The 2009 Retro 'Space Jam' 11's / XI Comparison of 3 Authentic Pairs

Greetings fellow NT members. What I have here is a thread for comparison and educational purposes of the 2009 Retro release of the Air Jordan 'Space Jam' 11's. I have taken several detailed pics that focus on the many aspects of the shoes that can help determine authenticity. This specific release was notorious for not having the best quality and had countless flaws in many different aspects of the shoes. Some even appeared bad enough to be labeled as B-Grades and sold at the Nike Outlets but instead were sold to the public on release day at authorized retailers.

This thread has pictures of different angles of the box, the blue plastic XI covering, carbon fiber printed wrapping paper, blue shoe horns and size tags (all size 10.5).

Pictures of the shoes include 3 of the same release in the same size. First pair is heavily worn, second pair is casually worn in excellent condition and the third pair is in unworn, deadstock condition. The photos portray all 3 shoes side by side from the front and back as well as close ups of each shoe. The soles of all the shoes will show the difference of the yellowing/oxidation between the 3 different conditions. There will also be side notes for each photo.

This thread was created in hopes of spreading knowledge of this specific release among the NikeTalk community. Enjoy.

The Box and Contents:

View media item 1503378Top view of the 23 and Jumpman Jordan marquee. Note: The imprinted 23 on the box should have a deep, indentation and should make a distinct sound when running your fingernails across the parallel lines.

View media item 1503380Side view showing the blue Jumpman and gloss wave pattern. Note: Fakes will sometimes have a Jumpman that is more of a faded, powder blue instead of this vibrant, royal blue color. Same thing applies to the small jumpman on the top of the box.

View media item 1503385Front view of the size tags and pull out hole. Note: Fakes can sometimes have deformities around the ring of the pull out hole and/or thicker than what it should be.

View media item 1503386Blue XI plastic covering side by side. Note: All plastic covering should be the same and solid in color.

View media item 1503387Carbon fiber print wrapping paper. Note: The carbon fiber pattern can sometimes fade.

View media item 1503397Blue shoe horns side by side. Note: Fakes will sometimes have a different shade of blue and/or will not have the sparkle look within the plastic.

The Shoes:

View media item 1503403Front view of each pair side by side. From left to right; Heavily worn pair, casually worn pair and unworn, deadstock pair. Note: Toe caps of the front of the soles should be transparent but not completely clear.

View media item 1503407Back shots of the heels. Note: 23's should be square in shape and never too wide or flat. However, the 23's can be sometimes misplaced on the heel tabs. The patent leather (PL) cut varies. It can be sometimes high or low or sometimes even one high with one low. Midsoles can also be misshaped and is actually very common with this release.

View media item 1503413Soles of each pair in bright lighting. Note: Yellowing/oxidation/browning can vary from shoe to shoe. Lighting can also affect how the soles look in pictures.

View media item 1503417Soles of each pair in natural lighting. Note: Not all pairs will have the same looking soles but should never be blue or clear in color. All icy soles should have a yellow tint to them.

View media item 1503420Close up of the soles from the deadstock pair. Note: Yellowing/browning will occur around the blue traction pods of the soles.

View media item 1503422Close up front shot of the heavily worn pair. Note: This pair was worn over 200 times.

View media item 1503423Close up front shot of the casually worn pair. Note: You can sometimes notice the yellowing of the soles from the front, side and back views of the shoes.

View media item 1503425Close up front shot of the deadstock pair. Note: Notice on the right shoe which appears to be air bubbles/pockets on the toe caps of the soles. This is consistent with authentic pairs and most of the time fakes will not have this look.

View media item 1503429Close up back shot of the heavily worn pair. Note: The 23's on the heel tab can stretch from wear. Leather upper material around the heel tab can also become shiny after being worn.

View media item 1503430Close up back shot of the casually worn pair. Note: White midsoles come to a sharp point in the middle. Notice how the PL cut is a bit high and lopsided. This is common for authentic pairs to have but be aware because fakes will most of the time have high PL cuts.

