2024 NBA Draft Thread

Herro is a top ten pick to me maybe higher.

Plus shooters who are solid athletes, play solid D and can be secondary ball handlers are a very valuable archetype.

This draft sucks and he seems like one of the surest things to me as a contributor.

Herro is a top ten pick to me maybe higher.

Plus shooters who are solid athletes, play solid D and can be secondary ball handlers are a very valuable archetype.

This draft sucks and he seems like one of the surest things to me as a contributor.
For sure he is a high skill guy with his shooting and you never will question his competitiveness. He’s athletic enough to be effective in the NBA, but he is limited getting his own off the dribble. He’ll need some scheming like JJ gets. Although has something JJ doesn’t. If he gets a smaller player on him he can bully him in the midrange and elevate over him. But he has some big stones in high pressure situations. Can’t see him having a game like Harris the other night missing wide open looks because the stage is too big.

For sure he is a high skill guy with his shooting and you never will question his competitiveness. He’s athletic enough to be effective in the NBA, but he is limited getting his own off the dribble. He’ll need some scheming like JJ gets. Although has something JJ doesn’t. If he gets a smaller player on him he can bully him in the midrange and elevate over him. But he has some big stones in high pressure situations. Can’t see him having a game like Harris the other night missing wide open looks because the stage is too big.

You right. He’s def more athletic than Harris. How is he on defense though?

You right. He’s def more athletic than Harris. How is he on defense though?
Aggressive. He gambles a lot. He is not going to lock anyone down, but he finds a way to be around the ball and make plays if that makes sense.

Wouldn’t say he’s an amazing passer, but he’s adequate. Biggest issue for him will be what team he lands on. SA, Mil, GS, teams that get their shooters good looks he will flourish. Like he said himself, he’s a bucket.:lol:

If he is on a team that just depends on the players to outathlete the other team it will be rough for him. Portland, Orl, Sac, etc would be tough fits.

Aggressive. He gambles a lot. He is not going to lock anyone down, but he finds a way to be around the ball and make plays if that makes sense.

Wouldn’t say he’s an amazing passer, but he’s adequate. Biggest issue for him will be what team he lands on. SA, Mil, GS, teams that get their shooters good looks he will flourish. Like he said himself, he’s a bucket.:lol:

If he is on a team that just depends on the players to outathlete the other team it will be rough for him. Portland, Orl, Sac, etc would be tough fits.

Sixers as a possible JJ replacement would be a great fit.

Do you think he’ll last all the way til like 24 for them?
I thought going into the season he'd be a late first rounder. As the season went on mid-twenties was looking right. But he is such a competitive and confident player that workouts will most likely push him into mid to late lottery. I can't see him doing anything but thriving in those circumstances which will boost his draft stock. He has the most sought after skill in the current NBA and he's not afraid to sling it. He can finish in traffic with either hand, midrange in traffic is solid and he has a stroke from deep. Best scenario for him is a place he doesn't have to put it on the deck a whole lot even though he has a handle. Think Klay. Get the ball in your spots and rise up. Really doesn't matter where same as Klay.

Richardson was a pretty decent second rounder and Adebayo's starting now and would be a top-10 redraft, if we did one now

Someone explain taking Cam Reddish over Herro to me....

I get it, but there is just as much an argument for Herro being a better prospect.

Herro has an all-star ceiling to me. I like Huerter a lot last year, but Herro is a better prospect at this point in time than he was last year. May not be the shooter that Huerter is but would say he does everything else better as a freshman.

Bigger point is, after those first three picks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No real right order.

When I look at Reddish, I see bad on offense, high turnovers, low assists.

39% from 2
33% from 3
51% at the rim

Reddish certainly has a higher ceiling than Herro but Herro has a far higher floor.

Reddish was awful this year. He absolutely has physical gifts that will get him drated but there is a good chance that he just stinks and never really ends up more than being a Jeff Green who hangs around the league cause of his attributes but never actually contributes much to winning basketball.

Reddish could be a solid defender right out of the gate, which I think is appealing. A lot of his offense just seems like potential though at this point.

Huerter is a bouncier athlete than Herro on top of being a better shooter and ball handler as well, IMO. While Huerter is taller, it actually looks like Herro has a bigger wingspan.

They are a similar archetype though. Knockdown shooting and above average athleticism is what the league is all about.

Back
Top Bottom