that lebron hair line life vol pic for reference

so it seems as if my hair is starting to thin at 25. 
ohwell.gif

do any NTers have similar experiences or advice?

i was sitting under some bright lights and my friend asked me if i am loosing my hair. ive noticed strands here and there but didnt think much of it. 

i cut my hair every few weeks pretty low (# 2) all over but then let it grow for a few weeks. i last got a cut probably 3 weeks ago.

i know they say its based on your maternal grandfathers side and my grandfather died with what i remember to be a full head of hair.

jokes are fine i think it looks like a mushroom cloud or the tree of life from disney

brah, **** thomas edison..

if it wasn't for that fool i wouldn't even know my hairline was going to hell.
mean.gif

i give it 2 years before i take the impending L and just stone cold my head, no stunner.

i love my uncle, but ****, i did not deserve this.

Last edited:
Cut it real low like Kobe does or keep it how it is and rock the George Costanza in a few years.

:lol: I'm in the same boat but it doesn't bother me at all. I just own that isht. I buzz it down to a no guard once every week or two.

It's not my genetics either. Both Grandfather's had full heads when they passed. It comes down to too much of a certain type of testosterone running through the scalp, which end up attaching onto hair follicles and killing them. Propecia and all those 'bald remedies' attempt to reduce said testosterone in the scalp.

laugh.gif
I'm in the same boat but it doesn't bother me at all. I just own that isht. I buzz it down to a no guard once every week or two.

It's not my genetics either. Both Grandfather's had full heads when they passed. It comes down to too much of a certain type of testosterone running through the scalp, which end up attaching onto hair follicles and killing them. Propecia and all those 'bald remedies' attempt to reduce said testosterone in the scalp.
ive been wanting to start cutting own hair for a while so i guess this is the perfect excuse...
laugh.gif

i like my hair low anyway...

any good clipper recommendations?

Last edited:
ive been wanting to start cutting own hair for a while so i guess this is the perfect excuse...:lol:

i like my hair low anyway...

any good clipper recommendations?

No doubt! I just use some POS Wahl brand that scooped from Target for like $40. Works good enough.

Everytime I see this I always want to add that the whole "getting it from your mom side" is a myth and that it is genes that is passed down from both side of the family. My mom's dad had a full set of hair but my dad and his dad were bald and my brother and me are having the same issue. Hair loss for me has been one of the hardest things to deal with and yet there is nothing I can really do. I know the alternative is to go bald but I am cursed with the oddest shape head in the world. One day, I am going to have to face that fear.

Everytime I see this I always want to add that the whole "getting it from your mom side" is a myth and that it is genes that is passed down from both side of the family. My mom's dad had a full set of hair but my dad and his dad were bald and my brother and me are having the same issue. Hair loss for me has been one of the hardest things to deal with and yet there is nothing I can really do. I know the alternative is to go bald but I am cursed with the oddest shape head in the world. One day, I am going to have to face that fear.
that's probably based on mom's giving more DNA to the kids, but we still get some from the father too, so that small part you got from your dad had the gene. 

Last edited:
my dad got that lebron joint on steroids right now at 41. I will be a rogaine using mf because I refuse to go bald. :x

Last edited:
If your going through stress it could be the cause do something that release stress and your hair will grow back natural

If your going through stress it could be the cause do something that release stress and your hair will grow back natural
im learning the hard way on how stress stress impacts the body...if there is something that is bothering me i think about it constantly, and theres been nights where i didnt even sleep. it doesnt help that i have naturally wound up personality.

im hoping this is stress related but we shall see...if not its nature, cant do **** about it

Last edited:
My hairline and thin spots are almost exactly the same as your OP. I'm 35 and mine started doing the Kobe at about 28. I used to keep it low with a line up and then went to the baldie, but my gf says she like my hair with the reverse fade and I'm letting it grow. No dambs.

I think I'm just gonna rock that grown man look from here on out and do me. Too many dudes look the same with baldies. Bout to do something different.

I miss when I had that long curl look though. Even had my aunt sweating me at a funeral. :lol:

You get it from your dad as well not just your mom's dad. Thankfully for me both had/have a full set of hair.

Back
Top Bottom