2024 NBA Draft Thread

He only gets comp'd to Chuck because of size. It's easy... But I don't get Julius Randle... If he turned into what Blake Griffin looks like when he's healthy, that seems to me like it'd be an ideal outcome...

I don't know that I really see him ever being the best player on a great team.

He usually does 3 different levels of player for each prospect. Don't really have too many gripes with what he wrote. Who did you want him to say?

I'm hating on him. I just thought the Julius Randle comp would be good fuel for the conversation here.

I think the Blake comp is the closest one. He's already much more well-rounded than Blake was coming into the league. I think Zion has the playmaking ability in him that we are seeing from current Blake. Just needs to keep working on that jumper.

wonder if he plays summer league this year cuz my company does marketing for the event

:nerd::nerd::nerd: flip them *****es

Nuggets dont have any picks so I can spend all my time on how bad the Hornets will **** this pick up :lol: :lol: :smh:

They love college players and are gonna put all their eggs in the Brandon Clarke basket, when they already got Bridges/Bacon in the fold. Hornets are the only team that drafts low ceiling/high floor players and they never hit their floor.

If they gonna miss on the safe players they might as well draft boom/bust prospects

Last edited:
Nuggets dont have any picks so I can spend all my time on how bad the Hornets will **** this pick up :lol: :lol: :smh:

They love college players and are gonna put all their eggs in the Brandon Clarke basket, when they already got Bridges/Bacon in the fold. Hornets are the only team that drafts low ceiling/high floor players and they ever hit their floor.

If they gonna miss on the safe players they might as well draft boom/bust prospects

Yep.

He only gets comp'd to Chuck because of size. It's easy... But I don't get Julius Randle... If he turned into what Blake Griffin looks like when he's healthy, that seems to me like it'd be an ideal outcome...

I don't know that I really see him ever being the best player on a great team.
I told yall last summer why the Julius comparison was made. :lol:

I think the Blake comp is the closest one. He's already much more well-rounded than Blake was coming into the league. I think Zion has the playmaking ability in him that we are seeing from current Blake. Just needs to keep working on that jumper.
Hes definitely ahead of where Blake was at this stage in terms of development...

I could 100% be wrong, but I struggle with figuring out how he functions in the half court early on. He just never looks like he’s in a rhythm in a half court set. He’s not a great shooter. He’s a hell of a bully, but he’s not super fluid with his back to the rim either.

Hes definitely ahead of where Blake was at this stage in terms of development...

I could 100% be wrong, but I struggle with figuring out how he functions in the half court early on. He just never looks like he’s in a rhythm in a half court set. He’s not a great shooter. He’s a hell of a bully, but he’s not super fluid with his back to the rim either.

I thought something similar about Marvin Bagley and he ended up putting up 15 per on the season.

Sac played ridiculously fast this season. New Orleans did too. He's going to eat so much from running the floor, anything he gets in the half court is a plus.

Perhaps I am misremembering, but I was highly confident Blake Griffin coming into the league was going to be a multi-time All Star and franchise player.

I'm not quite as confident in Zion.

Not sure how Coby White could be a lock for the top 10 and Shamorie Ponds have a floor as a second rounder at the same time

What does Coby even do well?

He'll function in the halfcourt just like everyone's hated comp of Julius Randle. Bull in Chyna shop with crazy motor.

He actually does move well without the ball and is an intelligent cutter. Jrue should not have a hard time getting him easy looks in the halfcourt.

The ringer mocks are out
https://nbadraft.theringer.com/?_ga...YDBkpfcD9YAgUSDzU-st9wwxb9EneykJSpIP-RYrTdaDz

:lol: @ Zion's player comparisons. The writer has to be a NTer

Here are some other Ringer draft comps for reference
Screenshot_20190521-001009_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190521-000925_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190521-000846_Chrome.jpg

Not sure how Coby White could be a lock for the top 10 and Shamorie Ponds have a floor as a second rounder at the same time

Man I'm super low on Coby. I don't get it either. Lowkey feel like it's cause he's 6'5. I had no idea he was that tall. He certainly doesn't look or play the part

Like Shamorie a lot from a skills standpoint but his decision-making and defense are extremely bad

While I agree that I have been surprised at the mocks and where Coby falls, the kid is a straight up GAMER. Big time shot maker, not afraid of the moment, and SPEED SPEED SPEED. He straight TOOK OVER certain games this year, including against "elite defenders" like Tre Jones. Needs to work on his handle a little bit, and work on his defense, but even taking away my UNC bias......that kid can play on my team anytime.

I'm not in here saying he's going to be an All Star or anything like that, but that kid is a gamer. The things you're saying about him now are the same things cats was saying about him the summer before his freshman year. Then after the USA team he played on, numerous coaches and players said "wow....had no idea he had it like that"

Back
Top Bottom