THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

derozan is that dude at what exactly? what's one thing that he does really well?

I'd take Derozan in a heartbeat. 

He has plenty of room for growth.

Everything he needs, can be added. He has the things that not everyone can get with hours upon hours of work.

Good sized SG as well, and he moves to the right spots on Defense without thinking to much about it.

IN.

I don't look at Derozan as a star, but he's definitely a good piece to the puzzle in the right situation.

The Raptors are looking for him to a #1/2 option, he's never been that.

Derozan is not the problem IMO good player

They should look at Terrence Ross role on the team and even keep a eye on Kyle Lowry if anything

Last edited:

thing about that statement is that it's false. To avoid, is an act. They didn't avoid anyone, they just played whom they played. They had no influence over what happened with the thunder not making the 8th spot, or cp3 hitting the gamewinner over duncan or the clippers giving up a 3-1 lead. They played and beat who the bracket said was next. They can't be punished for that.

derozan is that dude at what exactly? what's one thing that he does really well?
so we just gonna deny his ability to score the rock? Not the most efficient obviously. Any guy who can consistently score 20 in this league is valuable on most teams. Period.

Nah B you're trippin Derozan is that dude. He was killing prior to the injury. Their coach just needs to do a better job of meshing Lowry and Derozan together. I agree DeRozans shot selection may not be the best, but he is a really great player.
You can't be "great" and shoot 28% from deep as a starting NBA 2 guard. He brings nothing to the table besides scoring and he's not even that great doing that.

I'll never understand the fascination with dudes like him and Nick Young. They are volume scorers who are one trick ponies.

Derozan was 7th on the team in win shares this past season. That is beyond pathetic for what's supposed to be one of your top 2 guys.
what is a win share. I blame your wack coach honestly. They have all shoot 1st players in their backcourt outside Vasquez. Derozan is a valuable volume shooting guy. Like mentioned above, any guy who can consistently score 20 a game in this league is valuable. Now is he a valuable 1 or 2 option? maybe not. But I guarantee you weren't saying he was trash before the injury when you guys were 1st in the east but imma leave that alone

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't be "great" and shoot 28% from deep as a starting NBA 2 guard. He brings nothing to the table besides scoring and he's not even that great doing that.

I'll never understand the fascination with dudes like him and Nick Young. They are volume scorers who are one trick ponies.

Derozan was 7th on the team in win shares this past season. That is beyond pathetic for what's supposed to be one of your top 2 guys.
Nick Young is nowhere near as skilled as Demar 

On the bright side, if Derozan has as much perceived value as some posters feel than Toronto should get something decent in return.

so we just gonna deny his ability to score the rock? Not the most efficient obviously. Any guy who can consistently score 20 in this league is valuable on most teams. Period.

W t f is a win share. I blame your wack *** coach honestly. They have all shoot 1st players in their backcourt outside Vasquez. Derozan is a valuable volume shooting guy. Like mentioned above, any guy who can consistently score 20 a game in this league is valuable. Now is he a valuable 1 or 2 option? maybe not. But I guarantee you weren't saying he was trash before the injury when you guys were 1st in the east but imma leave that alone

you are severely overrating the ability to score 20 points per game. How you get that 20 and what impact it has on your teams overall success and how they play is what's important. Also...how can you be a shooting guard...and not be able to shoot? Please explain to me how it's the coache's fault that Josh Smith is a better long range shooter than Derozan.

I've been calling for them ship Derozan out for a few years now so I'm not sure how you're "guaranteeing" that I wasn't.

W t f is a win share. I blame your wack *** coach honestly. They have all shoot 1st players in their backcourt outside Vasquez. Derozan is a valuable volume shooting guy. Like mentioned above, any guy who can consistently score 20 a game in this league is valuable. Now is he a valuable 1 or 2 option? maybe not. But I guarantee you weren't saying he was trash before the injury when you guys were 1st in the east but imma leave that alone

you are severely overrating the ability to score 20 points per game. How you get that 20 and what impact it has on your teams overall success and how they play is what's important. Also...how can you be a shooting guard...and not be able to shoot? Please explain to me how it's the coache's fault that Josh Smith is a better long range shooter than Derozan.

I've been calling for them ship Derozan out for a few years now so I'm not sure how you're "guaranteeing" that I wasn't.

@Osh Kosh Bosh is that you?

I'd take Demar in DC as a starting swingman.

Run and gun. Would match our offense well

Nick Young is nowhere near as skilled as Demar 

At least Nick Young can actually shoot over 30% from deep. I'll take that over whatever "skill" you seem to think Derozan has that is so valuable.

it basically comes back to what we were saying about JR.

if you have a skill and you don't use it or you don't use it efficiently, then it's the same as not having the skill at all.

David lee and the warriors mutually agree to seek out trades. Where do you think he will / should land?

The Raptors need a number one option and Demar is clearly not that guy. They are mediocre and will stay that way with him and Lowry. Where is that team going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom