The 2009 US Open - Grand Slam Tennis

smh.gif

The call by the line judge was wrong and killed the momentum she was building ... If you guys actually watched the match, she pretty much was on edge the wholetime but for the last couple of points started to put things together and change the flow of the match .......... Also I highly doubt that this was the firstincident between her and that line judge .. For all the talk of Kim dominating the match by some the commentators, that was true until about midway through thesecond set ... I can't remember which grand slam it was either the Australian or The French but she had a similar game in the later rounds where thingswere falling apart early on and she turned things around later in the second set

not my fault she lost her cool, threatening the line judge....SOOO RACIST.......line judge was Asian....unacceptable....lock her up in a cage

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

not my fault she lost her cool, threatening the line judge....SOOO RACIST.......line judge was Asian....unacceptable....lock her up in a cage
indifferent.gif

Don't feed the trolls. I missed the match is there anywhere I can catch it online?

Damn, I'm surprised Serena lost. She's still the best player in the world right now...having her as the #2 seed is a travesty.

Does she have enough points to be ranked #1 after this tourny is over? Its not like it matters though as the women's ranking system is a joke.

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

really? chill out with all that "animal" and "cage" !%++? pump the breaks a lil bit.

In Serena's defense, that was a shotty call at best, and definately not one any judge should make during the semis on THE US OPEN!!!! but Serena let heranger get the best of her. Man did anyone else peep the "Im about to tell on you" walk/run the judge had running to the scorers table? hahapriceless. Sad that it happened. Ive never seen this side of Serena. Its an intense sport.

Unfortunate way to end a match like that. At least Serena had it in her to walk to Kim and shake hands. This sort of reminded me of when Serena lost toCapriati a few years ago, and I remember a point that was called out, when the replay shows it was clearly in. Serena just lost her cool and lost the match. Ithink that's what started the whole challenge rule. Btw, couldn't Serena have challenged the foot fault call?

Petty act by Serena. Shows immature she is. You from Compton but now that you got a silver spoon you forget how to act. Grow up. And the replay shows her footwas on the line.

laugh.gif
@ some dudes on here.

Serena lost her cool but I dont blame her. Second time this bull has happened with the same friggin judge in the past few years.

When you're the best, you just arent use to losing thats all. People who lose all the time dont lose their cool because losing is there thing.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Richie Tenenbaum's Meltdown > Serena's meltdown

Baumer =
pimp.gif
, Margot =
smh.gif
roll.gif

When you're the best, you just arent use to losing thats all. People who lose all the time dont lose their cool because losing is there thing.
Stop it. Threatening a judge because they screwed up is not how a good person acts... this is a character issue, and she showed she has verylittle after this episode.

Kim was pretty much outplaying her the whole match. Serena just let her temper get the best of her.

Luckily, this almost certainly didn't change the outcome of the match. If anything, it just took attention away from how badly Clijsters whooped Serenathis match. Very impressive for a lady who was out for so long.

no wonder she felt threatened with that caster semenya lookin' amazon bearing down on her like that.
laugh.gif

for real though, it was definitely a crap call. at the same time she overreacted. the whole thing was really bizarre.

sidenote: serena had some badass kicks on this tournament.

sidenote #2: bud collins is nuts. the polkadot hat, calling Clijsters 'Mighty mama', saying Oudin was 'making whoopee'. he's entirelysenile but in a jovial, hilarious way.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom