2024 NBA Draft Thread

I mean to be fair, what are we seeing from Garland that is making him a clear cut better prospect than White? He shot better in 5 games against Winthrop, USC, Alcorn St, Liberty, and Kent St? I don't really look at either player as some fantastic facilitator.

I like Garland but it definitely seems like he’s benefitted from some savvy marketing as soon as pre-draft started.
Yeah I'm not even saying that he isn't necessarily the better prospect. Could just be folks figuring out that a lot of dudes in this draft can't shoot well, and they are placing a lot of value on the idea that he can.

White passes mostly all the analytics tests. Spot up shooting especially

For whatever reason I question how his shift will translate as well as his shooting. He’s been scoring his whole prep career tho.. idk the eye test for me favors garland

Garland has real questions outside of even his knee. He’s small and i think it’s fair to wonder about his finishing

Who got the latest mock draft from Givony?
NBA mock draft: Latest intel on all 60 picks for 2019
play

ESPN NBA draft analyst Mike Schmitz breaks down why Darius Garland could be the next Damian Lillard. (1:34)

7:21 AM ET
  • i

Jonathan GivonyESPN
Editor's note (June 17): This mock draft has been updated with the latest intel.

With the 2019 NBA draft (Thursday, 7 p.m. ET on ESPN) approaching, what are the likely picks in both rounds?

All 30 teams will spend the next few days digging deep into this class with background reports, medical examinations, interviews, trade talks and last-minute live workouts before ultimately finalizing their draft boards in the lead-up to making their selections.

In the meantime, we'll attempt to break down how the draft might shape up with our latest mock. Here are our new projections.

More: Top 100 rankings | Scouting videos

1. New Orleans Pelicans
i

Zion Williamson
Duke
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 272

Williamson emerged as both the best player in college basketball and the best long-term prospect in this draft class the moment he stepped onto the court for Duke, making him the easy choice as the No. 1 pick. We've never seen a prospect quite like him in terms of his combination of productivity, athleticism, competitiveness, skill and feel for the game -- not to mention the sheer star power he'll bring.

The big question now is how New Orleans will build around Williamson moving forward. Jrue Holiday, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart make up a strong group following the Anthony Davis trade, and the Pelicans might make more moves with the No. 4 pick.

Full scouting report

2. Memphis Grizzlies
i

Ja Morant
Murray State
G

Height: 6-foot-3 | Weight: 170

Morant's emergence from no-name high school recruit to NCAA tournament darling was one of the better stories of the college basketball season. He is one of the best athletes in this draft. He is a highly creative and ambidextrous passer who should fit into the NBA game seamlessly with his ability to navigate pick-and-rolls and make plays in the open floor. He is a better shooter than he gets credit for, though his casual approach to defense and decision-making sometimes works against him.

Memphis' ownership group didn't waste any time after the NBA combine in informing interested parties that it intended to select Morant, although the front office has attempted to walk that back by inviting RJ Barrett in for a private workout, something he has so far declined. Morant is ahead of Barrett on most NBA boards, and trading incumbent point guard Mike Conley won't prove too difficult considering his productivity, even if the two can likely play together in an undersized backcourt until Morant is ready to fully take the reins of the franchise.

Full scouting report

3. New York Knicks
i

RJ Barrett
Duke
G/F

Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 208

Barrett broke Duke and ACC freshman scoring records while being named a consensus first-team All-American, even if he was lost in the shadow of Williamson at times. Barrett emerged as Duke's full-time playmaker as the season moved on, showing impressive passing ability operating out of pick-and-rolls, something that will serve him well in the NBA once he is surrounded by better shooters. He was inconsistent from the perimeter, he demonstrated questionable decision-making and shot selection at times, and he wasn't the defender his physical tools suggest he should have been at the college level.

The presumptive No. 1 pick going into the season, Barrett is one of the few players in this draft who can embrace the spotlight of Madison Square Gardenand is actually a very good fit for the Knicks' roster. He'll be able to shoulder significant ballhandling duties if the Knicks decide to continue to rebuild slowly through the draft, but he also could play with a star free agent.

Full scouting report

4. New Orleans Pelicans (via Lakers)
i

Jarrett Culver
Texas Tech
G

Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 194

If the Pelicans keep this pick, it will likely come down to Culver, Darius Garland or Coby White -- guards who can play on or off the ball and complement Jrue Holiday and the unorthodox style of Lonzo Ball (someone New Orleans general manager David Griffin is extremely high on). According to a report by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Pelicans are expected to shop this selection heading into the draft.

One of the big advantages of executing the Davis trade early is having multiple days to bring in these prospects, and others, for a closer evaluation. In Garland's case, that might involve traveling to Los Angeles to watch him work out, which many of the top teams in the mid-lottery have done recently or will do this week (including New York, Cleveland, Chicago and the Lakers). The reason Culver gets the nod here is his fit with Ball and Holiday, as those three can easily play together in the same backcourt and would form an outstanding trio defensively.

Full scouting report

5. Cleveland Cavaliers
i

Darius Garland
Vanderbilt
G

Height: 6-foot-3 | Weight: 173

While Cleveland just drafted Collin Sexton last year, the Cavs are too early in their rebuild to worry too much about position and fit. They are in talent-acquisition mode.

Garland likely has the highest upside of any player left on the board, and he is a good enough shooter to share the backcourt with another ball handler -- something many of coach John Beilein's best teams have had.

Full scouting report

6. Phoenix Suns
i

Coby White
North Carolina
G

Height: 6-foot-5 | Weight: 191

This pick continues to be available in trade talks for the right veteran guard to complement Devin Booker. The Suns likely will be disappointed to see the two best backcourt players outside the top three off the board in Garland and Culver, which might cause them to be even more aggressive in pursuing a trade.

