Texas Dept. of Justice has a record of the last words of every inmate they've ever executed

Date of Execution:

May 28, 2002

Offender:

Napoleon Beazley #999141

Last Statement:

The act I committed to put me here was not just heinous, it was senseless. But the person that committed that act is no longer here - I am. I'm not going to struggle physically against any restraints. I'm not going to shout, use profanity or make idle threats. Understand though that I'm not only upset, but I'm saddened by what is happening here tonight. I'm not only saddened, but disappointed that a system that is supposed to protect and uphold what is just and right can be so much like me when I made the same shameful mistake. If someone tried to dispose of everyone here for participating in this killing, I'd scream a resounding, "No." I'd tell them to give them all the gift that they would not give me...and that's to give them all a second chance. I'm sorry that I am here. I'm sorry that you're all here. I'm sorry that John Luttig died. And I'm sorry that it was something in me that caused all of this to happen to begin with. Tonight we tell the world that there are no second chances in the eyes of justice...Tonight, we tell our children that in some instances, in some cases, killing is right. This conflict hurts us all, there are no SIDES. The people who support this proceeding think this is justice. The people that think that I should live think that is justice. As difficult as it may seem, this is a clash of ideals, with both parties committed to what they feel is right. But who's wrong if in the end we're all victims? In my heart, I have to believe that there is a peaceful compromise to our ideals. I don't mind if there are none for me, as long as there are for those who are yet to come. There are a lot of men like me on death row - good men - who fell to the same misguided emotions, but may not have recovered as I have. Give those men a chance to do what's right. Give them a chance to undo their wrongs. A lot of them want to fix the mess they started, but don't know how. The problem is not in that people aren't willing to help them find out, but in the system telling them it won't matter anyway. No one wins tonight. No one gets closure. No one walks away victorious.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Spoiler [+]
[h2]
[h2]Last Statement[/h2]
Date of Execution:

January 26, 2012

Offender:

Rodrigo Hernandez, #999474

Last Statement:

Yes, I want to tell everybody that I love everybody. Keep your heads up. We are all family, people of God Almighty. We're all good. I'm ready.

Are they already doing it? I'm gonna go to sleep. See you later. This stuff stings, man almighty.
[/h2]
also... the amount of HISPANICS...

{
30t6p3b.gif

well it IS texas

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Why do they have to include the race and gender of the victim? Probably just a coincidence that a majority of the death row inmates were black and hispanic.
eyes.gif

actually..
[table][tr][td]black[/td] [td]174[/td] [/tr][tr][td]white[/td] [td]221[/td] [/tr][tr][td]hispanic[/td] [td]85[/td] [/tr][tr][td]other[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][/table]
Funny, I did the same thing when I read the first post. However, I put it up against race ratios in Tx (just used what was on wiki).
On this chart, Blacks are 35% of the death row'd population, Whites are 45%. 

Guess what the ratios are of the actual population in Tx (higher? lower?) There's definitely a disparity there - but up to each of you what it means.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Why do they have to include the race and gender of the victim? Probably just a coincidence that a majority of the death row inmates were black and hispanic.
eyes.gif

actually..
[table][tr][td]black[/td] [td]174[/td] [/tr][tr][td]white[/td] [td]221[/td] [/tr][tr][td]hispanic[/td] [td]85[/td] [/tr][tr][td]other[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][/table]
Funny, I did the same thing when I read the first post. However, I put it up against race ratios in Tx (just used what was on wiki).
On this chart, Blacks are 35% of the death row'd population, Whites are 45%. 

Guess what the ratios are of the actual population in Tx (higher? lower?) There's definitely a disparity there - but up to each of you what it means.

It's crazy how we live in this world of Negative and Positive energy chaotic world; at the end of our life time in this material world or physical reality we all are just positive beings. The negativeness in our daily life are just merely a everyday reminder that we all positive spirits having a physical experience.

Crazy stuff.. will read more later.. interesting and disturbing all at once

Last Statement:

You're not about to witness an execution, you are about to witness a murder. I am strapped down for something Marcus Rhodes did. I never killed anybody, ever. I love you, Mom. I love you, Tali. This is wrong. This whole thing is wrong. I can't believe you are going to let Marcus Rhodes walk around free. Justice has let me down. Somebody completely screwed this up. I love you too, Mom. Well Warden, if you are going to murder someone, go ahead and do it. Pull the trigger. It's coming. I can feel it coming. Goodbye.

eek.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

SOme of these crimes I can't wrap my head around, nothing they say would make me even feel the slightest bit of sympathy, but I don't think the death penalty should be in place anywhere, they should be in prison for life w/o parole. I don't see how people can be for capital punishment, its a lot more costly, and its absolute..no possibility of coming back or being redeemed if you are innocent. Even if they have 5,000 executions and 1 person was actually innocent of the crime, that in itself is enough for me to say that capital punishment is wrong.

