that Syrian Civil War is NO JOKE VOL. over 1300 dead after alleged Nerve gas attack

Even the numbers of the people that died in the chemical attack are shaky, of course the US has the highest number at 1,400+. France has said it's about a little over 200. If anyone cares to listen check out democracy now Wednesday podcast, its only about an hour and their guess bring up a lot of holes and issues with this "conflict". Something's you'll never hear on MSM.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77265290/

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not up the politics, but as a person living in Dubai with many close Syrian friends all I vouch for is how horrible the war is to the people there and both sides are to blame for that.

AQ is very much in Syria and has a strong presence in the rebel forces. My friend's doctor was kidnapped a few weeks backs by "rebels" and held for ransom. He was killed once the money was delivered. Another friend of my mine lost most of family due to the shelling by the government. Some rebels have raped the sister of a another friend. Government troops leveled entire citites. This goes both ways and no side is right or wrong in the fight. A good friend of mine just went back a few weeks ago to get his family and no one has heard from him sense.

For all the things these Leaders (Ghaddifi, Assad, Mubarak) they kept the sectarian feuds at by and stabilized the region. Now you have unrest all over and alot of it can attributed to Western influence and Iranian/Russian influence.

No one is talking about the gas attacks from earlier in the year. Western Media all but forgot about the coup Egypt. The first democratically elected government is overthrown and disbanded by the military? Much in the same fashion the last dictator took power? This **** is a sick joke

No matter what tens of thousands more will end up dead or displaced from the bombing and Syria will plunge into a long and bloody civil war.

Thats my main issue with the US intervention as it will do nothing to stop the fighting in Syria. THOUSANDS of people will be killed, they never speak on the maimed and killed from those air strikes. And when they leave another mess like Iraq is left.

Why can't we live in peace? This is sad. War is sad. It doesn't solve anything, it just kicks the can down the road. Just sad.

I am not up the politics, but as a person living in Dubai with many close Syrian friends all I vouch for is how horrible the war is to the people there and both sides are to blame for that.

AQ is very much in Syria and has a strong presence in the rebel forces. My friend's doctor was kidnapped a few weeks backs by "rebels" and held for ransom. He was killed once the money was delivered. Another friend of my mine lost most of family due to the shelling by the government. Some rebels have raped the sister of a another friend. Government troops leveled entire citites. This goes both ways and no side is right or wrong in the fight. A good friend of mine just went back a few weeks ago to get his family and no one has heard from him sense.

For all the things these Leaders (Ghaddifi, Assad, Mubarak) they kept the sectarian feuds at by and stabilized the region. Now you have unrest all over and alot of it can attributed to Western influence and Iranian/Russian influence.

No one is talking about the gas attacks from earlier in the year. Western Media all but forgot about the coup Egypt. The first democratically elected government is overthrown and disbanded by the military? Much in the same fashion the last dictator took power? This **** is a sick joke

No matter what tens of thousands more will end up dead or displaced from the bombing and Syria will plunge into a long and bloody civil war.

Thats my main issue with the US intervention as it will do nothing to stop the fighting in Syria. THOUSANDS of people will be killed, they never speak on the maimed and killed from those air strikes. And when they leave another mess like Iraq is left.

Glad you posted this, it makes it even more laughable when you hear liars like Kerry spew nonsense of "no boots on the ground". Once we bomb, the country becomes unstable then its justified to send these young man and women to die for lies.

Fox News, National Review, Washington Examiner, ect. is the mouthpiece for the Republican Party and the Likud Party. MSNBC, CNN, The Nation, ect are mouthpieces for the Democratic Party. What's your point?
If your gonna try to prove that rebels were responsible for the use of chemical weapons against civilians, Russia Today can hardly be viewed as a credible source if it is Putin mouthpiece and is trying to cover for Putin's ally Assad. Lol I guess you would use RT given how you favor or seem to favor Snowden taking classified information to Russia.   

The statement Putin made about Jabhat Al Nusra allied to Al Qaeda being a major player in the conflict is factually incorrect, because it is financed by Al Qaeda through indirect support from elements in the Gulf States and consists of mostly well trained foreign fighters. However it along with Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant also an Al Qaeda affiliate makes up only about 25% of the total forces fighting Assad.

