2024 NBA Draft Thread

From now on I’m gonna compare every prospect between 6’7-6’9 with no star potential but may be a solid role player to the Morris Twins.

Marcus/Markieff idc. Still can’t tell the difference sometimes.

I could see that, with the whole positionless thing. If you’re not really good at anything and super inconsistent then you’re a tweener forward. **** it :lol:

But you can be a really good defender at 6-5 like PJ Tucker, who might be an all defensive player. And then there’s Draymond.

What position does Shaun Livingston play? Iguodala? What position does Giannis play?

Those are all outliers though. There are plenty of things Draymond is good at. Giannis is great at damn near everything. Iguodala is good at multiple things and found himself a solid role in the league. Livingston too. Can throw Gallo in there too.

I’m talking about the other 90%. The Anthony Bennett’s, Jeff Greens, Anthony Randolph’s, MPJ, Austin Daye, the list goes on. The amount of these type of guys drafted in the lottery that aren’t good at anything really, far exceed the success stories.

Kevin Knox about to be another one in the inconsistent not really good at anything tweener category.

Those are all outliers though. There are plenty of things Draymond is good at. Giannis is great at damn near everything. Iguodala is good at multiple things and found himself a solid role in the league. Livingston too. Can throw Gallo in there too.

I’m talking about the other 90%. The Anthony Bennett’s, Jeff Greens, Anthony Randolph’s, MPJ, Austin Daye, the list goes on. The amount of these type of guys drafted in the lottery that aren’t good at anything really, far exceed the success stories.

Kevin Knox about to be another one in the inconsistent not really good at anything tweener category.
Who’s MPJ?

Has nothing to do with them being tweeners. It's because they weren't good enough :lol:

Your correlations are based on height, not on guys that just can’t make it in the league. Are you off rim protectors because Robert swift, saer sene and thabeett couldn’t make it? Cause then you wouldn’t have been cool with picking Mitchell Robinson

The draft is a crap shoot. Bagley was “a tweener” and he’s been balling.

Yea', but isn't that what Culver/Hunter are seen as? I think he's had a comparative, if not better season than the two, and he's iut of the lotto in some mocks
Culver should be seen as a granger type (but not his floor) caliber player with potential for even better

Hunter is seen as a high level role player 3 and d versatile defender. His shot isn’t a sure thing and hopefully won’t end up as the defensive version of Solomon hill

this whole time I thought Culver was 6'8. Hunter towered over him physically was a big difference.

Hunter locked Culver up, homeboy couldn't get a legit shot off. I missed everything after the 5 min and OT.

I said it a long time ago but Hunter gives me a very very poor, I mean gutta kawhi type. I can see him strapping up and being able to shot off.

like Matta said tho Kawhi was blessed to go to the spurs where he could grow and develop with no pressure.
There’s been articles saying culver is taller than 6’6, I’d be surprised if he measured anything less than 6’7 without shoes

6’7-6-9 3 and D guys who can defend multiple positions are the most valuable role players

6’7-6-9 3 and D guys who can defend multiple positions are the most valuable role players
Very, very valuable.

Culver defensively will be able to switch 1-4 most nights with success. If you can clean up his shooting mechanics, he's not a bad shooter. Will only get better.

Deandre Hunter's the same mold for me. Really, really similar.

Neither guy needs to be in a place from Day 1 where the expectation is they're offense generating shot creators. Just not their games.

Culver projects to be an offensive generator much more than hunter. I think they are very different types of prospects

Culver compares to Evan Turner on Kenpom.

Just playing devils advocate here. Better chance the shot is figured out

From now on I’m gonna compare every prospect between 6’7-6’9 with no star potential but may be a solid role player to the Morris Twins.

Marcus/Markieff idc. Still can’t tell the difference sometimes.
Pretty sure I compared Rui to them in here a few months ago.

Don’t think everyone that fits that bill should be compared to them though :lol:

Also have no clue why Philly gave up Bridges :smh:

Really wish they didn’t but at the time they were thinking Zhaire and Bridges were the same level of player and they got the Heat’s unprotected first rounder as an asset in the deal that was able to land them Jimmy.

Back
Top Bottom