The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

I hope that Luck goes to the Miami. My dad is a Phins fan and wish him some light at the end of the tunnel
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

I hope that Luck goes to the Miami. My dad is a Phins fan and wish him some light at the end of the tunnel
laugh.gif
shut up. they had their franchise QB for a good run a few years back. no more fun for them. im all for letting them win in week 16 if we have our spot locked up for january. let them drown for a few more years
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
shut up. they had their franchise QB for a good run a few years back. no more fun for them. im all for letting them win in week 16 if we have our spot locked up for january. let them drown
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
no way, i need someone to bust of the Pats D twice a year too! need to shut my brother up as hes a pats fan
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Also feel whoever takes Landry Jones high is playing with fire.
agree.. i have no clue if this dude will pan out..

how does everyone think matt barkley will turn out in the league?

EDIT:
i readily admit i very very rarely watch college Fball

how does everyone think matt barkley will turn out in the league?
I was hyped initially for this guy, and lately I've been cooling off.  I was watching some throws from him yesterday to try and see something, and admittedly he didn't look too bad.  I want to see a couple more games before I decide.  Before the year I was thinking he would be the Ryan Leaf #2 pick role, except good.  Now I'm wondering if it's just Woods makin him look good. 

Same with Foles, I read a lot of people liked him, and now he seems to be dropping by the minute. 

Casper, I have the Bears taking O-line first and second round for sure. 

Hank, no, no hats.  I try mixing and matching by tendancies too.  Like Dallas, I would think they need O-Line, but 2 years in a row, with Jerry? 
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
  So I went corner, thinking he would try to upgrade either Jenkins or Newman.  But with Baltimore, I do have them taking a corner, even though they took one last year.  They tend to get high value picks, usually on D to keep their biggest strength strong, so to speak.  Difference in how each franchise is run, ya know?  Same with Cleveland, my thinking was to fill the offense around McCoy, but who knows, by April, they may look to upgrade McCoy himself and get a QB.  Hard to say after only 6 weeks ya know? 

If I wanted to simply put the top 32 out, then I could just put what Kiper does and submit, but that's not what I'm trying to do, I'm trying to predict how things may shake out.  Like Philly drafting in the top 10, I don't really think that's going to be where they select come April. 
laugh.gif

And when it's all said and done, I am guessing that 5, maybe 6 QB's get snatched up in round 1.  It's not as costly now, I think teams will jump in sooner than usual to take even marginal guys, like a Foles. 

But hey, still a lot work to do, could be waaaaaay different come April. 

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif
shut up. they had their franchise QB for a good run a few years back. no more fun for them. im all for letting them win in week 16 if we have our spot locked up for january. let them drown for a few more years
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

What if Manning declares himself 100% before the draft and says to Indy management to not draft Luck because he isn't going anywhere for the remainder 4 yrs on his contract?

seems egotistical and not really something a guy with Manning's character would do, but what if...
Or he mentors him, Favre esque for 2 years.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

What if Manning declares himself 100% before the draft and says to Indy management to not draft Luck because he isn't going anywhere for the remainder 4 yrs on his contract?

seems egotistical and not really something a guy with Manning's character would do, but what if...
except Peyton would actually mentor him not hope he dies in a freak accident

Luck is ready to play now...He's about as complete a prospect you'd find going back to....I have no clue
laugh.gif
Anyways...Do you think a guy as competitive as he is would want to sit behind Manning for 3 seasons?  I wonder if he'd have the balls to say "no" to Indy (assuming they get the #1 overall).

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Luck is ready to play now...He's about as complete a prospect you'd find going back to....I have no clue
laugh.gif
Anyways...Do you think a guy as competitive as he is would want to sit behind Manning for 3 seasons?  I wonder if he'd have the balls to say "no" to Indy (assuming they get the #1 overall).

He would say No to Indy and say I dont want to sit on the bench for 3 years.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

He would say No to Indy and say I dont want to sit on the bench for 3 years.
Exactly.  Makes ZERO sense to have a guy like Luck sit for 2-3 years.  If Indy gets the #1, wait for the offers.  Folks will be willing to give up a RIDICULOUS amount to get the chance to draft him.  They can slide a little bit back and take a QB with one of their first round picks who would have no issue sitting and then taking the keys from Peyton. 

thing is Indy wont get that number 1. they got too many playmakers on that O to win less then 3 games. Now the Dolphins they in trouble they will be picking Luck. And he'll will step in a take the first snap, i bet that up.

Originally Posted by DrJDoc26

Is there a chance Luck wants to play in DC? Luck in the burgundy and gold?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Honestly at this point I don't think anyone in their right mind wants to play for Shanahan

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
What do the Skins have, 3 wins already? They won't come close to the #1 pick.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I don't think the Skins will end up w. the #1.  That being said, I can't see them giving up multiple picks to move up to take Luck.  This team has A LOT of holes...they can plug them by keeping their picks and looking to draft a QB later in round 1 or round 2

Back
Top Bottom