Texas A&M Fans: Franchione to be bought out.

rockdeep

Banned
I know I am one of few here... BUT:

This just goes to show you R.C. Slocum should never have been fired.

How do you fire a man who put your program on the map and made you relevant.

Now our Typical rivals don't even consider us Rivals anymore.

Anyone other Aggies out here in NT land?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

No surprise...

Rock, I'm not sure the issue was as much firing RC Slocum as it was bringing in Coach Fran to replace him...

Either Gary Patterson or Tommy Tuberville will be the next coach in College Station.
TEAMCOWBOYS
Winning is the only option...

Why is tubervilles name throwing arounf when big schools jobs come open?? He is winning down there in Auburn and it seems like they pay him good

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Remember the whole thing where Tuberville's bosses went behind his back to interview Petrino?

I don't think they have the best of a relationship there...

Tuberville was D-Coordinator @ TAMU in the mid-90s, so he's got ties there.

Petrino taking the Auburn job is just wishful thinking on my part...

Why would Tubby go from Auburn to TAMU....Thats a step down....

No disrespect to TAMU fans, but Im talking in the College landscape that would seem like a step back to me......Maybe im wrong

Quote:
And with Saban taking over at Alabama, I think it's pretty obvious Auburn's recruiting base takes a substantial hit...

Yeah, but if he goes to TAMU he's gonna have to deal w/ Texas, OU, and TT

Quote:
Texas Tech is not competing with anyone for recruits in Texas...Texas A&M is on par in terms of pretty much EVERYTHING with either Oklahoma or Texas, except production on the field. A&M has history. They aren't extremely far removed from being a good program. They're upgrading facilities right now, and that fanbase wants a winner more than any in the country. A good coach down there will compete with Texas and Oklahoma year in and year out. Texas A&M is not a bad job by any stretch. Same with Nebraska if they hire the right guy.
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball , Patrick Robinson​

Quote:
Why is tubervilles name throwing arounf when big schools jobs come open?? He is winning down there in Auburn and it seems like they pay him good
Like DLo said, I think it's pretty well documented that Tuberville and Auburn's athletic department don't have a great relationship...He's got Texas A&M ties, so obviously his name will come up for that job...

And with Saban taking over at Alabama, I think it's pretty obvious Auburn's recruiting base takes a substantial hit...
Quote:
TEAMCOWBOYS

Quote:
Texas Tech is not competing with anyone for recruits in Texas...Texas A&M is on par in terms of pretty much EVERYTHING with either Oklahoma or Texas, except production on the field. A&M has history. They aren't extremely far removed from being a good program. They're upgrading facilities right now, and that fanbase wants a winner more than any in the country. A good coach down there will compete with Texas and Oklahoma year in and year out. Texas A&M is not a bad job by any stretch
ed having was recruiting guys AND their siblings who weren't as good as them.

Funny I say that, cause my brother was recruited there before me, but he never played (Broken leg senior year). I was better than him anyway!! lol
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Quote:
As for R.C. being Fired. He could have stayed and been better than Fran.
TEAMCOWBOYS

A&M is smart if there are going to buy him out now, because there going to be a couple of good jobs open up at the end of the season so they should get the jump on looking

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

i was gonna make this thread yesterday, but i knew that nobody really cared about a&m.

Quote:
:lol:
laugh.gif
compete with tech? nah, not at all. of techs 13 commitments for next season, there were only 5 total offers from oklahoma at a&m. texas didnt even go after any of techs recruits, a&m only had interest in one, and oklahoma had interest in 4. tech doesnt compete really at all with texas, texas a&m, or oklahoma for recruits. mike leach just gets a decent recruiting class each year, and makes em produce.
that statement would be pretty valid though if you leave tech out of it. take a look at all of the players in texas's and oklahoma's recruiting classes, i guarantee a&m is on at least 75% of the player's lists.

Quote:

tuberville is going to have to continuously prove himself at auburn, especially with the arrival of nick saban in alabama. his relationship is damn near non-existent with the board of trustees. from what ive heard, hes still held in high regard by the board of trustees here at a&m (hes also still really good friends with slocum, who carries a ton of weight with the high ranking boosters), so i think the relationship problems hes having at auburn would disappear.
as for the money aspect, were paying fran 2,000,000 a year. tuberville is getting paid 2,200,000 at auburn. so its not like hes getting paid more than a&m has to offer. i think whats gonna be huge is if we can get out of having to pay fran his huge buyout (depending on if the newsletter breaches his contract). that would save us around 6 million, which is about what tuberville's buyout is at auburn.

Quote:
No disrespect to TAMU fans, but Im talking in the College landscape that would seem like a step back to me......Maybe im wrong
TEAM HALOS​

All the texas boy's coming out.... :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball , Patrick Robinson​

Quote:
:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

son you ever been to college station? auburn is @#%$ compared to A&M. what the heck? this is like the most collegiy town in the world. no other college town compares and auburn sucks completely.

IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL LANDSCAPE Aubrun is better then A&M

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

Oh how I loathe aTm (Longhorn here) but Texas and more importantly the Big 12 needs A&M to score a solid coach. It really helps to solidify the conference in terms of strength and prestige because outside of this year it has been a 2 horse league (Owho and UT). It also helps to better the UT aTm rivalry because as much as I enjoy pwning aTm I would much rather see more tightly contested battles in the lonestar showdown.

P.S. Rock I had much respect for you on the boards but to find out your an Aggie ruins all of that......hahaha just playing.

irishvic:
you go to ut? i might be needing someone to get me a ticket to the football game next year in austin. and maybe for the bball game there this season :smile:
smile.gif
Quote:
It also helps to better the UT aTm rivalry because as much as I enjoy pwning aTm I would much rather see more tightly contested battles in the lonestar showdown.

defending champions :pimp:
pimp.gif
yea, yea, i know yall own us all time (were 35-73-5 against yall all-time), but let me enjoy this relatively rare occurance :lol:
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

and :smh:
smh.gif
TEAM HALOS​

I have nothing to say.....I honestly don't care anymore... :\
ohwell.gif

But for the others, research about CS, it's definately not a horrible program...

Straight foolishness to think otherwise..... :smh:
smh.gif

On a side note, Rock, leave Kenzo & the crew & bring your @#%$ back on the field..Your better than half of the players anyway.. :lol:
laugh.gif

..:team TEXAS:..
.:210:.

Quote:
P.S. Rock I had much respect for you on the boards but to find out your an Aggie ruins all of that......hahaha just playing.
:rofl:
roll.gif

Quote:
On a side note, Rock, leave Kenzo & the crew & bring your back on the field..Your better than half of the players anyway

Quote:
Getting to Product Test New Is Nice....
:frown:
frown.gif
embarassed.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES

Quote:
Any word on if this is affecting any of aTm's current recruits?
ing to get some more phone calls, and that hes starting to listen to em...hes a 4 star de, and in my opinion, one of the recruits that we cant afford to lose.
i just hope whatever we do, we can get somebody that can recruit better against texas and ou. weve been losing that battle for far too long now.
TEAM HALOS​
HoustonRockets
MCGRADY - YAO​

Back
Top Bottom