***THE 2011 NFL QUARTERBACK THREAD*** (QBRs through week 9 pg. 16)

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

-Will Peyton ever regain form as the top (or close to the) top dawg? was he ever top dog?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

This year Matt Stafford stays healthy and puts up top 5 level QB stats
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

From a numbers or fantasy perspective, I agree. Although it does take more than one great year to actually be in consideration for top 5 QB.

i think big ben is gonna put up his best numbers yet this year. he's looked pretty solid so far and i'm pretty optimistic about the offense....as long as the o-line can get him some time to stay on his feet

-Who is the best quarterback in the league this year? Brady/Rodgers. In the next two years...Rodgers will sit alone here. As Brady gets older, we're going to see him fall off. But he hasn't fallen off yet imo. What he did last year with the cast he had was quite impressive. Especially considering his biggest weapon gets dropped a few weeks in. Insane imo.

-Which quarterback do you think is overrated? Eli

-Which young quarterback is primed to join the elites? Bradford

-Will Peyton ever regain form as the top (or close to the) top dawg? Not THE top dog, but in there at the top tier, yes. But between the age and neck, we're on the down swing.

And I think Phil Rivers is underrated as a QB.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by airblaster503

This year Matt Stafford stays healthy and puts up top 5 level QB stats
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

From a numbers or fantasy perspective, I agree. Although it does take more than one great year to actually be in consideration for top 5 QB.
Yeah my comment was just about numbers.  He will be in the top 5 quarterbacks by the numbers they put up at the end of the year.  Didn't mean it to come off as he will be one of the top 5 qb's in the league by the end of the season, though top 10 is a definite possibility.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by CP1708

Why you think Schaub is overrated Fraij?  Players around him? 

I wouldn't say hes severely overrated but hes who I went with since I really don't see many QB's being gassed up when they shouldn't right now.  
s-BEN-ROETHLISBERGER-FILES-large.jpg

Originally Posted by dland24

-Who is the best quarterback in the league this year? It'll be between Rodgers/Brady/Brees

-Which quarterback do you think is overrated? Rivers is talented as @###, but dude has yet to win and add to that the Chargers couldn't even win their division last year. I know he didn't have VJ but Brady and Manning always made it to the playoffs even with depleted teams.

-Which young quarterback is primed to join the elites? Bradford & Stafford

-Will Peyton ever regain form as the top (or close to the) top dawg? I don't think he's gonna take the number 1 spot again but he'll still come back and kick !%+

rivers suffers from having norv turner as his coach come playoff time..

but he is def in my group of elite guys

that first article says the arrow with schaub is pointing flat because "even though he's thrown for 9000+ yards and 53 touchdowns the last 2 seasons, the team was 6-10 last year because the defense sucked. how does the defense being terrible have anything to do with schaub as a quarterback individually?

-Who is the best quarterback in the league this year? 1a.Brady 1b.Rodgers

-Which quarterback do you think is overrated? Roethlisberger 
eyes.gif

-Which young quarterback is primed to join the elites? Sam Bradford 
pimp.gif

-Will Peyton ever regain form as the top (or close to the) top dawg? Not his MVP form of the past decade but he won't just drop to the bottom of the barrel,I mean he's still Peyton Manning
laugh.gif
. He'll have some solid seasons and prob come pretty close to the passing records before he retires.

laugh.gif
Yikes...looking at that list and seeing all the good QBs around the league, you just have to cringe as a 49er fan. The 49ers really have to settle for Alex Smith?
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Best QB: Aaron Rodgers
Most overrated: Roethlisberger
Young QB joining elites: Bradford/Stafford/Freeman, but Bradford is gonna be good. And I really feel Andrew Luck, whenever he decides to go pro, could be like Aaron Rodgers in the pros (and he's even more pro-ready than Rodgers was), and this is coming from a Cal fan who hates Stanford.
Peyton will retain his form. The injury is more serious than just a minor thing, but it isn't something that will set him back. If the Colts really don't want him anymore and are scared of his injuries, the 49ers better be first in line to get him.

i think bradford is/will be good.. but he won't join the 'elites' until he gets better recievers..

they have some nice pieces.. i like amendola in the slot.. gibson is a solid 3rd/4th receiver.. i have no clue what to make of sims-walker

they really need to get him someone who can stretch the field and/or be the lead receiver in that group

Best QB - Rodgers

Overrated - Flacco. Still a good QB, but not that good.

Underrated - Fitzpatrick

Young QB to join elite - Matt Ryan

Manning back to form - Yes

Breakout year/Underappreciated - Tarvaris Jackson :/

Ben was called overrated so much a few years ago he somehow went to underrated. Reminds me of Terry B in that sense.

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Drew Brees
Michael Vick

(List without Peyton)

I like and agree with that list, but I don't think you can put Vick up with the elite unless he repeats this year, how he played last year.

He's probably headed that way, but to be elite you have to show more than one year.

Back
Top Bottom