebow.

why would you think it's overrated? He carried his team to a championship over one of the greatest teams of all time, not to mention ridiculous rushing/passing stats and clutch win upon clutch win. What he has/hasn't done in the NFL doesn't make his college career overrated at all. In fact it can be argued that he was still underrated since he didnt win the heisman (although Bush deserved it too)




Maybe its just me, but I think people give him more credit for his career than he should get.


His performance against USC in the title game was outstanding, and it was one of the best CFB performances ive ever seen but other than that I just think hewas good..... nothing spectacular.

TO ME, he was only on the map for 1 year +1 game. I just think in order to be an all-time great CFB QB you have to have played for awhile. In my eyes, hedidnt but its just how I perceive it. Not saying im right, its just how I view it all.
 
940
10
Joined Nov 9, 2007
in columbus everyone especially the coaches are raving how much terrelle has improved the say he is making every throw that troy did when he won his heisman.

they are also opening up the whole playbook for him this year because if you watched the games they really didnt allow him to make to many mistakes cause hewas only a freshman

its too early to tell if he will become the greatest but i believe he has all the abilities to
 
940
10
Joined Nov 9, 2007
Originally Posted by JustWinBaby

He can/wont beat usc so no.
matt barkley on the other hand...
oh we gonna get yall this yr but its only may and im in laker mode so ill save this argument for september
 
532
10
Joined Nov 10, 2007
Pryor hasn't done much yet...We'll see what he can do this season and next. I don't think he can pass VY or Tim Teeeeeeeeeboooww though.
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now