Should they keep the pick, they seem very high on White, which makes some sense considering his size, shooting prowess and ability to play off of a playmaking combo guard such as Booker.

Full scouting report

7. Chicago Bulls
i

De'Andre Hunter
Virginia
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 222

The Bulls also will likely be disappointed to see most of the elite guards off the board by the time their pick comes up. Free agency might be their best option to address their guard needs (Patrick Beverley would be a great fit, and there's mutual interest, per sources), and Chicago could look to continue to add depth to the forward spots. Sekou Doumbouya had an outstanding workout with Chicago last week and is under consideration, but it might be tough to turn down the defensive versatility and readiness of Hunter, who brings the kind of mature approach this front office typically covets in the draft.

The Hawks are very high on Hunter -- per sources, they are the only team Hunter has worked out for -- and Atlanta might try to package some combination of its six picks in this draft to move up and select him. But the Bulls very well might just want to hold onto Hunter if they can grab him here.

Full scouting report

8. Atlanta Hawks
i

Cam Reddish
Duke
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 208

Reddish is one of the biggest enigmas of this draft class, as he rarely produced up to his talent level as a freshman and mysteriously missed an NCAA tournament game. Still, his combination of size, length, fluidity and perimeter shooting ability is highly intriguing in a draft that is lacking deep star power.

In Atlanta, Reddish would find an ideal situation in which he wouldn't be asked to carry too heavy of a scoring load immediately alongside Trae Young and the rest of Atlanta's promising young core -- yet he would still be able to contribute significantly with his perimeter shooting, passing and defensive versatility.

Full scouting report

9. Washington Wizards
r527156_130x180_smallmug.jpg

Sekou Doumbouya
Limoges
F

Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 210

Doumbouya rebounded from a slow start with a very productive season in Pro A France since returning from a hand injury. He has outstanding physical tools for a modern-day NBA forward -- particularly defensively, where he shows significant potential -- and he has a projectable skill level offensively.

Doumbouya validated that strong performance with an impressive showing at his pro day in Dallas this month followed by good private workouts with teams in the mid--to-late lottery.

The Wizards likely are about to begin a long rebuilding process and can afford to be patient with Doumbouya, while giving him significant offensive reps that should expedite his development.

Full scouting report

10. Atlanta Hawks (via Mavericks)
i

Jaxson Hayes
Texas
C

Height: 7 feet | Weight: 219

Hayes came into the season as a complete unknown after hitting a significant growth spurt in high school and registering little productivity prior to college. He proved to be a high-end NBA prospect early on, thanks to his phenomenal physical tools, mobility and instincts on both ends of the floor, cementing himself as the top center prospect in the draft.

Hayes' lack of experience, relatively raw offensive game and still developing feel likely will relegate him to project status for most NBA teams, but that shouldn't be too much of a deterrent at this point in the draft.

The Hawks have been developing John Collins at both big spots; Hayes could fit well in Atlanta and become an ideal pick-and-roll partner for Trae Young.

Full scouting report

11. Minnesota Timberwolves
i

Nassir Little
North Carolina
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 224

The former top-five recruit saw his stock drop after an inconsistent freshman season, but he has appeared to have worked his way back into the lottery with a strong pre-draft process, particularly by showing better outside shooting potential.

Little's toughness, athleticism and long-term potential will be attractive to an organization that is attempting to reboot its culture after the dismissal of head coach Tom Thibodeau and the hiring of a new decision-maker in Gersson Rosas.

Full scouting report

12. Charlotte Hornets
i

Rui Hachimura
Gonzaga
F

Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 234

The Hornets are fairly shallow at the power forward position, with Marvin Williams possessing a player option on the final year of his contract and not much else in terms of long-term building blocks outside of undersized Miles Bridges.

Hachimura is blessed with outstanding physical tools and impressive athletic ability. He brings the type of character and work ethic that this franchise typically values. His ability to play both small forward and power forward in different lineup configurations with Bridges should be appealing to Charlotte.

Hachimura has had a fairly mysterious draft process, skipping the NBA combine and not conducting any publicized private workouts with NBA teams, leading some to believe he may have a promise from a team drafting later in teens.

Full scouting report

13. Miami Heat
i

PJ Washington
Kentucky
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 230

Miami has a clogged salary sheet and very little star power to show for it, making this an important draft. A rebuild might be around the corner, considering this aging roster and the limited options for improvement in the short term.

With Bam Adebayo likely being suited to seeing significant minutes at the center position, it's difficult to point to another long-term option at the power forward spot that the team can build around, which could make a player in Washington's mold make sense.

Washington has the length to defend multiple positions on the interior, he can stretch the floor from the perimeter and he brings plenty of long-term upside. His toughness and versatility will fit well on any team.

Full scouting report

14. Boston Celtics (via Kings)
i

Tyler Herro
Kentucky

G

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 192

The Celtics could lose quite a bit of firepower in the backcourt with Kyrie Irvingand Terry Rozier off to free agency and neither player being a lock to return. That makes drafting a combo guard such as Herro -- who can play pick-and-roll, make shots while set or on the move and bring competitiveness and feel -- appealing here.

Herro has slowly moved up draft boards with strong workouts and interviews, given the dearth of shooting in a league that desperately covets dynamic players in his mold.

Full scouting report

15. Detroit Pistons
i

Romeo Langford
Indiana
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 202

Langford will be one of the players under consideration for any teams in this range with needs at the guard/wing spots.

The Indiana freshman played most of the season with a torn ligament in his shooting hand, but he displayed impressive glimpses of potential as a shot creator operating out of the pick-and-roll.

The Pistons have precious little ballhandling on their roster and could certainly roll the dice on a player with Langford's talent.

Full scouting report

16. Orlando Magic
i

Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Virginia Tech
G

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 204

Alexander-Walker is coming off an outstanding sophomore season, making significant strides on both ends of the floor.

He has the perimeter shooting ability, length, feel and versatility the Magic could certainly use in their backcourt. Alexander-Walker would be an excellent option alongside a rejuvenated Markelle Fultz, but he also could play with veterans such has D.J. Augustin or free agent Terrence Ross.

Full scouting report

17. Atlanta Hawks (via Nets)
i

Brandon Clarke
Gonzaga
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 207

Atlanta GM Travis Schlenk has said both privately and publicly that he does not want to add too many more young players to what was already one of the youngest rosters in the NBA, which could mean this pick will be on the move on draft night. Should the Hawks decide to hold onto this selection, adding an older frontcourt player such as Clarke -- with his versatility as a rim-protecting, pick-and-roll-switching lob-catcher -- is intriguing on this roster.

He will turn 23 prior to his first NBA game, and he was one of the most productive players in college basketball this past season, meaning he should be ready to step in and help right away. He also has some untapped upside left thanks to his freakish athleticism and budding shooting ability, and he doesn't need any plays called for him.

Full scouting report

18. Indiana Pacers
i

Keldon Johnson
Kentucky

F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 216

A huge chunk of the Pacers' rotation is entering free agency this summer, including most of their wing depth, which could cause the team to look at adding a small forward via the draft.

The Pacers have long valued toughness, versatility and 3-point shooting -- all strengths for Johnson. Although his struggles creating offense off the dribble caused his stock to fall somewhat, Johnson won't need to be much of a ball handler on this team in the short term.

Full scouting report

19. San Antonio Spurs
r527154_130x180_smallmug.jpg

Goga Bitadze
Buducnost
C

Height: 6-foot-11 | Weight: 251

With LaMarcus Aldridge entering his mid-30s, the Spurs don't have much in the way of frontcourt building blocks on the roster at the moment, outside of Jakob Poeltl, who is entering the final year of his rookie contract after playing just 17 minutes per game last season.

Enter Bitadze, who has been extremely productive at the highest levels of competition outside the NBA in the Euroleague. His excellent skill level offensively -- including his budding ability to stretch the floor -- is attractive, given his combination of size and reach, especially since he has yet to turn 20.

Full scouting report

20. Boston Celtics (via Clippers)
i

Bol Bol
Oregon
C

Height: 7-foot-3 | Weight: 208

General manager Danny Ainge has never been afraid to take a gamble on a risky prospect that other NBA teams decided to pass on due to injuries, character concerns or other reasons. Bol's broken foot, skinny frame and the questions about his approach to the game have caused his stock to slip, but there is little doubt that his talent looked worthy of a top-10 pick before he got injured in December.

If he pans out, he could bring much-needed 3-point shooting and rim protection to the roster.

Full scouting report

21. Oklahoma City Thunder
i

Cameron Johnson
UNC
F

Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 205

Johnson was one of the best shooters in college basketball. He also has excellent size and a high basketball IQ.

As one of the oldest players projected to be drafted, he should be ready to immediately contribute to this Thunder squad -- a team that is in dire need of his outside shooting.

Full scouting report

22. Boston Celtics
i

Mfiondu Kabengele
Florida State
C

Height: 6-foot-10 | Weight: 256

Kabengele made huge strides in his sophomore season, and he is on an impressive trajectory, considering his late-bloomer status. He was able to alleviate the concerns teams had about his medical outlook (he wore braces on both knees all season) by reportedly receiving a clean bill of health at the NBA combine.

He has seen his stock rise significantly with some very impressive workouts.

Full scouting report

23. Utah Jazz
i

KZ Okpala
Stanford
F

Height: 6-foot-10 | Weight: 210

Utah could use more depth at the forward spots, making Okpala interesting here.

Okpala had a late start to basketball, and he is raw in terms of his strength and understanding of the game. However, his physical tools are impressive, and the flashes he has shown as a slasher, defender and perimeter shooter make him worth a long-term investment.

Full scouting report

24. Philadelphia 76ers
i

Eric Paschall
Villanova

F

Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 254

The Sixers are flush with creators and scoring at every position, and they will need to be creative in adding young, cheap players to their somewhat shallow rotation, considering their luxury-tax situation if Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris return in free agency.

Paschall is one of the more ready prospects to contribute in this draft class, turning 23 in November, with a chiseled physique and an impressive national championship pedigree. Paschall's athleticism, toughness, perimeter shooting ability and defensive versatility will fit right in with the Sixers, as they've expressed interest in adding older players who bring exactly these qualities.

Full scouting report

25. Portland Trail Blazers
i

Ty Jerome
Virginia

G

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 194

The Blazers don't have a great deal of backcourt depth and will see two of their main rotation options, Seth Curry and Rodney Hood, hit free agency this summer.

Jerome's tremendous basketball IQ, perimeter shooting ability and competitiveness stand out at this point in the draft. After making a conference finals run, Portland probably will want to add a player who is ready to help right away as opposed to a long-term project.

Full scouting report

26. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Rockets)
i

Luka Samanic
Olimpija Ljubljana

F

Height: 6-foot-11 | Weight: 227

The Cavs don't have much in the way of long-term building blocks in the frontcourt at the moment, and they will want to add more perimeter skill and defensive versatility with John Beilein entering the fold.

Samanic has helped his stock with a strong pre-draft process and has plenty of upside to grow into given his age. He is not interested in being stashed in Europe for another year, per sources, which may ultimately cause his stock to drop somewhat among some teams since he is fairly raw and inexperienced. The Cavs are one team that can afford to bring him over and give him the playing time he needs to develop considering the early stage of their rebuild.

Full scouting report

27. Brooklyn Nets (via Nuggets)
i

Kevin Porter Jr.
USC
G

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 213

Porter will start getting looks as high as the late lottery, but the question marks about his approach to the game appear to have taken a toll on his draft stock.

At this stage of the draft, the rewards likely outweigh the risks, as Porter can become another creator on the perimeter who can shoulder some of the scoring load. Porter has the size and versatility to slot into a variety of lineup configurations and will benefit from the strong culture the Nets have built.

Full scouting report

28. Golden State Warriors
i

Matisse Thybulle
Washington
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 201

The Warriors are suddenly very shallow on the wing, with Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant likely to miss all or most of the season if they return in free agency.

A player such as Thybulle, arguably the best perimeter defender in college basketball, could fit well, especially because he is a willing ball mover who will have no issue deferring to the team's plethora of stars. And given his age, he makes a lot of sense with the Warriors' timetable.

Full scouting report

29. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors)
i

Darius Bazley
Team:
N/A
F

Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 208

The Spurs don't have a great deal of depth at the forward spots, and they can afford to roll the dice a bit this late in the draft on an upside-laden player in need of development.

Bazley has had a terrific pre-draft process in which he has demonstrated an improved frame, a more consistent shooting stroke and a more polished and refined skill set than you would expect considering his age and the fact that he sat out the season. Bazley's potential as a multiposition defender who can handle the ball in spurts and make an open shot is intriguing considering his size.

Full scouting report

30. Milwaukee Bucks
i

Grant Williams
Tennessee

F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 240

With frontcourt depth being a real question, it might make sense for the Bucks to add a player like Williams to the mix.

He has the type of feel, toughness, character and maturity on and off the court that could be attractive to this organization. Williams also has some untapped upside as a perimeter shooter, which Mike Budenholzer and his staff likely can uncover with their emphasis on spacing and player development.

Full scouting report

Second round
31. Nets

Nic Claxton | C | Age: 20.1 | Georgia

32. Suns

Luguentz Dort | SG | Age: 20.1 | Arizona State

33. 76ers

Chuma Okeke | SF/PF | Age: 20.8 | Auburn

2019 NBA draft[/paste:font]
r503925_608x342_16-9.jpg

Get ready for Zion, Morant and more.
in.gif

2019 mock draft
Scouting likely first-rounders
Full draft order
Top 100 draft rankings

34. 76ers

Carsen Edwards | PG | Age: 21.2 | Purdue

35. Hawks

Talen Horton-Tucker | SF | Age: 18.5 | Iowa State

36. Hornets

Bruno Fernando | C | Age: 20.8 | Maryland

37. Mavericks

Dylan Windler | SF | Age: 22.7 | Belmont

38. Bulls

Admiral Schofield | SF/PF | Age: 22.2 | Tennessee

39. Pelicans

Isaiah Roby | PF | Age: 21.3 | Nebraska

40. Kings

Terence Davis | SG | Age: 22.0 | Mississippi

41. Hawks

Daniel Gafford | C | Age: 20.7 | Arkansas

42. 76ers

Naz Reid | PF/C | Age: 19.8 | LSU

43. Timberwolves

Deividas Sirvydis | SF | Age: 19.0 | Lietuvos Rytas

44. Hawks

Shamorie Ponds | PG | Age: 20.9 | St. John's

45. Pistons

Jordan Poole | PG/SG | Age: 19.9 | Michigan

46. Magic

Tremont Waters | PG | Age: 21.4 | LSU

47. Kings

DaQuan Jeffries | SG | Age: 21.7 | Tulsa

48. Clippers

Jontay Porter | C | Age: 19.5 | Missouri

49. Spurs

Jalen Lecque | PG/SG | Age: 19.0 | Brewster Academy

50. Pacers

Louis King | SF/PF | Age: 20.1 | Oregon

51. Celtics

Miye Oni | SF | Age: 21.8 | Yale

52. Hornets

Zylan Cheatham | PF | Age: 23.5 | Arizona State

53. Jazz

Zach Norvell | SG | Age: 21.5 | Gonzaga

54. 76ers

Joshua Obiesie | PG/SG | Age: 19.0 | Wuerzburg

55. Knicks

Jaylen Hoard | PF | Age: 20.2 | Wake Forest

56. Clippers

Jalen McDaniels | SF/PF | Age: 21.3 | San Diego State

57. Pelicans

Jordan Bone | PG | Age: 21.6 | Tennessee

58. Warriors

Alen Smailagic | PF/C | Age: 18.8 | Santa Cruz

59. Raptors

Marcos Louzada Silva | SF | Age: 19.9 | Franca

60. Kings

Yovel Zoosman | SF | Age: 21.0 | Maccabi Tel Aviv

NBA mock draft: Latest intel on all 60 picks for 2019
play

ESPN NBA draft analyst Mike Schmitz breaks down why Darius Garland could be the next Damian Lillard. (1:34)

7:21 AM ET
  • i

Jonathan GivonyESPN
Editor's note (June 17): This mock draft has been updated with the latest intel.

With the 2019 NBA draft (Thursday, 7 p.m. ET on ESPN) approaching, what are the likely picks in both rounds?

All 30 teams will spend the next few days digging deep into this class with background reports, medical examinations, interviews, trade talks and last-minute live workouts before ultimately finalizing their draft boards in the lead-up to making their selections.

In the meantime, we'll attempt to break down how the draft might shape up with our latest mock. Here are our new projections.

More: Top 100 rankings | Scouting videos

1. New Orleans Pelicans
i

Zion Williamson
Duke
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 272

Williamson emerged as both the best player in college basketball and the best long-term prospect in this draft class the moment he stepped onto the court for Duke, making him the easy choice as the No. 1 pick. We've never seen a prospect quite like him in terms of his combination of productivity, athleticism, competitiveness, skill and feel for the game -- not to mention the sheer star power he'll bring.

The big question now is how New Orleans will build around Williamson moving forward. Jrue Holiday, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart make up a strong group following the Anthony Davis trade, and the Pelicans might make more moves with the No. 4 pick.

Full scouting report

2. Memphis Grizzlies
i

Ja Morant
Murray State
G

Height: 6-foot-3 | Weight: 170

Morant's emergence from no-name high school recruit to NCAA tournament darling was one of the better stories of the college basketball season. He is one of the best athletes in this draft. He is a highly creative and ambidextrous passer who should fit into the NBA game seamlessly with his ability to navigate pick-and-rolls and make plays in the open floor. He is a better shooter than he gets credit for, though his casual approach to defense and decision-making sometimes works against him.

Memphis' ownership group didn't waste any time after the NBA combine in informing interested parties that it intended to select Morant, although the front office has attempted to walk that back by inviting RJ Barrett in for a private workout, something he has so far declined. Morant is ahead of Barrett on most NBA boards, and trading incumbent point guard Mike Conley won't prove too difficult considering his productivity, even if the two can likely play together in an undersized backcourt until Morant is ready to fully take the reins of the franchise.

Full scouting report

3. New York Knicks
i

RJ Barrett
Duke
G/F

Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 208

Barrett broke Duke and ACC freshman scoring records while being named a consensus first-team All-American, even if he was lost in the shadow of Williamson at times. Barrett emerged as Duke's full-time playmaker as the season moved on, showing impressive passing ability operating out of pick-and-rolls, something that will serve him well in the NBA once he is surrounded by better shooters. He was inconsistent from the perimeter, he demonstrated questionable decision-making and shot selection at times, and he wasn't the defender his physical tools suggest he should have been at the college level.

The presumptive No. 1 pick going into the season, Barrett is one of the few players in this draft who can embrace the spotlight of Madison Square Gardenand is actually a very good fit for the Knicks' roster. He'll be able to shoulder significant ballhandling duties if the Knicks decide to continue to rebuild slowly through the draft, but he also could play with a star free agent.

Full scouting report

4. New Orleans Pelicans (via Lakers)
i

Jarrett Culver
Texas Tech
G

Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 194

If the Pelicans keep this pick, it will likely come down to Culver, Darius Garland or Coby White -- guards who can play on or off the ball and complement Jrue Holiday and the unorthodox style of Lonzo Ball (someone New Orleans general manager David Griffin is extremely high on). According to a report by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Pelicans are expected to shop this selection heading into the draft.

One of the big advantages of executing the Davis trade early is having multiple days to bring in these prospects, and others, for a closer evaluation. In Garland's case, that might involve traveling to Los Angeles to watch him work out, which many of the top teams in the mid-lottery have done recently or will do this week (including New York, Cleveland, Chicago and the Lakers). The reason Culver gets the nod here is his fit with Ball and Holiday, as those three can easily play together in the same backcourt and would form an outstanding trio defensively.

Full scouting report

5. Cleveland Cavaliers
i

Darius Garland
Vanderbilt
G

Height: 6-foot-3 | Weight: 173

While Cleveland just drafted Collin Sexton last year, the Cavs are too early in their rebuild to worry too much about position and fit. They are in talent-acquisition mode.

Garland likely has the highest upside of any player left on the board, and he is a good enough shooter to share the backcourt with another ball handler -- something many of coach John Beilein's best teams have had.

Full scouting report

6. Phoenix Suns
i

Coby White
North Carolina
G

Height: 6-foot-5 | Weight: 191

This pick continues to be available in trade talks for the right veteran guard to complement Devin Booker. The Suns likely will be disappointed to see the two best backcourt players outside the top three off the board in Garland and Culver, which might cause them to be even more aggressive in pursuing a trade.

Should they keep the pick, they seem very high on White, which makes some sense considering his size, shooting prowess and ability to play off of a playmaking combo guard such as Booker.

Full scouting report

7. Chicago Bulls
i

De'Andre Hunter
Virginia
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 222

The Bulls also will likely be disappointed to see most of the elite guards off the board by the time their pick comes up. Free agency might be their best option to address their guard needs (Patrick Beverley would be a great fit, and there's mutual interest, per sources), and Chicago could look to continue to add depth to the forward spots. Sekou Doumbouya had an outstanding workout with Chicago last week and is under consideration, but it might be tough to turn down the defensive versatility and readiness of Hunter, who brings the kind of mature approach this front office typically covets in the draft.

The Hawks are very high on Hunter -- per sources, they are the only team Hunter has worked out for -- and Atlanta might try to package some combination of its six picks in this draft to move up and select him. But the Bulls very well might just want to hold onto Hunter if they can grab him here.

