Thank you for helping NikeTalk donate over $2,500 to UNICEF!

Quote:
My mistake was caring about what you said to begin with. No one else seems to. The next several charities have already been chosen. You have zero input and zero influence, but feel free to wave your arms, holler at the top of your lungs, and remonstrate as if someone gives a damn all the same.

You appeal to the lowest form of argument "well I have the club so there'd no more need for discussion. I have some power so I'm right."

Oh course, you make the decsion but just because YOU make them does guarantee that they'd be the correct ones or that the choosen organization has no noticable flaws.

Bottom line: Someone on this board did not take you and your UNICEF provided completely at face value and you could not handle it. You did not take my article either but I can handle people having the "gall" to disagree. I didn't burst a blood vessel, I didn't try to belittle you and it is clear that I, as usual, as the better man.

BTW:

What the hell do you mean about the internet connection and vocal cord analogy?

Are you slyly tying to paint me as a coward who only can disagree and argue behind the protection of a computer screen? If that is the case it sounds more like a comment made out of insecurity rather than on grounded on even morsel of fact.

If that was your parting shot, it missed by at least 50 fathoms.

AIM Roy Anglais

After all this bickering and fighting can we just agree on one thing people.

Just one tiny thing.

We're not gonna protest

We're not gonna protest?

thats right

come on say it

[font size=2]WE'RE NOT GONNA PROTEST[/font]

[font size=4]WE'RE NOT GONNA PROTEST[/font]

[font size=7]WE'RE NOT GONNA PROTEST!!!!!!!!!![/font]

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about I didnt say anything about what the Rex guy is talking about regrading UNICEF

lordy lordy lordy :smh:
nono.gif

Your reading comprehension is atrocious

Quote:
FYI - Just because u dont believe the facts doesnt make them untrue

Like you would know anything about "Facts"

Go read a book and get some

Im deading this. tired of having to deal with someone in the lower percentile of the nations Reading Comp skills and cant decipher simple sentences :smh:
nono.gif

SKEET SKEET SKEET[/center]

Quote:
I didn't burst a blood vessel, I didn't try to belittle you and it is clear that I, as usual, as the better man.
I'm glad you have such a lofty opinion of yourself - but this post is riddled with evidence to the contrary. You've attempted to insult me on dozens of occasions throughout this thread. It's cute that you seem to hold me up as your standard of measure, though.

Do you really think it's my goal even in something as irrelevant as this post to be merely "better" than you? I'd find more challenge in dunking on a playskool rim. I'd prefer to reach up to my goals than to merely look down on them.

I consider this donation a tremendous step forward for NikeTalk and I'm proud to have played a part in shaping and realizing this vision. This donation was, in my mind, a pivotal moment in the community's development. You can hang on as tight as you can, but you won't hold us back.

I'm glad that the overwhelming majority of this community approves of our direction. If you feel you need to play the iconoclast to get noticed or parrot someone else's arguments to validate your inflated sense of intelligence, do what you have to do. We'll keep doing what we have to do - and that is to use the resources of this community to effect positive change.

I'm working to make this community the best it can be, and I'm always striving to grow as a person. If I limited myself to your standards, then I'd probably have turned out a lot like you. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

Quote:
Oh course, you make the decsion but just because YOU make them does guarantee that they'd be the correct ones or that the choosen organization has no noticable flaws.

You didn't notice any flaws. You only noticed an opportunity to belittle us and/or show off. A 9 year old article cited these purported "flaws." Without citing your source, you presented that article's claims at full face value, then skewed your interpretation even further to make our donation look as worthless as possible.

Every day we deal with children attempting to find fault with our work here. "There's double standards." "The search feature sucks." "I hate the new buy/sell forums." "JRose was mean to me." Of all the issues that one could use to try and disparage our work here, you are apparently the only person low enough to try and impugn the act of donating the sum total of our financial compensation for running NikeTalk to charity. I expected something like this to happen when we got around to donating to minority scholarship funds, women's shelters, or what have you - but for someone to slander freaking UNICEF to get at us.... that was really sad. UNICEF may not be perfect, but you were one search result away from having nothing bad to say about them. If we donated to the build the dream project or the SCLC, would you go dig up all the white supremacist crap on Google to assassinate Dr. King's character? Wouldn't it be a touch petty to say, "He cheated on his wife!!" at a moment like that?

The whole point wasn't THAT you had a problem with the charity - but that you went well out of your way to CREATE a problem with our chosen charity in such a disgusting and reprehensible manner. Where I made my mistake was by assuming that I needed to expose that attempt for what it was, less it have the effect of engendering cynicism or malaise among some of our members and subsequently reduce the efficacy of future donations. I should've realized from the jump that other people would correctly recognize your post for what it was: a sad, pitiful little attempt to appropriate an article from Google in order to come off as intelligent and undermine the community's efforts. I realize now that absolutely no one else would've cared about your post. I've now given you fifty times the attention you pleaded for and STILL nobody gives a damn. We're building something special here and I should have faith enough in the integrity of our work to realize that defending our efforts against your attacks would be like tackling a child for attempting to demolish an apartment building with a plastic spoon.

Quote:
What the hell do you mean about the internet connection and vocal cord analogy?
Oh, Google couldn't help you on that one, huh? Why don't you Ask Jeeves?

