The 10 biggest Tech Failures of the last decade...

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

dreamcast

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by jose cansec0

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

dreamcast

indifferent.gif

x2... the virtual memory units were the truth...(playing nfl 2k6 and looking at your controller to choose the plays FTW!!)..
shenmue was crazy.. dreamcast controller > xbox controller...
dreamcast and mini-disc were ahead of their time.. (i still have my mini-disc)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I owned one of these until like 2003-2004.. SONY MINIDISC... an mp3 player before its time... It started with strictly analog input and output cables connecting to your stereo or computer and essentially dubbing the music or sound in realtime.. Slowly it advanced to an ipod like system where songs could be transferred via a itunes like interface at speeds of 10-20x.

what yall know about that?? APPLE isnt this widely huge innovation power.

sad to see them go... They even advanced technlogy in the disc storage space from basic 700mb type to a few GB.. soon they had the big chance to move over to strictly harddrive based

%21BSQOO3w%212k%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-CEEjlLly3cCBKCPEWov5g%7E%7E_1.JPG

one of the first units with a backlit and not to mention editable text for your songs:
http://i.ebayimg.com/24/%21BRJ4pF%21%21Wk%7E%24%28KGrH****isEjlLmIUKBBJ8ijWUMpg%7E%7E_1.JPG

now thats a tech failure.. so much going for it with its launch in 9.9.9 with the dreamcast. but ultimately it was too ahead of its time
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
i remember in hs, dropping like $200 to buy a sharp MD player once i got myfirst paycheck at my job, and i was recording my fave songs on the disks
laugh.gif
. i was straight ballin with that thing at school when dudes were still using cd players and i had a minidisk player. then the mp3 player camealong...
tired.gif

sharp_ms722.jpg

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I owned one of these until like 2003-2004.. SONY MINIDISC... an mp3 player before its time... It started with strictly analog input and output cables connecting to your stereo or computer and essentially dubbing the music or sound in realtime.. Slowly it advanced to an ipod like system where songs could be transferred via a itunes like interface at speeds of 10-20x.

what yall know about that?? APPLE isnt this widely huge innovation power.

sad to see them go... They even advanced technlogy in the disc storage space from basic 700mb type to a few GB.. soon they had the big chance to move over to strictly harddrive based

%21BSQOO3w%212k%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-CEEjlLly3cCBKCPEWov5g%7E%7E_1.JPG

one of the first units with a backlit and not to mention editable text for your songs:
http://i.ebayimg.com/24/%21BRJ4pF%21%21Wk%7E%24%28KGrH****isEjlLmIUKBBJ8ijWUMpg%7E%7E_1.JPG

now thats a tech failure.. so much going for it with its launch in 9.9.9 with the dreamcast. but ultimately it was too ahead of its time
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
i remember in hs, dropping like $200 to buy a sharp MD player once i got my first paycheck at my job, and i was recording my fave songs on the disks
laugh.gif
. i was straight ballin with that thing at school when dudes were still using cd players and i had a minidisk player. then the mp3 player came along...
tired.gif

sharp_ms722.jpg

Yo I had the same exact experience
laugh.gif

HD DVD lost the format battle hmm???

reminds me of the tape vs. 8-trac..

eventhough i wasnt alive back then ahaha

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

How are people still saying Vista is a failure? People who don't do their +%!$!!+ research and just parrot what other people say are the only ones who think Vista is bad.
Truth. I don't think there's anything that's undeniably wrong with Vista, at least on my iMac. It's usually the hardwaremanufacturers drivers that mess up.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

all youtube has to do to make some money is throw a few ads up, word to yuku.
Here's the thing though, the difference between ads on websites and search engines is that when you're searching, you're looking forsomething. Watching videos, I'm sure over half or even more of the audience is just looking to watch videos and then move on.

Contrary to popular belief, sites like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, MySpace, etc. aren't really cash cows.

a682546eba992a192e2ef8537e89de6be924b77.gif
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
back in 2001, i dropped $300 on this thing...i was the first dude inschool to move up to mp3 players while everyone else was still walking around with discmen
ref=dp_otherviews_0

128MB of memory
2362534e63995a65228ef0e65fb4d687fde79ff.gif

then in 2002 i got one of these joints
00693951.jpg

i used to have basically unlimited storage...700MB discs FTW. Had about 15 of those i used to carry around in a case. I was sad to see it die out. I wanted toput a minidisc player in my car when i got old enough
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

Finally got with the picture in 2005 and copped me the iPod Photo
ipod_photo.jpg

Best iPod I ever had. I wish they stayed with this and just upped the storage. All that unnecessary BS on these new ones.

I guess failure in the sense they no longer generate significant revenue, but the tech itself was solid.

Shares in Sirius, which had traded at $63 in 2000, dropped to $.05 earlier this year. In the first quarter of 2009, the number of subscribers for the combined service declined by 400,000 from the previous quarter to 18.6 million. Neither Sirius nor XM ever made a dime.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

omg gateway IS turrible
laugh.gif

fixed.

and ive never had any issues with vista
grin.gif

and youtube is a futile enterprise... r they publicly traded??? would be a great idea for them b/c they have no chance of making money
laugh.gif
as their"success" grows so do users and bandwith.... godforbid they ever convert to some sort of pay site
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom