The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

I know that it is early, but this draft has a chance to be as good as the 99 Draft was.  This is also the first draft we will have under the new CBA where the rookie contracts are more manageable, which potentially could lead to a slew of draft trades as teams will no longer be afraid to move up into the top 5 for instance.  Back in the day, those trades would cost you 4-5 picks, AND 70 million dollars.  Now it will cost you picks, and you'll spend only 20-25 million.  It could get REAL interesting. 

The battle for the #1 pick will be almost as good as the battle for the Super Bowl. 
laugh.gif

I will update as often as possible, if anyone comes up with anything that they would like "saved" sort of, let me know and I will copy it here into the OP.  That way it's all easy to find and use.  If by draft time people are tired of this and want a newer cleaner thread, we can do that no problem, but for now we can track some of the top talent as we get closer.  I believe we are somewhere like 189 days til the Draft. 

As some of you know, I got a job writing for a DolphinsDraft site and have been going over stuff with a few others from other AFC East sites as well.  The head of it all runs the PatriotsDraft website and he placed #2 last year in terms of most accurate mock drafts.  He has all sorts of links/contacts that he uses.  I will use a lot of stuff from there and place it in here for you guys to see.  (mocks, reviews, etc) 

Some of the top prospects.  I'm listing Juniors and even Redshirt Sophomores if they might come out.  Certainly a few will drop out, I'll adjust at that time.  If you see any names missing that you feel need to be here, let know and I will add them.  Also position stuff, I have most LB's under the MLB name, but some may be OLB's, if you feel they need to be switched, let me know.  I know many of you will know better than I.