Full scouting report

8. Atlanta Hawks
i

Cam Reddish
Duke
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 208

Reddish is one of the biggest enigmas of this draft class, as he rarely produced up to his talent level as a freshman and mysteriously missed an NCAA tournament game. Still, his combination of size, length, fluidity and perimeter shooting ability is highly intriguing in a draft that is lacking deep star power.

In Atlanta, Reddish would find an ideal situation in which he wouldn't be asked to carry too heavy of a scoring load immediately alongside Trae Young and the rest of Atlanta's promising young core -- yet he would still be able to contribute significantly with his perimeter shooting, passing and defensive versatility.

Full scouting report

9. Washington Wizards
r527156_130x180_smallmug.jpg

Sekou Doumbouya
Limoges
F

Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 210

Doumbouya rebounded from a slow start with a very productive season in Pro A France since returning from a hand injury. He has outstanding physical tools for a modern-day NBA forward -- particularly defensively, where he shows significant potential -- and he has a projectable skill level offensively.

Doumbouya validated that strong performance with an impressive showing at his pro day in Dallas this month followed by good private workouts with teams in the mid--to-late lottery.

The Wizards likely are about to begin a long rebuilding process and can afford to be patient with Doumbouya, while giving him significant offensive reps that should expedite his development.

Full scouting report

10. Atlanta Hawks (via Mavericks)
i

Jaxson Hayes
Texas
C

Height: 7 feet | Weight: 219

Hayes came into the season as a complete unknown after hitting a significant growth spurt in high school and registering little productivity prior to college. He proved to be a high-end NBA prospect early on, thanks to his phenomenal physical tools, mobility and instincts on both ends of the floor, cementing himself as the top center prospect in the draft.

Hayes' lack of experience, relatively raw offensive game and still developing feel likely will relegate him to project status for most NBA teams, but that shouldn't be too much of a deterrent at this point in the draft.

The Hawks have been developing John Collins at both big spots; Hayes could fit well in Atlanta and become an ideal pick-and-roll partner for Trae Young.

Full scouting report

11. Minnesota Timberwolves
i

Nassir Little
North Carolina
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 224

The former top-five recruit saw his stock drop after an inconsistent freshman season, but he has appeared to have worked his way back into the lottery with a strong pre-draft process, particularly by showing better outside shooting potential.

Little's toughness, athleticism and long-term potential will be attractive to an organization that is attempting to reboot its culture after the dismissal of head coach Tom Thibodeau and the hiring of a new decision-maker in Gersson Rosas.

Full scouting report

12. Charlotte Hornets
i

Rui Hachimura
Gonzaga
F

Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 234

The Hornets are fairly shallow at the power forward position, with Marvin Williams possessing a player option on the final year of his contract and not much else in terms of long-term building blocks outside of undersized Miles Bridges.

Hachimura is blessed with outstanding physical tools and impressive athletic ability. He brings the type of character and work ethic that this franchise typically values. His ability to play both small forward and power forward in different lineup configurations with Bridges should be appealing to Charlotte.

Hachimura has had a fairly mysterious draft process, skipping the NBA combine and not conducting any publicized private workouts with NBA teams, leading some to believe he may have a promise from a team drafting later in teens.

Full scouting report

13. Miami Heat
i

PJ Washington
Kentucky
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 230

Miami has a clogged salary sheet and very little star power to show for it, making this an important draft. A rebuild might be around the corner, considering this aging roster and the limited options for improvement in the short term.

With Bam Adebayo likely being suited to seeing significant minutes at the center position, it's difficult to point to another long-term option at the power forward spot that the team can build around, which could make a player in Washington's mold make sense.

Washington has the length to defend multiple positions on the interior, he can stretch the floor from the perimeter and he brings plenty of long-term upside. His toughness and versatility will fit well on any team.

Full scouting report

14. Boston Celtics (via Kings)
i

Tyler Herro
Kentucky
G

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 192

The Celtics could lose quite a bit of firepower in the backcourt with Kyrie Irvingand Terry Rozier off to free agency and neither player being a lock to return. That makes drafting a combo guard such as Herro -- who can play pick-and-roll, make shots while set or on the move and bring competitiveness and feel -- appealing here.

Herro has slowly moved up draft boards with strong workouts and interviews, given the dearth of shooting in a league that desperately covets dynamic players in his mold.

Full scouting report

15. Detroit Pistons
i

Romeo Langford
Indiana
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 202

Langford will be one of the players under consideration for any teams in this range with needs at the guard/wing spots.

The Indiana freshman played most of the season with a torn ligament in his shooting hand, but he displayed impressive glimpses of potential as a shot creator operating out of the pick-and-roll.

The Pistons have precious little ballhandling on their roster and could certainly roll the dice on a player with Langford's talent.

Full scouting report

16. Orlando Magic
i

Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Virginia Tech
G

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 204

Alexander-Walker is coming off an outstanding sophomore season, making significant strides on both ends of the floor.

He has the perimeter shooting ability, length, feel and versatility the Magic could certainly use in their backcourt. Alexander-Walker would be an excellent option alongside a rejuvenated Markelle Fultz, but he also could play with veterans such has D.J. Augustin or free agent Terrence Ross.

Full scouting report

17. Atlanta Hawks (via Nets)
i

Brandon Clarke
Gonzaga
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 207

Atlanta GM Travis Schlenk has said both privately and publicly that he does not want to add too many more young players to what was already one of the youngest rosters in the NBA, which could mean this pick will be on the move on draft night. Should the Hawks decide to hold onto this selection, adding an older frontcourt player such as Clarke -- with his versatility as a rim-protecting, pick-and-roll-switching lob-catcher -- is intriguing on this roster.

