***THE 2011 NFL QUARTERBACK THREAD*** (QBRs through week 9 pg. 16)

Originally Posted by dland24

I know Im in the minority here, but longterm, I think Sam Bradford > Matt Stafford.

I don't think your in the minority at all 
laugh.gif

My Guys:
Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Vick

Stafford

Cutler

Overrated:

Matt Ryan

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Ben was called overrated so much a few years ago he somehow went to underrated. Reminds me of Terry B in that sense.
i just don't see him as overrated. i don't think anyone puts him in that top tier with brady and manning and rodgers to begin with. it's not like people are saying big ben is 1b or 1c or 1d. but he is more than just a game manager or a check down king. the guy makes plays, and he wins. people seem to write off the game winning drive in the SB versus the cardinals because he hasn't been stellar in the playoffs. sure...his post season track record isn't great, but guess who else's track record isn't great in the post season. again, with ben, no one is saying he's a top 5 QB in the league. but top 10? i'd say so. imo, of course

- fact, not opinion

I agree. Big Ben is what we think he is. Nothing spectacular and not classified as elite, but he's very good and gets the job done.

Henzo - I hope that list is a projection of who think is elite this year because the last two especially aren't there yet. Completely disagree with Matt Ryan being overrated as well.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by dland24

I know Im in the minority here, but longterm, I think Sam Bradford > Matt Stafford.

I don't think your in the minority at all 
laugh.gif
The only reason that most people believe that is because of the injuries Stafford has had.  He isn't injury prone he just had some bad luck.  If any other qb in the league took those hits they would have been injured just the same.  Stafford has just as good an arm and better talent around him.  Until St. Louis brings in talented wr's and te's it is going to be Stafford>>>>Bradford.  And that will be proven on the field this year, Stafford is about to go off.

I think Stafford will have a more productive career than Bradford if both stay healthy and what not, but Bradford is still pretty darn good.

Originally Posted by henz0

My Guys:
Brady

Brees

Rodgers

Vick

Stafford

Cutler

Overrated:

Matt Ryan
cmon son, did you just really list cutler and stafford as "your guys" and leave out philip rivers and maybe even matt schaub.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

People who pay attention know how good Phil is.

Hes a beast... He needs a ring now tho.

He's not getting a ring in San Diego. Norv Turner will make sure of that.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Do you people not understand the term, "my guys?"

laugh.gif
 Exactly.
Completely disagree with Matt Ryan being overrated as well.

What has this guy really shown that has people thinking he's gonna be an ELITE QB?? Alotta people on here and analysts seem to think so.. I didnt see it.. I see him as nothing more as a game maanger, same level as Flacco 

I don't know if he meant "his guys" as in his favorite QB's or "his guys" as in that's his list as the top QB's. Either way, it's amazing that Stafford is THIS hyped after a damn Pre-Season.

Stafford is the next Peyton Manning. Get with the program homie!

jk. I am expecting big things but as a Lions fan I am surprised at the amount of people that are jumping on the Stafford bandwagon so soon.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I don't know if he meant "his guys" as in his favorite QB's or "his guys" as in that's his list as the top QB's. Either way, it's amazing that Stafford is THIS hyped after a damn Pre-Season.

Cmon son, I wouldnt be that stupid to have a list of TOP without Rivers being included
laugh.gif
I've been high on Stafford ever since he came in because when he's played he's put up #.. Havent even seen any preseason to be honest.. just hope he can stay healthy
tired.gif

I didn't see more than 5 snaps from stafford in preseason... I've been expecting him to blow up since last year but he needs to stay healthy

The hype surrounding Stafford was always quieted because of his injuries. There wasn't much sense talking about it, but everyone that saw the games he had new the kid could ball.

[font=Times New Roman, serif]Full write up was lost with transition from Yuku.[/font]

Last edited:

Stafford isnt hyped, everyone knows he's good and he's shown it every time he's played. He's just never been able to get a season in.
Question about the QB's in next years draft. How good is Matt Barkley? I havent seen much of him or USC ever since they got penalized. Is he really right behind Luck?

For my money, Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now. Even if Peyton was healthy. Right behind him is 2A Peyton & 2B Brady. I'm a Steeler fan, but Ben isn't in this class. Yes he's done well in the playoffs & got 2 rings, but he has awful mechanics that we really on display today (granted it was game #1 of the season). He throws off his back foot too much, doesn't sqaure his shoulders, & holds on to the ball too long. The Steeler OC Arians should have tutored him to get his fundamentals down but has refused to do so.

Getting back to Rodgers, younger QBs should really study this guy. He is so technically sound in every facet footwork, body, mechanics & he can get out the pocket too. This guy really impresses me  & the pack have built an awesome team. I love seeing teams that are run well have this type of success.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

No one should write that much on football without payment. Christ man. I mean seriously. Wow.

Jesus.

Start a blog at the least.

BTW, I was a Cam Newton hater but he got his life on today. He was a beast. He went up against a decent Arizona team & threw for over 400 yards. His game today illustrates why you can't judge anything about a team or player in preseason because Cam looked lost in the sauce during the preason. Always knew he had an arm but he threw so accurately today & to think he doesn't have as many weapons to get the ball to. It will be interesting to see how his career evolves...   

* sorry, didn't realize I typed 4000, meant over 400 yards...

Back
Top Bottom