Spoiler [+]
[table][tr][td]QB[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford[/td][/tr][tr][td]Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Barkley, QB, USC[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB Robert Griffin III-Baylor[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nick Foles, QB, Arizona[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State[/td][/tr][tr][td]GJ Kinne, QB, Tulsa[/td][/tr][tr][td]BJ Coleman, QB, Chattanooga[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][/tr][tr][td]Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lamar Miller, RB, Miami *[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tauren Poole, RB, Tennessee[/td][/tr][tr][td]LaMichael James, RB, Oregon[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Cyrus Gray-Texas A&M[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Vick Ballard-Mississippi State[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Dan Herron-Ohio State[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Doug Martin-Boise State[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Isaiah Pead-Cincinnati[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Brandon Bolen-Ole Miss[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Lance Dunbar-North Texas[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Jason Ford-Illinois[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Marc Tyler-USC[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Jeff Demps-Florida[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Cierre Wood-Notre Dame[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Andre Ellington-Clemson[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB Bernard Pierce-Temple[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][/tr][tr][td]Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M[/td][/tr][tr][td]Juron Criner, WR, Arizona[/td][/tr][tr][td]Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas[/td][/tr][tr][td]Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR Dwight Jones-UNC[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR T.Y. Hilton-FIU[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR Joe Adams-Arkansas[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR Jermaine Kearse-Washington[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR Chris Owusu-Stanford[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR Brian Quick-Appalachian State[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR Derek Moye-Penn State[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR Jarrett Boykin-Virginia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR Chris Summers-Liberty[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR Mohamed Sanu-Rutgers[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR Russell Sheppard-LSU[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]TE[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE Dwayne Allen-Clemson[/td][/tr][tr][td]Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE Coby Fleener-Stanford[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE Ladarius Green-Louisiana-Lafayette[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE George Bryan-NC State[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE David Paulsen-Oregon[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE Orson Charles-Georgia[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE Jake Stoneburner-Ohio State[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]OT[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Kalil, OT, USC[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kelechi Osomele, OL, Iowa State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lucas Nix, OT, Pittsburgh[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Levy Adcock-Oklahoma State[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Senio Kelemete-Washington[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Bradley Sowell-Ole Miss[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Nate Potter-Boise State[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Blake DeChristopher-Virginia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Brandon Mosely-Auburn[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Mike Ryan-UConn[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Tom Compton-South Dakota[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Bobby Massie-Ole Miss[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Ricky Wagner-Wisconsin[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Xavier Nixon-Florida[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT Dallas Thomas-Tennessee[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]OG/C[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mike Brewster, OC, Ohio State[/td][/tr][tr][td]David DeCastro, OL, Stanford[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ben Jones, OL, Georgia[/td][/tr][tr][td]Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zebrie Sanders, OL, Florida State[/td][/tr][tr][td]OG Ryan Miller-Colorado[/td][/tr][tr][td]OG Amini Silatou-Midwestern State[/td][/tr][tr][td]OG Kevin Zeitler-Wisconsin[/td][/tr][tr][td]OG Matt Reynolds-BYU[/td][/tr][tr][td]OG Rishaw Johnson-California (Pa.)[/td][/tr][tr][td]OC Quinton Sualsberry-Mississippi State[/td][/tr][tr][td]OC Peter Konz-Wisconsin[/td][/tr][tr][td]OG Lane Taylor-Oklahoma State[/td][/tr][tr][td]OC Ben Habern-Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]DT[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska[/td][/tr][tr][td]Alameda Ta’amu, DT, Washington[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kheeston Randall, DL, Texas[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jerel Worthy, DL, Michigan State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brandon Thompson, DL, Clemson[/td][/tr][tr][td]Devon Still, DL, Penn State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tydreke Powell, DL, North Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT Billy Winn-Boise State[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT Josh Chapman-Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT Mike Martin-Michigan[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT Armond Armstead-USC[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT Jaye Howard-Florida[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT Kawan Short-Purdue[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT Marcus Fortson-Miami[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT Dontario Poe-Memphis[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]DE[/td][/tr][tr][td]Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall[/td][/tr][tr][td]Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andre Branch, DE, Clemson[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE Cam Johnson-Virginia[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE Vince Browne-Northwestern[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE Adrian Robinson-Temple[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE Julian Miller-West Virginia[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE Trevor Guyton-Cal[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE Frank Alexander-Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE Cameron Meredith-Nebraska[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]OLB[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]OLB Lavonte David-Nebraska[/td][/tr][tr][td]OLB Nigel Bradham-FSU[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]MLB[/td][/tr][tr][td]Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bruce Irvin, LB, West Virginia[/td][/tr][tr][td]Donta Hightower, LB, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Donte Paige-Moss, LB, North Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]Travis Lewis, LB, Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sean Spence, LB, Miami[/td][/tr][tr][td]ILB Audie Cole-NC State[/td][/tr][tr][td]ILB Jerry Franklin-Arkansas[/td][/tr][tr][td]ILB Tank Carder-TCU[/td][/tr][tr][td]ILB Korey Williams-Southern Miss[/td][/tr][tr][td]ILB Jonathan Massaquoi-Troy[/td][/tr][tr][td]ILB Shayne Skov-Stanford[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]CB[/td][/tr][tr][td]Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech[/td][/tr][tr][td]Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Greg Reid, CB, Florida State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia[/td][/tr][tr][td]Casey Heyward, CB, Vanderbilt[/td][/tr][tr][td]Shaun Prater, CB, Iowa[/td][/tr][tr][td]CB Coydell Judie-Texas A&M[/td][/tr][tr][td]CB Keith Tandy-West Virginia[/td][/tr][tr][td]CB Omar Bolden-Arizona State[/td][/tr][tr][td]CB Josh Robinson-UCF[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]S[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mark Barron, S, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kenny Tate, SS, Maryland[/td][/tr][tr][td]SS Ray Ray Armstrong-Miami[/td][/tr][tr][td]Micah Hyde, CB/S, Iowa[/td][/tr][tr][td]Robert Lester, S, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]FS George Iloka-Boise State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tysyn Hartman, S, Kansas St.[/td][/tr][tr][td]FS Trenton Robinson-Michigan State[/td][/tr][tr][td]SS Duke Ihenacho-San Jose State[/td][/tr][/table]

Temas with multiple First Round picks
NE, Clev, Cincy

Teams without a First Round pick
N.O., Oak, Atl

Underclassmen updates

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-nfl-draft-underclassmen-status/

Will get the final tally together after the 15th.