He will turn 23 prior to his first NBA game, and he was one of the most productive players in college basketball this past season, meaning he should be ready to step in and help right away. He also has some untapped upside left thanks to his freakish athleticism and budding shooting ability, and he doesn't need any plays called for him.

Full scouting report

18. Indiana Pacers
i

Keldon Johnson
Kentucky
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 216

A huge chunk of the Pacers' rotation is entering free agency this summer, including most of their wing depth, which could cause the team to look at adding a small forward via the draft.

The Pacers have long valued toughness, versatility and 3-point shooting -- all strengths for Johnson. Although his struggles creating offense off the dribble caused his stock to fall somewhat, Johnson won't need to be much of a ball handler on this team in the short term.

Full scouting report

19. San Antonio Spurs
r527154_130x180_smallmug.jpg

Goga Bitadze
Buducnost
C

Height: 6-foot-11 | Weight: 251

With LaMarcus Aldridge entering his mid-30s, the Spurs don't have much in the way of frontcourt building blocks on the roster at the moment, outside of Jakob Poeltl, who is entering the final year of his rookie contract after playing just 17 minutes per game last season.

Enter Bitadze, who has been extremely productive at the highest levels of competition outside the NBA in the Euroleague. His excellent skill level offensively -- including his budding ability to stretch the floor -- is attractive, given his combination of size and reach, especially since he has yet to turn 20.

Full scouting report

20. Boston Celtics (via Clippers)
i

Bol Bol
Oregon
C

Height: 7-foot-3 | Weight: 208

General manager Danny Ainge has never been afraid to take a gamble on a risky prospect that other NBA teams decided to pass on due to injuries, character concerns or other reasons. Bol's broken foot, skinny frame and the questions about his approach to the game have caused his stock to slip, but there is little doubt that his talent looked worthy of a top-10 pick before he got injured in December.

If he pans out, he could bring much-needed 3-point shooting and rim protection to the roster.

Full scouting report

21. Oklahoma City Thunder
i

Cameron Johnson
UNC
F

Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 205

Johnson was one of the best shooters in college basketball. He also has excellent size and a high basketball IQ.

As one of the oldest players projected to be drafted, he should be ready to immediately contribute to this Thunder squad -- a team that is in dire need of his outside shooting.

Full scouting report

22. Boston Celtics
i

Mfiondu Kabengele
Florida State
C

Height: 6-foot-10 | Weight: 256

Kabengele made huge strides in his sophomore season, and he is on an impressive trajectory, considering his late-bloomer status. He was able to alleviate the concerns teams had about his medical outlook (he wore braces on both knees all season) by reportedly receiving a clean bill of health at the NBA combine.

He has seen his stock rise significantly with some very impressive workouts.

Full scouting report

23. Utah Jazz
i

KZ Okpala
Stanford
F

Height: 6-foot-10 | Weight: 210

Utah could use more depth at the forward spots, making Okpala interesting here.

Okpala had a late start to basketball, and he is raw in terms of his strength and understanding of the game. However, his physical tools are impressive, and the flashes he has shown as a slasher, defender and perimeter shooter make him worth a long-term investment.

Full scouting report

24. Philadelphia 76ers
i

Eric Paschall
Villanova
F

Height: 6-foot-7 | Weight: 254

The Sixers are flush with creators and scoring at every position, and they will need to be creative in adding young, cheap players to their somewhat shallow rotation, considering their luxury-tax situation if Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris return in free agency.

Paschall is one of the more ready prospects to contribute in this draft class, turning 23 in November, with a chiseled physique and an impressive national championship pedigree. Paschall's athleticism, toughness, perimeter shooting ability and defensive versatility will fit right in with the Sixers, as they've expressed interest in adding older players who bring exactly these qualities.

Full scouting report

25. Portland Trail Blazers
i

Ty Jerome
Virginia
G

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 194

The Blazers don't have a great deal of backcourt depth and will see two of their main rotation options, Seth Curry and Rodney Hood, hit free agency this summer.

Jerome's tremendous basketball IQ, perimeter shooting ability and competitiveness stand out at this point in the draft. After making a conference finals run, Portland probably will want to add a player who is ready to help right away as opposed to a long-term project.

Full scouting report

26. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Rockets)
i

Luka Samanic
Olimpija Ljubljana
F

Height: 6-foot-11 | Weight: 227

The Cavs don't have much in the way of long-term building blocks in the frontcourt at the moment, and they will want to add more perimeter skill and defensive versatility with John Beilein entering the fold.

Samanic has helped his stock with a strong pre-draft process and has plenty of upside to grow into given his age. He is not interested in being stashed in Europe for another year, per sources, which may ultimately cause his stock to drop somewhat among some teams since he is fairly raw and inexperienced. The Cavs are one team that can afford to bring him over and give him the playing time he needs to develop considering the early stage of their rebuild.

Full scouting report

27. Brooklyn Nets (via Nuggets)
i

Kevin Porter Jr.
USC
G

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 213

Porter will start getting looks as high as the late lottery, but the question marks about his approach to the game appear to have taken a toll on his draft stock.

At this stage of the draft, the rewards likely outweigh the risks, as Porter can become another creator on the perimeter who can shoulder some of the scoring load. Porter has the size and versatility to slot into a variety of lineup configurations and will benefit from the strong culture the Nets have built.

Full scouting report

28. Golden State Warriors
i

Matisse Thybulle
Washington
F

Height: 6-foot-6 | Weight: 201

The Warriors are suddenly very shallow on the wing, with Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant likely to miss all or most of the season if they return in free agency.