View media item 1503432Close up back shot of the deadstock pair. Note: Notice that the right shoe has a rounded off midsole shape while the left comes to a sharp point. Another common flaw in manufacturing these shoes. Also the PL cut is very low compared to the casually worn pair. The leather upper material around the heel tabs should also be a very flat, matte texture if unworn. Fakes will sometimes have a more shiny leather material.

View media item 1503434Top view of the heavily worn pair. Note: Notice that there are tiny widows peaks at the center of the edge of the PL cut where it meets the mesh material. This is common but should be barely noticeable. Fakes will sometimes have large noticeable peaks.

View media item 1503435Top view of the casually worn pair. Note: Notice the widows peaks on the PL cut with this pair as well. Again, barely noticeable.

View media item 1503439Top view of the deadstock pair. Note: Collars of the shoes around the ankle area should be nice and thin. Fakes will sometimes have very thick collars.

View media item 1503442Top view into the insides of the deadstock pair. Note: These releases did not have size stickers on the insoles. Fakes make the huge mistake of sometimes placing a size sticker on the insoles when they did not start doing this with the holiday release 11's until the year after with the 2010 'Cool Greys'.

View media item 1503448Close up view of the protruding bumps along the side of the white part of the midsoles. This is extremely common with this release. Fakes will most likely not have this.

Hopefully this thread has helped with teaching something new to someone about the 2009 Space Jams and help better determine authenticity for future buyers or those that may own a questionable pair. If there are any questions, concerns, suggestions for additional pics, anything that should be added in this thread or if you would like me to check out a pair that you own or are looking to purchase, please don't hesitate to PM me. Cheers!

Last edited:
Come on guys, rep this man..He took the time to make this for you guys!

Nice job with the pix man..Legit X3..:lol:

Awesome post, brother. I appreciate you taking the time for everyone's benefit. This should be linked up there under the XI guide. Thanks again for replying back under my original thread about these as well!

Awesome post, brother. I appreciate you taking the time for everyone's benefit. This should be linked up there under the XI guide. Thanks again for replying back under my original thread about these as well!

No worries brotha. Didn't mind at all creating it. I never got to actually compare them all side by side so I took this opportunity to do so.

Come on guys, rep this man..He took the time to make this for you guys!

Nice job with the pix man..Legit X3..:lol:

Haha I don't care too much for reps. Are you sure they're legit though? The 23 looks stretched on the beaters.. Lol

You should send this to ebay so they can take all the fakes off their site it's sad when you see people spending 400-600 on some fake jays nice post though

It is crazy what people are paying for space jams and concords with ice soles.

I agree, and there are more than a few people that prefer them than the authentic pairs with yellowing. Nothing against those that are okay with that, this was created to spread awareness of well crafted fakes out there for those that care for the authenticity of the Jordan brand.

I agree, and there are more than a few people that prefer them than the authentic pairs with yellowing. Nothing against those that are okay with that, this was created to spread awareness of well crafted fakes out there for those that care for the authenticity of the Jordan brand.
That's right!  I just hate that all of those fakes are out there and sometimes it does make it hard to tell the difference for some that don't do any research.

Do you have a price check on a legit pair of 2011 Retro 11 Concords Deadstock and a Deadstock pair of retro 4 white cements?  I know this is not the forum but I value your input.

Do you have a price check on a legit pair of 2011 Retro 11 Concords Deadstock and a Deadstock pair of retro 4 white cements?  I know this is not the forum but I value your input.

To answer your question, the going rate for them from what I'm seeing is $350+, a little more if they're being shipped. I got mine for $310 meet up if that helps at all.

@from88till does the production stamp on the insoles matter? ive seen some pairs with blue production stamps and others without.

thanks for the reply

View media item 2279796View media item 2279795Could you help me L/C this pair I'm coming across. based on your post they look legit but I need more opinions
GALLERY]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom