2024 NBA Draft Thread

Zion will be a bust.
I'm playing. But he will be a project and I wish people would stop comparing him to Bron. He's an undersized big that can't shoot.

Cam Reddish is going to be the best NBA player of the 3 Duke guys.

Rui Hachimura-San is going to be Otto Porter 2.0. Not a bad thing at all. Make shots and play good, versatile defense.

I haven’t seen anything about Quentin Grimes that I like. Nassir Little doesn’t do it for me either.

Top 5

1. I was the first on Rui's train, therefore I get to take any credit if he pans out to be more than a high level role player. He gonna lead the way for more Asians coming over
2. I've viewed RJ Barrett as a potential Rich Man's Jalen Rose
3. This class aint built like the past 2
4. P C H P C H 's boy Porter is def trying to be Harden, it'll be interesting to see how he fares at SC
5. Can Naz Reid play any defense? His offense looks hilariously out of place i.e. a big shouldn't be able to pull off dribble moves/shots like that

Top 5

1. I was the first on Rui's train, therefore I get to take any credit if he pans out to be more than a high level role player. He gonna lead the way for more Asians coming over
2. I've viewed RJ Barrett as a potential Rich Man's Jalen Rose
3. This class aint built like the past 2
4. P C H P C H 's boy Porter is def trying to be Harden, it'll be interesting to see how he fares at SC
5. Can Naz Reid play any defense? His offense looks hilariously out of place i.e. a big shouldn't be able to pull off dribble moves/shots like that

Underlined for emphasis. I like RJ and Zion, but at the top of the draft in the lottery? Eh.

I'm iffy on Naz Reid too.

Checkout Rui’s game against Australia.
Delly and Thon played for them.

Those are some low impressions of Barrett... I thought everyone loved him
I wrote this in the NBA thread about him, but I think that the combo of high level athleticism and ultra competitiveness can get you very far pre-NBA. I mentioned Josh Jackson who was also a top 3 and at times the #1 player in his HS class that had those same traits. He was very, very good in college. Once you hit the league though, the playing field is a bit different and is more skill-driven. RJ’s jumper looks a bit quirky and his handle is loose.

Watanabe and Rui hopefully spur an uptick in Asians coming over. Even if it's just a handful in the next decade, it's always better when there's diversity
A lot of the reasons why Asians don’t come over is that many of them arent that good.
Especially homegrown talents. Most of the good asians grew up and played in the states.

Well the biggest prospect in my home country hes 16 just signed an endorsement deal. That will probably kill any hopes of D1 he does have multiple offers in Europe.

Everything's still in the embryonic stages. Wantanabe was the first Native Japanese to get a D1 scholarship

Although you bring up a good point, some or many of these exceptional prospects may not have any interest in the NCAA or maybe even trying to get into the NBA

Back
Top Bottom