A player such as Thybulle, arguably the best perimeter defender in college basketball, could fit well, especially because he is a willing ball mover who will have no issue deferring to the team's plethora of stars. And given his age, he makes a lot of sense with the Warriors' timetable.

Full scouting report

29. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors)
i

Darius Bazley
Team:
N/A
F

Height: 6-foot-9 | Weight: 208

The Spurs don't have a great deal of depth at the forward spots, and they can afford to roll the dice a bit this late in the draft on an upside-laden player in need of development.

Bazley has had a terrific pre-draft process in which he has demonstrated an improved frame, a more consistent shooting stroke and a more polished and refined skill set than you would expect considering his age and the fact that he sat out the season. Bazley's potential as a multiposition defender who can handle the ball in spurts and make an open shot is intriguing considering his size.

Full scouting report

30. Milwaukee Bucks
i

Grant Williams
Tennessee
F

Height: 6-foot-8 | Weight: 240

With frontcourt depth being a real question, it might make sense for the Bucks to add a player like Williams to the mix.

He has the type of feel, toughness, character and maturity on and off the court that could be attractive to this organization. Williams also has some untapped upside as a perimeter shooter, which Mike Budenholzer and his staff likely can uncover with their emphasis on spacing and player development.

Full scouting report

Second round
31. Nets

Nic Claxton | C | Age: 20.1 | Georgia

32. Suns

Luguentz Dort | SG | Age: 20.1 | Arizona State

33. 76ers

Chuma Okeke | SF/PF | Age: 20.8 | Auburn

2019 NBA draft[/paste:font]
r503925_608x342_16-9.jpg

Get ready for Zion, Morant and more.
in.gif

2019 mock draft
Scouting likely first-rounders
Full draft order
Top 100 draft rankings

34. 76ers

Carsen Edwards | PG | Age: 21.2 | Purdue

35. Hawks

Talen Horton-Tucker | SF | Age: 18.5 | Iowa State

36. Hornets

Bruno Fernando | C | Age: 20.8 | Maryland

37. Mavericks

Dylan Windler | SF | Age: 22.7 | Belmont

38. Bulls

Admiral Schofield | SF/PF | Age: 22.2 | Tennessee

39. Pelicans

Isaiah Roby | PF | Age: 21.3 | Nebraska

40. Kings

Terence Davis | SG | Age: 22.0 | Mississippi

41. Hawks

Daniel Gafford | C | Age: 20.7 | Arkansas

42. 76ers

Naz Reid | PF/C | Age: 19.8 | LSU

43. Timberwolves

Deividas Sirvydis | SF | Age: 19.0 | Lietuvos Rytas

44. Hawks

Shamorie Ponds | PG | Age: 20.9 | St. John's

45. Pistons

Jordan Poole | PG/SG | Age: 19.9 | Michigan

46. Magic

Tremont Waters | PG | Age: 21.4 | LSU

47. Kings

DaQuan Jeffries | SG | Age: 21.7 | Tulsa

48. Clippers

Jontay Porter | C | Age: 19.5 | Missouri

49. Spurs

Jalen Lecque | PG/SG | Age: 19.0 | Brewster Academy

50. Pacers

Louis King | SF/PF | Age: 20.1 | Oregon

51. Celtics

Miye Oni | SF | Age: 21.8 | Yale

52. Hornets

Zylan Cheatham | PF | Age: 23.5 | Arizona State

53. Jazz

Zach Norvell | SG | Age: 21.5 | Gonzaga

54. 76ers

Joshua Obiesie | PG/SG | Age: 19.0 | Wuerzburg

55. Knicks

Jaylen Hoard | PF | Age: 20.2 | Wake Forest

56. Clippers

Jalen McDaniels | SF/PF | Age: 21.3 | San Diego State

57. Pelicans

Jordan Bone | PG | Age: 21.6 | Tennessee

58. Warriors

Alen Smailagic | PF/C | Age: 18.8 | Santa Cruz

59. Raptors

Marcos Louzada Silva | SF | Age: 19.9 | Franca

60. Kings

Yovel Zoosman | SF | Age: 21.0 | Maccabi Tel Aviv

I think Paschall is good but I don’t think the Sixers would take him over Thybulle if both of them are there. Seems like a reach for Paschall there anyway.

RJ says him and Zions favorite thing to eat is Baconators from Wendy’s. Red flag for Zion.
:smh:

All Zion does is workout and play ball. He doesn’t go out and party or drink or smoke. If that’s how you live and you’re genetically blessed as Zion is then your diet can afford some Baconators.

C: Oak
PF: Zion/ Stanley Johnson
SF: Moore/ Hill
SG: Ingram/ Jrue
PG: Lozon/ Hart

If I were the Pels, I would trade Jrue to get future assets and a big.
Some ideas:
- Suns: future Pick + #6 + TJ Warren
- Clips: Miami First + Future First + Jamaycal Green + Zubac
- Indiana: Sabonis + TJ Leaf + Future First

C: Oak
PF: Zion/ Stanley Johnson
SF: Moore/ Hill
SG: Ingram/ Jrue
PG: Lozon/ Hart

If I were the Pels, I would trade Jrue to get future assets and a big.
Some ideas:
- Suns: future Pick + #6 + TJ Warren
- Clips: Miami First + Future First + Jamaycal Green + Zubac
- Indiana: Sabonis + TJ Leaf + Future First

You been drinking too much maple syrup.

Jrue always plays best next to another point guard like Rondo or Elfrid. Lonzo has a chance to be a suped up version of them. Those deals would all be straight garbage. I love Sabonis but a Zion-Sabonis frontcourt seems way too undersized.

Back
Top Bottom