The 2014 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

@WojYahooNBA Los Angeles, Brooklyn have discussed Jordan Hill deal into the Nets' Disabled Player Exception, league sources tell Yahoo.
@https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA Nets have until March 10 to use $5.25M DPE for Brook Lopez injury. With tax hit on Hill $3.5M deal, cost to Nets: $17M. Not an easy sell.
@NotoriousOHM Team sources confirm @WojYahooNBA report on Nets and Lakers discussing deal for Jordan Hill for Disabled Player Exception

Last edited:
If a minor deal is out there to be made, do not be surprised if Jerryd Bayless and his $3.1 million expiring contract are moved for a player like Detroit's Will Bynum who makes about $2.79 million less than Bayless but has one year remaining on his current deal with the Pistons.

Ainge loves what Bayless can do, but the idea of getting further under the luxury tax is even more appealing than keeping him. You can't really fault Ainge for feeling that way when you consider the Celtics are most likely going to be among the bottom-10 teams in the league this year and yet the teams' payroll will stack among the league's top-10.
Link

would gladly do it, dont care for Bynum anymore

Someone please take Pau!

Also, I hope the 76'ers make a move to acquire some more picks. Tanking and having multiple picks (which they already do) >>>>> 

Hoping my Suns can do something...hearing rumblings of Luol Deng? Could be (probably is) a bunch of BS.

Sources: T'wolves, Grizzlies discuss deal that includes Chase Budinger and Tayshaun Prince

The Memphis Grizzlies are discussing a deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves centered on forward Chase Budinger and guard J.J. Barea, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Memphis wants to include forward Tayshaun Prince into the package and the deal could be expanded to include guard Tony Allen, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Components of a proposed deal are still fluid.

Memphis has been furiously trying to unload Prince and the remaining $7.2 million (2013-'14) and $7.7 million (2014-'15) on his contract, league sources said.

Minnesota general manager Flip Saunders is believed to want to add defensive toughness to his roster, and that would make Allen a natural to fill the Wolves' void.

Budinger, 25, missed much of the early season recovering from knee surgery, and has averaged six points in 17.7 minutes per game this season.

Barea, 29, is averaging 8.7 points in 18 minutes per game this season.
Link

Turner, Thad and Hawes would all be huge additions to any contending team. Turner would be the absolute perfect fit next to Durant and Westbrook in OKC...I don't know what they have that we would really want though. Maybe Lamb and something else. Thad on the Spurs would be HUGE. Rockets should be making a play for Hawes....great fit next to Dwight and wouldn't cost them that much.

I disagree, too ball dominant of a scorer. Of the oft rumored targets out there, I like Afflalo more because you can put him in the corner while KD/Russ dominate the ball but then he costs too much. Nobody coming in here is going to be handling the ball much, even in our 2nd unit Reggie dominates the ball too much

Last edited:
Don't think harden and rondo would be a good match.. Rondo has to have the ball to be effective.. And a big part of harden's game is having the ball

Curry is probably the best offensive match for harden.. But neither would play any defense

Melo is the best bet for Houston.. Could play some 4 and 5.. Harden and Lin/bev take the ball out of his hands, so things don't get clogged (like Melo has a tendency to do)

Turner, Thad and Hawes would all be huge additions to any contending team. Turner would be the absolute perfect fit next to Durant and Westbrook in OKC...I don't know what they have that we would really want though. Maybe Lamb and something else. Thad on the Spurs would be HUGE. Rockets should be making a play for Hawes....great fit next to Dwight and wouldn't cost them that much.

I disagree, too ball dominant of a scorer. Of the oft rumored targets out there, I like Afflalo more because you can put him in the corner while KD/Russ dominate the ball but then he costs too much. Nobody coming in here is going to be handling the ball much, even in our 2nd unit Reggie dominates the ball too much

Yup

I can see where you're coming from. Afflalo would be awesome there but with the season he's having who knows what type of package the Magic would want for him. Thundercwould be title favorites if they got him and Westbrook stays healthy.

Don't think harden and rondo would be a good match.. Rondo has to have the ball to be effective.. And a big part of harden's game is having the ball

Curry is probably the best offensive match for harden.. But neither would play any defense

Melo is the best bet for Houston.. Could play some 4 and 5.. Harden and Lin/bev take the ball out of his hands, so things don't get clogged (like Melo has a tendency to do)

i don't see any scenario in which we trade for melo considering we'd have to move asik and lin and adding melo wouldn't fill all the holes we have.

if asik is healthy, he's our backup big, and i firmly believe all we need is a 3D guy or 2 off the bench with this team.

if we can somehow turn a combination of

donatas motiejunas
francisco garcia
omri casspi
greg smith

into a pj tucker/shump/name SF that can defend 1-4 and shoot the 3, i think we are a championship caliber team (excluding our blockhead coach)

He can't defend like Thabo though. I'm fine with just standing pat unless someone wants to just make an incredibly lopsided deal in our favor. Small deals like Dunleavy, Meaks, maybe Jimmer, who are rumored to be available for just a combo of 2nd rd picks or something would be all I'd pursue if I'm Presti. We got Russ coming back Thursday, that's like a blockbuster trade in itself

Back
Top Bottom