Thanks for helping NikeTalk contribute $2,150 to Doctors Without Borders!

I stand by my comment - of course I could have been more diplomatic in asserting it - but diplomacy gets no attention, much less a response or an explanation...

...using the proceeds from this website to ''build toilets for amputees'' is commendable, and you'll never hear me speak ill of it, but a fully functional NikeTalk supercedes the immediate demand for charity BECAUSE a fully functional NikeTalk will in turn produce more money - more money, more ''toilets.''

No one is asking for this site to be run exclusively to their own personal benefit, but hundreds of us are asking it to be run properly...

...obviously it won't happen at the snap of a finger, but NT had it's first major performance malfunction in the summer of '08 - granted hindsight is 20/20, and at the time none of us could foresee that Yuku foul-ups would be a reoccuring theme, but two years is ample time to fix almost any problem and was most certainly enough time to fix this website.

indifferent.gif

Why not just bite the bullet and get rid of everything after page 20 in every forum?

Don't delete it but have it saved as just data offline. With no ability to access it it should not affect the site at all.

i know something similar has been mentioned but that idea had the old information still avaliable to view. Screw that, keep it offline til something gets sorted out.

Yes it would affect the site and be fairly annoying but until stuff can be fixed it seems like a win win alternative doesn't it?

I would think it would fix a lot of the site issues if not all of them and thus increase the revenue that is donated to charity as well.

And i do fully realize this is just an idea and most likely has been thought of by someone who actually has a say in what happens here but on the off chance it hasn't i figured i'd type it out anyway.

Why not just bite the bullet and get rid of everything after page 20 in every forum?

Don't delete it but have it saved as just data offline. With no ability to access it it should not affect the site at all.

i know something similar has been mentioned but that idea had the old information still avaliable to view. Screw that, keep it offline til something gets sorted out.

Yes it would affect the site and be fairly annoying but until stuff can be fixed it seems like a win win alternative doesn't it?

I would think it would fix a lot of the site issues if not all of them and thus increase the revenue that is donated to charity as well.

And i do fully realize this is just an idea and most likely has been thought of by someone who actually has a say in what happens here but on the off chance it hasn't i figured i'd type it out anyway.

Simply saying a "50 second delay" is the gist of NT's problems is selling the users short. The frustration lies within the entire experience, from blank pages to time errors to multiple replies that fill up an entire thread. The point is, it may be a "small problem" in the grand scheme of things, but it has made this message board one of the worst in terms of function and quality. I have never seen a message board with more errors and issues as this one.

Simply saying a "50 second delay" is the gist of NT's problems is selling the users short. The frustration lies within the entire experience, from blank pages to time errors to multiple replies that fill up an entire thread. The point is, it may be a "small problem" in the grand scheme of things, but it has made this message board one of the worst in terms of function and quality. I have never seen a message board with more errors and issues as this one.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

damn ya'll are some selfish folks...

Cant believe some of these replies.

My Dad just got back from Haiti today, he said DWB was one of the few people he saw actively doing things to help the people there. He said most everyone else has left.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

damn ya'll are some selfish folks...

Cant believe some of these replies.

My Dad just got back from Haiti today, he said DWB was one of the few people he saw actively doing things to help the people there. He said most everyone else has left.

This has been my favorite website since 2000 - I was a sophomore in undergrad, now I'm two years outta law school - you know where I was on 9/11? In my dorm room reading some kid's post in the Lounge saying one of the planes flew right over his head...

...I'm not going anywhere.

This has been my favorite website since 2000 - I was a sophomore in undergrad, now I'm two years outta law school - you know where I was on 9/11? In my dorm room reading some kid's post in the Lounge saying one of the planes flew right over his head...

...I'm not going anywhere.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

i dont give a rats #*$ who else ya writing checks to.

fix this damn yuku $!%+.

don't know which is more embarrassing

what you just wrote

or the way your parents raised you

You're welcome. Glad someone is still doing something to help the people in Haiti when it seems like everyone else has forgotten.

And some of you guys are sick in the head for thinking that you issues with a message board deserve more attention that people who are on the verge of death...

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

i dont give a rats #*$ who else ya writing checks to.

fix this damn yuku $!%+.

don't know which is more embarrassing

what you just wrote

or the way your parents raised you

You're welcome. Glad someone is still doing something to help the people in Haiti when it seems like everyone else has forgotten.

And some of you guys are sick in the head for thinking that you issues with a message board deserve more attention that people who are on the verge of death...

Nice to see everyone has their priorities in order.

We're working on the performance issue.  It's not an overnight thing and anyone who claims otherwise is either selling something or oblivious to what's involved.  Best case scenario (for those who want us off Yuku so desperately) involves us completely restructuring the entire website from the ground up: revenue stream, hosting, forum platform, design... everything.  Until we can get the monthly revenue where it needs to be in order to sustain the costs of hosting on another, more expensive, setup, a donation of this size isn't going to hurt anything.  There's no point in saving for a year just to move if we can't clear the hosting costs on a month to month basis. 

Honestly, the those served by Doctors Without Borders in Haiti and elsewhere are far more deserving of the money anyway.  They need medical care more than you need to instantly refresh your latest reply to find out if you earned any "lulz."

I can appreciate the frustration with the recent performance issues - we're all sick of it.  However, this is a good opportunity to take a step back and recognize what's truly important in life. 

If your biggest concern in life is a 50 second delay on an Internet forum you should consider yourself one of the most unduly privileged creatures on this planet.

Nice to see everyone has their priorities in order.

We're working on the performance issue.  It's not an overnight thing and anyone who claims otherwise is either selling something or oblivious to what's involved.  Best case scenario (for those who want us off Yuku so desperately) involves us completely restructuring the entire website from the ground up: revenue stream, hosting, forum platform, design... everything.  Until we can get the monthly revenue where it needs to be in order to sustain the costs of hosting on another, more expensive, setup, a donation of this size isn't going to hurt anything.  There's no point in saving for a year just to move if we can't clear the hosting costs on a month to month basis. 

Honestly, the those served by Doctors Without Borders in Haiti and elsewhere are far more deserving of the money anyway.  They need medical care more than you need to instantly refresh your latest reply to find out if you earned any "lulz."

I can appreciate the frustration with the recent performance issues - we're all sick of it.  However, this is a good opportunity to take a step back and recognize what's truly important in life. 

If your biggest concern in life is a 50 second delay on an Internet forum you should consider yourself one of the most unduly privileged creatures on this planet.

Back
Top Bottom