2024 NBA Draft Thread

In a draft where there is probably only a couple guys with legit star potential, if I don't have a chance at them, I want to take the best possible role guy I can get. If teams do their evaluations and think Hunter is that guy, why shouldn't he go in the 4-5 range?

Honestly ive grown partial to projected high level role players

On culver, he certainly has the potential to be a #1 but realistically I see him as 2

Bad shots. He really showed poor decision making and lack of killer intangibles tonight.

Yeah but he won’t drop that far based on that. He still had people saying he was better than Barrett up until this game. Now we’re talking about playoff teams being able to draft him? I don’t think that’s what’ll happen.

Yeah but he won’t drop that far based on that. He still had people saying he was better than Barrett up until this game. Now we’re talking about playoff teams being able to draft him? I don’t think that’s what’ll happen.

Too bad for whichever GM reaches for that project. I’m not sold on Barrett either. I think both are 4th options, maybe 6th-8th man, on 8th seeds in the West, 4-5 seeds in the East.

Too bad for whichever GM reaches for that project. I’m not sold on Barrett either. I think both are 4th options, maybe 6th-8th man, on 8th seeds in the West, 4-5 seeds in the East.
What kind of distinctions are these even? :lol:

Has the Giannas comparison fared well for anyone? Feel like they've hurt Rui more than anything. I don't see why he's mocked so far behind Culver/Hunter?

And has Bazley gained anything from that internship, but that Mil from NB? Could have been a first rounder.

You mean Giannis as a comp for rui?

Rui reminds me more of a throw back, he’s slower footed and his shot isn’t a sure thing. I see him as another potential high level role player

Don't really see an issue taking Hunter over Culver. They'll both go somewhere between 4-8.

You mean Giannis as a comp for rui?

Rui reminds me more of a throw back, he’s slower footed and his shot isn’t a sure thing. I see him as another potential high level role player

Yea', but isn't that what Culver/Hunter are seen as? I think he's had a comparative, if not better season than the two, and he's iut of the lotto in some mocks

Rui is going to have to become a consistent 3pt shooter in order to be on Hunter's level of a prospect, IMO.

Culver's shooting mechanics need some cleaning up and he doesn’t need to be somewhere that he’s a primary ball handler.

Would love the fit next to Luka in Dallas.

He's got some skills, and he's a damn good looking defender.

this whole time I thought Culver was 6'8. Hunter towered over him physically was a big difference.

Hunter locked Culver up, homeboy couldn't get a legit shot off. I missed everything after the 5 min and OT.

I said it a long time ago but Hunter gives me a very very poor, I mean gutta kawhi type. I can see him strapping up and being able to shot off.

like Matta said tho Kawhi was blessed to go to the spurs where he could grow and develop with no pressure.

I said it a long time ago but Hunter gives me a very very poor, I mean gutta kawhi type. I can see him strapping up and being able to shot off.
On defense he definitely gives me that vibe. Not sure if he'll be half as good, but he's probably further along than Kawhi was offensively at this stage. There were worries that Kawhi was a "tweener" (not even relevant in this era) and was really a 4 in a 3s body.

Back
Top Bottom