Texas man faces possible LIFE sentence for selling hash brownies vol. Florida'n

That's like someone saying
"I have this 8 ball of coke, and I really need money, I should sell it, just this one time so I can pay my rent"

knowing that ***** illegal..

Son can't get arrested then be like "but but but I only did it one time, and I needed money"

**** that ****, He knew what He was doing

(Yea yea dbl post, sorry)

Last edited:
nationality of the kid? :nerd:
jacoblavoro.jpg

Looks like a white to me

It's more like being charged with reckless driving for going 2 miles over the speed limit.

The law is whatever the government deems illegal for the time being

So if one day the internet is illegal, y'all are cool with 100 years for logging on to NT?

"I have this 8 ball of coke, and I really need money, I should sell it, just this one time so I can pay my rent"

Son can't get arrested then be like "but but but I only did it one time, and I needed money"

Of course he knew what he was doing, and of course he knew weed wasn't legal. :lol:

That isn't the issue here. This man is facing LIFE in prison for weed brownies. That doesn't seem a little extreme to you?

Of course he knew what he was doing, and of course he knew weed wasn't legal.
laugh.gif

That isn't the issue here. This man is facing LIFE in prison for weed brownies. That doesn't seem a little extreme to you?
BINGO..

But yet this dude with 7 DUIs get away with prison and serves only a YEAR OF WORK RELEASE. 

Who would you rather be put behind bars, Guy Selling weed brownies with hash oil or dude with 7 DUIs?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...ce-triggers-protest-in-Olympia-259543311.html

Reading into this more, the law is mad ridiculous. So even though the hash oil made up a small part of the 1.5 lbs brownie recipe, they can use the total weight of the final product as the total amount of illegal narcotics used? Absurd.

And if he would've used actual weed, this would be a misdemeanor case.

I don't expect the guy to get life, but the fact that foolishness like this little stipulation exists in modern society is crazy to me.

Oh yea, life in jail is ridiculous for that offense
But at the same time, 'Murica gon 'Murica, so I'm not even surprised

I think we're all in agreement that the punishment is absolutely ridiculous. I'm positive the charges get severely reduced.

I'll never understand how this country wants you to spend more time in jail for selling pot than molesting children

but we shouldn't say anything people should just shut up and not break the law right :rolleyes

in this state, i can drink myself within two sips of a coma, jump in the ride, then mow down pedestrians like i'm accumulating RPs and still get less time then this dude is looking at. :smh::smh::smh:

it's time to move....again.

relax....you know damn well he isnt gonna do life for this
laugh.gif
Never know. But you're missing the point. Don't you think someone would have looked that law somewhere along the line and been like "whoa whoa whoa...?" 

Some laws simply aren't just, cough stand your ground cough.

Here's the 19 year old in question
Police searched Lavoro’s apartment, where they allegedly found 660 grams — or 1.45 pounds — of baked goods (six bags of cookies, nine bags of brownies) along with 16 ounces of marijuana and $1,675 in cash.  “I’ve been doing this 22 years as a lawyer and I’ve got 10 years as a police officer and I’ve never seen anything like this before,” Jack Holmes, Lavoro’s attorney, told KHON-TV. “They’ve weighed baked goods in this case. It ought to be a misdemeanor.” Hash oil, classified as a “Penalty 2″ controlled substance under Texas law, contains a higher concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.

The teen’s father, Joe Lavoro, called the possibility of his son spending life behind bars for a hash brownie recipe “outrageous.” “Five years to life? I’m sorry, I’m a law abiding citizen. I’m a conservative. I love my country. I’m a Vietnam veteran, but I’ll be damned,” Lavoro said. “This is illogical. I’m really upset, and I’m frightened, I’m frightened for my son.” Lavoro was arrested on April 15 and charged with possession of marijuana, possession of the illegal hash oil and sale of the hash-infused cookies and brownies. He was held in Williamson County Jail and released on May 7 on a $30,000 bond. His next court appearance is scheduled for June 19. “It’s crazy,” Lavoro told KEYE. “I don’t understand it.” Neither do pot advocates, who say the possible punishment doesn’t fit the crime. “That’s higher than the punishment range for sexual assault, higher than the punishment range for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon,” Jamie Spencer, legal counsel for NORML’s Texas chapter, told KUTV. “It’s kind of crazy.” “This case is the perfect example of the insanity of Texas’ drug laws,” Spencer added. “Especially when it comes to marijuana or anything where the active ingredient is THC.”

Back
Top Bottom