Draft Order
1.  Indy
2.  Stl
3.  Minn
4.  Clev
5.  TB
6.  Wash
7.  Jax
8.  Car*
8.  Mia*
10.  Buff
11.  KC*
11.  Sea*
13.  Ari
14.  Dal
15.  Phi
16.  NYJ
17.  Cinn    (from Oak)
18.  S.D.
19.  Chi
20.  Tenn
21.  Cinn
22.  Clev   (from Atl)
23.  Det
24.  Pitt
25.  Den
26.  Hou
27.  N.E. (from N.O.)
28.  G.B.
29.  Balt
30.  S.F.
31.  N.E.
32.  NYG

sanu-bowl.jpg

Get familiar
pimp.gif

Don't think he'll come out (you never know)...and call me crazy, but I think he'll make a better pro than Trent Richardson

miler3.jpg

Walter has gone mad... dude mocked RGIII to the Skins @ 11. 4 QB's in top 11. Def a trend that will happen because of new CBA. I'd rather go for it with a QB if the salary is locked in.

luck will pull a eli and say he wants to be a 49er

Spoiler [+]
i hope

eagles will have at least 12 picks (we have 11 presently.. and i assume we trade asante)..

so will be interesting to see what we do.. would love to get vontaze burfict (seems like alot of quality LBers will be in the draft)

and considering we have soo many picks, i wouldn't mind trying to get matt barkley too and trying to pull what GB did

I completely agree, this year there is going to be a ransom offered to the team that lands the number 1 pick. You have the perfect storm...franchise QB plus low guaranteed money. Gonna be interesting to track

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
pimp.gif

17 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks and three forced fumbles in seven games.

The Patriots guy that I alluded too, is ALL OVER this guy.  He has him going to the Patriots in some way, either they trade up, or simply wait and take him with one of their two picks. 
sick.gif

DoubleJ's, if Lamar declares, I'm blaming you.  I'm not kidding. 
indifferent.gif

Hank, Walter also has us taking Luck, and Allen in the second round, if that happens, I won't even make it to the 3rd round, I'd die of shock and happiness at one of our drafts. 

nice CP
pimp.gif

2 first round picks, again? damn, i am disappoint. was expecting we'd have 3 or 4 *shrugs*

maybe it's time to address that pash rush, bill...nahhhh lets trade down 3 times and pick up a couple first rounders in 2017 and let's grab another special teams ace
laugh.gif

it'll be interesting to see with the new CBA and rookie contracts if the pats are willing to pick (or god forbid move up) rather than trade down. i still expect them to make some moves and acquire future picks, but i think we may actually pick twice for in this first round.

Lamar Miller would be smart to declare this year.

Janzen Jackson surely picked a good year to %%## up in school
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Eli Luck is gonna end up on another team; Dolphins will get Barkley or Landry and some nice picks in a trade and I love the idiots picking Trent Richardson #1; no way in hell that happens.  I honestly think the Dolphins would be better trading for more picks and going with Landry; I think he will be an elite NFL QB.

I would be okay with the Eagles trading DeSean and taking Michael Floyd or Justin Blackmon and a LB such as Manti Te'o who can take over the middle as a rookie.

Seeing how we're going to go 0-16, I need to figure out who will be picked 1st in every round of the '12 draft.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Eli Luck is gonna end up on another team; Dolphins will get Barkley or Landry and some nice picks in a trade and I love the idiots picking Trent Richardson #1; no way in hell that happens.  I honestly think the Dolphins would be better trading for more picks and going with Landry; I think he will be an elite NFL QB.

I would be okay with the Eagles trading DeSean and taking Michael Floyd or Justin Blackmon and a LB such as Manti Te'o who can take over the middle as a rookie.

Who exactly is saying Richardson is going #1 overall?  Unless you got the skillset of a guy like AD, I wouldn't waste a top-10 pick on a RB....you can get value at that position MUCH later in the draft. 

*I think Richardson would be an amazing fit on either the Bengals or Packers

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Who exactly is saying Richardson is going #1 overall?  Unless you got the skillset of a guy like AD, I wouldn't waste a top-10 pick on a RB....you can get value at that position MUCH later in the draft. 

*I think Richardson would be an amazing fit on either the Bengals or Packers

I've seen some mocks around the internet with him going #1; Trent Richardson will be a Bengal IMO so they owe the Raiders a nice thank you card.

And with the first pick of the NFL 2012 draft the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck.
pimp.gif

He'll probably pull an Eli though
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
nerd.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JT AIR JT

And with the first pick of the NFL 2012 draft the Indianapolis Colts select Andrew Luck.
pimp.gif

He'll probably pull an Eli though
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
nerd.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif
Colts will probably beat Jacksonville once, and there are a couple other winnable games.

Draft order will be 1.) Dolphins, 2.) Colts, 3.) Broncos, 4.) Chiefs

Back
Top Bottom