There should be some place that has a long list of this in American history. Usually when they ask for your last words they record it (write it down).

This should have what they did above their last words.

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

SOme of these crimes I can't wrap my head around, nothing they say would make me even feel the slightest bit of sympathy, but I don't think the death penalty should be in place anywhere, they should be in prison for life w/o parole. I don't see how people can be for capital punishment, its a lot more costly, and its absolute..no possibility of coming back or being redeemed if you are innocent. Even if they have 5,000 executions and 1 person was actually innocent of the crime, that in itself is enough for me to say that capital punishment is wrong.

Raping and killing kids deserves death no questions asked.  The victims families will agree.  If one of these low lives did anything to my family that resulted in their death, I would love to be the one "pulling the trigger"    

Originally Posted by damn its me

#461 Michael Perry.... I think there was a dateline special on him..

There was also a documentary named Into the Abyss that was about him.

It was really good, but it put me in a weird mood for a few days.

Regarding the innocent inmates getting the death penalty...they might be innocent of the crime they are convicted of, but they aren't innocent in the big picture. Whether this lifetime or a previous one

You will get exactly what you deserve. God doesn't make any mistakes. That's why I don't feel bad for any of these victims of the death penalty. You were taught that "what goes around comes around" all your life

Hopefully they will do better next life

WHY, WHY!!! do they have to include the race and gender of each victim on the public record. I have never seen that before. It's like if to say this 21 year old with no prior record killed a white man and assaulted two precious lilly skinned white women. thank god we can kill his %!@...

i say this because texas is a state where 400 people have been sent to jail... off of FORCED FALSE CONFESSIONS. 400 PEOPLE (THAT WE KNOW OF) JUST TALKED INTO SAYING "I DID IT" LET ALONE WRONGLY CONVICTED.

Originally Posted by glasses

Regarding the innocent inmates getting the death penalty...they might be innocent of the crime they are convicted of, but they aren't innocent in the big picture. Whether this lifetime or a previous one

You will get exactly what you deserve. God doesn't make any mistakes. That's why I don't feel bad for any of these victims of the death penalty. You were taught that "what goes around comes around" all your life

tumblr_lttgmucXLC1qzr7woo1_400.gif

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by damn its me

#461 Michael Perry.... I think there was a dateline special on him..

There was also a documentary named Into the Abyss that was about him.

It was really good, but it put me in a weird mood for a few days.

smokin.gif
thanks, that was what i was thinking of...i watch too many docs to keep up
btw best doc ever...(unrelated) dear zachary

Then the murder/rape they are in jail for was part of God's plan too. So they should be free.

roll.gif

roll.gif

[h2][h1]Offender Information[/h1][/h2][table][tr][td]
adamsbeunka2.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][h2]
[/h2][h2]Last Statement[/h2]
Date of Execution:

April 26, 2012

Offender:

Beunka Adams, #999486

Last Statement:

First, I want to let my mom know not to cry, there is no reason to cry, everybody dies. Everybody has their time, don't worry about me. I'm strong. To my family: my old man, my kids, daddy is sorry. I love each and every one of you. I'll be looking for you. To my wife, I love you. The last two years have been the best. All my kids, mom, nieces, and nephews, I am proud of all of ya'll. I love each and every one of ya'll. I really love ya'll.

To the victims, I'm very sorry for everything that happened. I am not the malicious person that you think I am. I was real stupid back then. I made a great many mistakes. What happened was wrong. I was a kid in a grown man's world. I messed up, and I can't take it back. I wasn't old enough to understand. Please don't carry around that hurt in your heart. You have got to find a way to get rid of the hate. Trust me, killing me is not going to give you closure. I hope you find closure. Don't let that hate eat you up, find a way to get past it.

Linda, I love you, I appreciate you. I hate the way things turned out. Ms. Sheri, thank you. To the victims again, I hate the way all of this happened to ya'll. I don't think any good will come of this. I am going to see ya'll again. I love ya'll, be strong for me. Keep your heads up. I came into the world strong. I'll leave the world strong. Warden, go ahead. I am sorry for the victim's family. Murder isn't right, killing of any kind isn't right. Got to find another way.

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Then the murder/rape they are in jail for was part of God's plan too. So they should be free.

Awaiting response...

eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My goodness. I can't believe people think like this.

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Nah. The murder/rape is still bad, so they will get punished for it. But...the victim of the murder/rape has it's own specific reasons for it happening to that person too. Whether karma or for learning purposes or something else that I don't know of.  ( think BIG PICTURE, not just this lifetime. In another lifetime they may have been a murderer)

laugh it up. There's a reason why the majority of these people minutes away from dying were all at peace and referencing God.

Back
Top Bottom