Thanks for helping NikeTalk contribute $2,150 to Doctors Without Borders!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Methodical Management, Jun 18, 2010.

1. marionthebarberian

marionthebarberian Banned

than helping people we will never meet, it is.

2. marionthebarberian

marionthebarberian Banned

than helping people we will never meet, it is.

3. antonlavey

antonlavey Banned

I plan on being involved in this after school. Good work NT.

4. antonlavey

antonlavey Banned

I plan on being involved in this after school. Good work NT.

5. smedroc

smedroc

[​IMG][​IMG]...

On the subject though isn't the amount of funds raised linked to the number of hits the site gets??

If so the site being f'd up is effecting more than just people who post on the board.

6. smedroc

smedroc

[​IMG][​IMG]...

On the subject though isn't the amount of funds raised linked to the number of hits the site gets??

If so the site being f'd up is effecting more than just people who post on the board.

7. kdawg

kdawg Administrator Staff Member

That's another really deserving cause - it's a great organization and I'm sure the money will be well spent.

I'm also loving how that was Meth's 10,000th post.

Better than posting some thong pics or something.

8. kdawg

kdawg Administrator Staff Member

That's another really deserving cause - it's a great organization and I'm sure the money will be well spent.

I'm also loving how that was Meth's 10,000th post.

Better than posting some thong pics or something.

9. diplomat007

diplomat007

do a contest for members for a change

10. diplomat007

diplomat007

do a contest for members for a change

11. mytmouse76

mytmouse76

damn ya'll are some selfish folks...

12. mytmouse76

mytmouse76

damn ya'll are some selfish folks...

13. moneymike88

moneymike88

It's a pleasure to serve such wonderful people.

[​IMG]

14. moneymike88

moneymike88

It's a pleasure to serve such wonderful people.

[​IMG]

15. ebpo

ebpo

Damn... People really prefer having a new server than helping people in the need? Wow... talk about a**holes

16. ebpo

ebpo

Damn... People really prefer having a new server than helping people in the need? Wow... talk about a**holes

17. joe cool23

joe cool23

Will there be an update?

18. joe cool23

joe cool23

Will there be an update?

19. rocsole

rocsole

[​IMG]

20. rocsole

rocsole

[​IMG]

21. hankzilla

hankzilla

What does that have to do with it? Have you ever gave money to a homeless person? Do you intend on every seeing them again?

22. hankzilla

hankzilla

What does that have to do with it? Have you ever gave money to a homeless person? Do you intend on every seeing them again?

23. Methodical Management

Methodical Management Administrator Staff Member Co-Founder

Let's see: you think it's a waste to sacrifice time and money in attempt to improve the lives of people you'll never meet without receiving so much as a word of thanks in return, is that right?  Hm, sounds like you're asking me to stop caring about you guys and just shut down NikeTalk. 

I suppose I should just be spending money on friends and family, since I hadn't planned on meeting any of you.

Although many of the responses to this topic should inspire frustration, I actually think they're a wonderful proof of concept for us.  At its best, NikeTalk is about connecting with and enjoying the diverse company of like-minded people from around the world.  At its worst, though, NikeTalk can still harness this shallow, spoiled, materialistic, market-driven consumer feeding-frenzy that sneaker fandom has become and convert it into something positive - like a meaningful donation to a worthy cause. 

All those ugly comments that could make one ashamed to be associated with the site are still, in a sense, contributions to our charities, support from people who would never attend a benefit event, volunteer, or give directly to an organization like Doctors Without Borders. 

24. Methodical Management

Methodical Management Administrator Staff Member Co-Founder

Let's see: you think it's a waste to sacrifice time and money in attempt to improve the lives of people you'll never meet without receiving so much as a word of thanks in return, is that right?  Hm, sounds like you're asking me to stop caring about you guys and just shut down NikeTalk. 

I suppose I should just be spending money on friends and family, since I hadn't planned on meeting any of you.

Although many of the responses to this topic should inspire frustration, I actually think they're a wonderful proof of concept for us.  At its best, NikeTalk is about connecting with and enjoying the diverse company of like-minded people from around the world.  At its worst, though, NikeTalk can still harness this shallow, spoiled, materialistic, market-driven consumer feeding-frenzy that sneaker fandom has become and convert it into something positive - like a meaningful donation to a worthy cause. 

All those ugly comments that could make one ashamed to be associated with the site are still, in a sense, contributions to our charities, support from people who would never attend a benefit event, volunteer, or give directly to an organization like Doctors Without Borders. 

25. ill legal operation

ill legal operation

I stand by my comment - of course I could have been more diplomatic in asserting it - but diplomacy gets no attention, much less a response or an explanation...

...using the proceeds from this website to ''build toilets for amputees'' is commendable, and you'll never hear me speak ill of it, but a fully functional NikeTalk supercedes the immediate demand for charity BECAUSE a fully functional NikeTalk will in turn produce more money - more money, more ''toilets.''

No one is asking for this site to be run exclusively to their own personal benefit, but hundreds of us are asking it to be run properly...

...obviously it won't happen at the snap of a finger, but NT had it's first major performance malfunction in the summer of '08 - granted hindsight is 20/20, and at the time none of us could foresee that Yuku foul-ups would be a reoccuring theme, but two years is ample time to fix almost any problem and was most certainly enough time to fix this website.