The Sunni that control the South and make up most Free Syrian Army units actually have denounced Al Qaeda elements and have skirmished with them heavily, they are financed indirectly by the Jordanians, Saudis, and Gulf States. They are building strongholds in the Eastern Ghouta district, the very same area that Assad gassed.   They make up 75% of the forces fighting Assad, and are mostly secular, the reason for them denouncing Al Qaeda elements trying to form an Islamic Sharia State in the parts of Northern Syria held by those elements that include Idlib and Aleppo. You will notice the Arab League came out in public to support some kind of reaction to the use of chemical weapons by Assad, meaning in private they favor a US strike.  

I encourage all members to do some research and arrive at your own conclusions based on credible sources as not all of Nike Talk is taken by sensationalism and easily misled by bias sources.  

If your gonna try to prove that rebels were responsible for the use of chemical weapons against civilians, Russia Today can hardly be viewed as a credible source if it is Putin mouthpiece and is trying to cover for Putin's ally Assad. Lol I guess you would use RT given how you favor or seem to favor Snowden taking classified information to Russia.

So what source should I use? The US media outlets, which will only report news that is beneficial for its own interest? Makes sense.

The statement Putin made about Jabhat Al Nusra allied to Al Qaeda being a major player in the conflict is factually incorrect, because it is financed by Al Qaeda through indirect support from elements in the Gulf States and consists of mostly well trained foreign fighters. However it along with Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant also an Al Qaeda affiliate makes up only about 25% of the total forces fighting Assad.

You know for sure they are "factually incorrect", who are you? Indirect support, like the CIA? Because we know the history of the alliance between the Mujahadeen Al-Qaeda. We know the SA has an alliance with AQ, which has wanting to rid the region of secular Syria for some time. At the end of the day your number of 25% is meaningless. And even if that 25% is accurate, you are OK with the US aligning itself with AQ? In a global war for over a decade with the "enemy of the earth", but will fight on the same side as them? WHAT ARE THESE WORDS? I can careless what the Arab League says, look at the countries in the Arab League. Syria is the only one left that does not have US influence.

Last edited:

The voting system favors only favors two parties.
In 2016 we'll see a third party get a lot of votes (a la Perot in 1992). The key is going to be ballot access in all 50 states and participation in debates. It's an uphill climb because the corporatist debate commission is as corrupt is the sky is blue.

You can forget that champ, your wasting your time even thinking such.  In 2016 there will be no third party of significance just like in 2008 and 2012 there was no third party of significance.  Ralph Nader wasted his time in 2008, Ron Paul wasted his time in 2012, and all these individuals that have supporters foolishly wasted their time during each presidential cycle.  I don't want you personally to waste your time in 2016 so be sure to throw away any desire or possibility of a third party system in 2016..................got that.

We got our own problems and we're broke, the USA needs to stay in the USA. We're giving all these dambs but no one gives a damb about us.
mean.gif
this

this. as long as the egyptian militairy foces take pro-western measures nobody will stand in their way.

Without wars like these and weather manipulation the elite cannot control agendas and the main thing... population.

It wouldnt suprise me if there were "terrorist attacks" n major cities soon to expedite the gentrification process.

So we should listen to fox, because their motto is "fair and balanced"?

After 9/11 MSM shouldn't be trusted, they were basically the mouthpiece to spread lies and misinformation for the government on Iraq.

:rofl:
Given that third parties combine garner not even 2% of total turnout in the total voter turnout for 2013 it not likely to happen in 2016 or in the near future.

Of course not.

Let's use some common sense here...

Campaign funds in the 2012 elections (You know the money that is used to buy prime time air time in order to brainwashed the public with negative ads)

Jill Stein Total Spent: $882,354
Gary Johnson Total Spent: $2,507,763
Virgil Goode Total Spent: $93,794
Randall Terry Total Spent: $259,721

Total SPENT by third parties: less than 3.8 million dollars.

Now compare with the Corporate candidates:

Obama Total Spent: $683,546,548
Romney Total Spent: $433,281,516

Total SPENT by the Democrats/Republicans 1.1 Billion dollars

3.8 Million vs 1.1 Billion?

I am surprise 3rd parties are even allowed to be candidates. It's pointless because they can't even get their word out to the public due to lack of funds.

