Texas Governor Rick Perry Decides to Run for President: Vol 2.

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas Gov. Rick Perry is running for president. That's the word from Perry spokesman Mark Miner. Miner is telling The Associated Press that Perry will announce his intentions to run for the GOP nomination on Saturday as he visits early primary states of South Carolina and New Hampshire.

Perry's candidacy is likely to shake the GOP field.

His announcement that he is joining the field would come two days after a debate in Iowa and on the same day as his rivals participate in a test vote in the leadoff caucus state.

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/11/rick-perry-for-president-_n_924811.html]http://www.huffingtonpost...president-_n_924811.html[/url]

Aggies!!!

His report Card from Texas A&M, the school I graduated from!! Whoop!
2-e432155d61.jpg

Meh what do grades really mean anyway when it comes to someone's sensibility and common sense.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Meh what do grades really mean anyway when it comes to someone's sensibility and common sense.

I'm sure grades have nothing to do with becoming successful in life. Grades are the difference between wall street and main street. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise... because frankly, common sense doesn't pay the bills. 

I hate republicans with a passion, but no matter who wins the GOP nomination, I don't see Obama losing reelection.

Originally Posted by jm2000

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Didn't he want Texas to secede from the U.S. a few years ago?

Wait, wut?

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry fired up an anti-tax "tea party" Wednesday with his stance against the federal government and for states' rights as some in his U.S. flag-waving audience shouted, "Secede!"

An animated Perry told the crowd at Austin City Hall -- one of three tea parties he was attending across the state -- that officials in Washington have abandoned the country's founding principles of limited government. He said the federal government is strangling Americans with taxation, spending and debt.

Perry repeated his running theme that Texas' economy is in relatively good shape compared with other states and with the "federal budget mess." Many in the crowd held signs deriding President Barack Obama and the $786 billion federal economic stimulus package.

Perry called his supporters patriots. Later, answering news reporters' questions, Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union, though he said he sees no reason why Texas should do that.

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/15/gov-rick-perry-texas-coul_n_187490.html

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I'm sure grades have nothing to do with becoming successful in life. Grades are the difference between wall street and main street. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise... because frankly, common sense doesn't pay the bills. 

You don't get it. Never mind.

He also wants to undo all of the social programs and government services created in the last 65 years.... Seems like a real Patriotic guy
ohwell.gif

Note the dates of those semesters, the early 1970's, before the era of massive grade inflation. Also, we have tried being governed by a President with straight "A" and our country and economy have been taking straight "L's" for a while now. Maybe it time for an alteration, an alternative, it is time for, I don't know, it is time for a change. I recall hearing that from someone a few million time in the last Presidential election.

It gets worse.....This dude is scary

illustration by Mario Zucca

Listen to Forrest Wilder speak with KUT's Jennifer Stayton about this story.

On September 28, 2009, at 1:40 p.m., God’s messengers visited Rick Perry.

On this day, the Lord’s messengers arrived in the form of two Texas pastors, Tom Schlueter of Arlington and Bob Long of San Marcos, who called on Perry in the governor’s office inside the state Capitol. Schlueter and Long both oversee small congregations, but they are more than just pastors. They consider themselves modern-day apostles and prophets, blessed with the same gifts as Old Testament prophets or New Testament apostles.

The pastors told Perry of God’s grand plan for Texas. A chain of powerful prophecies had proclaimed that Texas was “The Prophet State,

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

Note the dates of those semesters, the early 1970's, before the era of massive grade inflation. Also, we have tried being governed by a President with straight "A" and our country and economy have been taking straight "L's" for a while now. Maybe it time for an alteration, an alternative, it is time for, I don't know, it is time for a change. I recall hearing that from someone a few million time in the last Presidential election.
Texas A&M doesn't inflate grades, trust me. 
We already tried the common sense approach with Bush and we're still paying for his commonsense approach to the horrid of Reaganomics approach. 

Originally Posted by jm2000

Wait, wut?

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry fired up an anti-tax "tea party" Wednesday with his stance against the federal government and for states' rights as some in his U.S. flag-waving audience shouted, "Secede!"

An animated Perry told the crowd at Austin City Hall -- one of three tea parties he was attending across the state -- that officials in Washington have abandoned the country's founding principles of limited government. He said the federal government is strangling Americans with taxation, spending and debt.

Perry repeated his running theme that Texas' economy is in relatively good shape compared with other states and with the "federal budget mess." Many in the crowd held signs deriding President Barack Obama and the $786 billion federal economic stimulus package.

Perry called his supporters patriots. Later, answering news reporters' questions, Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union, though he said he sees no reason why Texas should do that.

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/15/gov-rick-perry-texas-coul_n_187490.html
Dude is wildin
laugh.gif
Thanks for the info man

We already tried the common sense approach with Bush and we're still paying for his commonsense approach to the horrid of Reaganomics approach. 

Clinton was a Rhode Scholar and we were running in a surplus under him, job market was booming etc. always understanding that the modern Presidency will always have it's faults.....

The "L's" we're taking didn't come from the guy with the straight A's... funny how people forget when the economic downturn started and by the time the straight A's guy got there the disaster was well in progress..

You can't blame the back up QB for losing when the starter had you down 5 touchdowns before he was pulled...

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

The "L's" we're taking didn't come from the guy with the straight A's... funny how people forget when the economic downturn started and by the time the straight A's guy got there the disaster was well in progress..

You can't blame the back up QB for losing when the starter had you down 5 touchdowns before he was pulled...
Exactly, when you don;t have the wars or medicare on the budget, what the hell does one expect when they're added to the budget? That's commonsense for you.

Liberals/Progressives should LOVE Rick Perry.

1. Forced HPV (birth control) vaccinations for teenage girls
2. Increases government spending in Texas
3. Raised Taxes
4. Was Al Gore's campaign chairman in 1988

Conservatives will love him because he hates Muslims, a theocratic nutjob, and wants to go to war with everyone.

Originally Posted by rashi

The HPV vaccine has nothing to do with birth control. HPV is a virus that can cause cervical cancer, which is becoming very common and it's very deadly. He got plenty of heat for that legislation, but I definitely thought it was a great, bold move in a conservative state.

George W. Bush, never had common sense or wisdom, he was weaned on the same North Eastern, Keynsesian, top-down, central-planning economic philsophies as President Obama. George Bush's has stimulus program in early 2008, later that year he started TARP and the Detroit Bailouts and created a very large addition to medicare earlier in his presidency. President Bush only seems like a small government advocate when compared to Barack Obama who wants to do what Bush did on a larger scale.

I fail to see what was so horrid about the Economic Policies put forth by Ronald Reagan. He also started his Presidency in the midst of a very bad recession (an inflationary one at that) and by 1983-84 our country had seven percent GDP growth and unemployment and inflation were rapidly being neutralized. After a while the rhetoric should yield to the results. President Obama can speak eloquently but all of his policies are anathema to economic growth and job creation.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by rashi

The HPV vaccine has nothing to do with birth control. HPV is a virus that can cause cervical cancer, which is becoming very common and it's very deadly. He got plenty of heat for that legislation, but I definitely thought it was a great, bold move in a conservative state.

I know what HPV is. HPV and Birth Control are in the same category.

What you are advocating is a compulsory vaccination issued by the State. Hey, this man would be proud...

adolf-hitler.jpg

Disgusting. How you can actually approve of a government forcing children to get a shot. What the hell is wrong with you, bro? These kids don't have parents?

Typical Conservative. Laud the Constitution and "small government", but then turn right around and increase the government where they see fit.

Back
Top Bottom