Ok, I'll make it crystal clear: isolated from external resources, you'd be Teddy Ruxpin without a tape.

Hmm, I said
Quote:
Point out an example and I'll give u proof... I dont talk about things I dont know about.

and to this you respond
Quote:
says the girl who cant do the same for Rex yet comes poppin off at the mouth with allegations and accusations of stuff that isnt true.

my response is then...
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about I didnt say anything about what the Rex guy is talking about regrading UNICEF
Quote:
If u feel that way then make a seperate post about it.. the fact that u placed in this thread which is only about informing the memebers and congratulating each other about helping the community. U come off as arrogant and holier than thou in ur postings. Its quite embarrasing

Which is in no way a response about UNICEF its a response on the person who is talking about UNICEF.. I dont care if he wants to go find info about UNICEF by all means... I was suggesting making a seperate thread because in this one its seems an attack on the organization when the thread was simply about the donation, not the ethical or political qualifications of the organization.

If u failed to realize that then perhaps you should step up your "reading comprehension" because they are "atrocious" :D
happy.gif

Quote:
Like you would know anything about "Facts"

Yeah I just pull this stuff out of thin air :rolleyes
eyes.gif
I always provide evidence of my claims when needed. Why? Because kids here who have no knowledge of the subject wouldnt believe it w/o it, and I m happy to do so. Yep I also know my audience. "All these years of schoolin done me good".
[/center]

I just dont understand why people want to point out the negatives in a charitable organization instead of the positives. There are negatives in any charitable group, its not perfect.

Method Man.. keep up the good work bro. Dont listen to the hater(s).. cause a majority of us including myself do appreciate the effort that you're doing.

As proud as I am to be affiliated with a website that raised $2,500 and just freely gave it away to charity, I'm equally appalled and embarassed to find that even a charitable contribution is worth complaining about to some people.

Critics: how much have you donated? To any charity.

Also ... name one perfect charity, so that we may consider this ever-so-perfectly-operated entity for future donations.

I'll give you a hint on that second question: whatever 'perfect charitable organization' you even THINK about using as a reply, you are wrong. The organization has it's flaws. As long as there are people running it, then there will also be slefish people running it.

This ... this right here ... this has nothing but goodness written all over it. Props to NT for being patient and understanding in the Google Ads addition, and major props to Meth for doing what was done with the funds raised.
This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jellooo's jigglin! (Chick Hearn page from nba.com)I grew up going mainly to ANGELS and LAKERSgames, but I will ALWAYS cheer for my wife's home team (UK WILDCATS) and ALL the rest of MY home teams (SPARKS, XTREME, CLIPPERS, PADRES, DUCKS, TROJANS, CHARGERS, AVENGERS, DODGERS, BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, GALAXY).​

its not niketalk if there isnt bickering about a good deed.... i didn't know the money was going to charity, but now that i do I've been clicking as much as possible.
speak softly and carry a big stick -Roosevelt
spiceof life​

Quote:
'll give you a hint on that second question: whatever 'perfect charitable organization' you even THINK about using as a reply, you are wrong. The organization has it's flaws. As long as there are people running it, then there will also be slefish people running it.

The perfect quote. No one can claim any charitable organization is flawless - all people have greed, nobodys perfect. To those complaining about UNICEF, can I ask why? Are you going to fly over to X location and distribute the money yourself, to see every penny is donated equally? Then why complain?

Unicef is one of the most reputable charity organizations. Be happy that Niketalk chose to donate it, and stop complaining.

Its not even this serious. This is for charity,CHARITY. When was giving back to the less fortunate a bad thing?

Members should see this as a great thing. This just shows that even though we are a 50K+ sneakerhead community, we still care for the world community as well. We will be seen more then just shoeheads now because of this.

Other sites wether shoe related or not should take notes.
[/b]

Hey, there is a group on Facebook that is donating a dollar to Darfur relief orgs for every thousand members on Jan 1, 2007. They are hoping to get publicity for their donation and raise awareness for the genocide in Sudan... I think it would be cool if we could coordinate our monthly donation to coincide with that date to that organization... I'm sure it would add more publicity to the cause not to mention our own financial contribution to an excellent cause. MethodMan get at me!

e? So they can throw me in them shackles like Kinte[/center]

I thought it was about NT giving money to charity not battle of the long paragraphs.
[/center]
There's always next season David.​

We plan to donate to a different charity each month. Over the years, we'll probably support the same charities multiple times but the plan is to vary the beneficiary from month to month. Our members are a diverse group of people, so it only follows that NikeTalk should support a wide variety of charities.

If you'd like to help us raise more money, it's as easy as clicking on our ads. Just viewing the ads is worth something, but sponsors pay far more for clicks than views.

Everything we earn from our ads above and beyond the cost of operating the site will be donated to charity. Of course, we'll always include contact information for the charities we choose - so you can support them directly with donations of your own if you're so inclined.

Once again, Great work Meth & the entire NT staff,

If we still plan on taking suggestions for charities I have a couple, please take time to consider it Meth, Thanks

children's Aid society

American cancer Society

The Real Talk Of New York is on it Again
I Come Wit Da 9 & Be Gone Wit a 10
JayGunnA Status: Banned
BossTalk status: Unfairly Banned

Back
Top Bottom