So what source should I use? The US media outlets, which will only report news that is beneficial for its own interest? Makes sense.

:lol:

You should use Whitehouse.gov because everything on there is the truth!

Remember Obama did state this in 2009..

My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented
level of openness in Government. We will work together to
ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency,
public participation, and collaboration. Openness will
strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and
effectiveness in Government.

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20090121/2009_transparency_memo.pdf

Reactions: wr
You know for sure they are "factually incorrect", who are you? Indirect support, like the CIA? Because we know the history of the alliance between the Mujahadeen Al-Qaeda. We know the SA has an alliance with AQ, which has wanting to rid the region of secular Syria for some time. At the end of the day your number of 25% is meaningless. And even if that 25% is accurate, you are OK with the US aligning itself with AQ? In a global war for over a decade with the "enemy of the earth", but will fight on the same side as them? WHAT ARE THESE WORDS? I can careless what the Arab League says, look at the countries in the Arab League. Syria is the only one left that does not have US influence.
So State run Russia Today would be less bias than say credible sources such as AP, Reuters, BBC, though somewhat Western bias they are independently run and are not controlled by a state with vested interest in Syria. Guess you couldn't find reputable journalists that could independently verify your claim of a rebel chemical attack.

I stand by what I said about the makeup of extremist and rebel forces, this can be independently verified that the 75% of total forces against Assad are FSA elements in the South are secular and have denounce elements in the North that are allied with AQ. Though you say that AQ and FSA have alliances and say that the US allies with AQ if it helps the rebels you fail to take into account why secular FSA units side with AQ, simply because they are better armed and financed. But Jabhat Al Nursra and Islamic State's quest to establish Sharia Law in Northern Syria has been very unpopular among both the populace and the FSA, leading to protests and open fighting in the JAN held Northern Syrian provinces. Given a choice the populace and FSA would much rather choose a secular rebel force.   

The US could counter Jabhat Al Nursra by indirectly training and supplying the Sunnis in the South by using the Saudis and Jordanians as conduits to reach them. Already Clandestine training centers have been set up in Jordan by Western Allies to train vetted rebels. The counter to the AQ presence in the North is a well armed and trained vetted force of Sunni FSA units in the South that can turn the tide of war with the support of Western and Gulf Allies. The failure of the US to support a secular FSA could be disastrous since Jabhat Al Nursa is already setting up Sharia Government in the North and using the FSA lack of equipment and funding to degrade their position in the North.   

"The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdock, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves."

This applies to all news media outlets in the us

Last edited:
So in summary the Free Syrian Army below are the good guys?

View media item 567062
While the Jabhat Al Nusra group are the bad guys?

View media item 567056
Like we can really tell the difference!

:rolleyes

Bottom line, whatever group we're arming and helping will turn around and use those same weapons against the US... all in due time! History is great proof of this.

People are forgetting how close in proximity Egypt is to Syria.

What about refugees?

I saw that Sweden granted open asylum to all Syrian refugees.

Don't you think this will start another ethnic problem?

Displacing people has always created instability.

The US and Britain are expressly interested in regime change(fact). The CW's are just an excuse.

I am surprise 3rd parties are even allowed to be candidates. It's pointless because they can't even get their word out to the public due to lack of funds.
Then maybe these 3rd party candidates should use to the internet more to get their message across, free marketing.  That's if their message is really that good to begin with. 

If Syria has no interest w/ the US, why get involved? This is pissing me off to no end. A complete waste of resources and money...especially since we have so many problems here stateside that are ignored.

So in summary the Free Syrian Army below are the good guys?

While the Jabhat Al Nusra group are the bad guys?

Like we can really tell the difference!

eyes.gif

Bottom line, whatever group we're arming and helping will turn around and use those same weapons against the US... all in due time! History is great proof of this.
If your best reply is a photo that was handpicked among the many that could be chosen and not even remote facts or arguments that suggest that extremist elements are running amok among FSA units, than there is nothing further to debate since you are driven by sensationalism over actual research and fact finding. 

Then maybe these 3rd party candidates should use to the internet more to get their message across, free marketing.  That's if their message is really that good to begin with. 

Ron Paul is pretty well known and had outstanding goals. He never had a chance though, along with any other 3rd party candidate.

Back
Top Bottom