2024 NBA Draft Thread

I truly don’t get this with the both NFL and now the NBA Draft. Why can you not at least have just a head coach and a prospect in the same room as long as their 6 feet away? Have each prospect and trainer that’ll get rebounds for them and put them through drills all get tested before workouts.
Travel is the issue...Don’t want the players flying all over the country for workouts and meetings when ppl supposed to be chillin at home

Travel is the issue...Don’t want the players flying all over the country for workouts and meetings when ppl supposed to be chillin at home
Bingo.

After the Gobert debacle and how careless all that looked, its no surprise they’re doing this right now.

The draft might be on the weaker side but I still wouldn’t wanna take Toppin in the top 10...Anything outside of that is cool with me, it’s too much evidence against picking a 22 year old Sophomore that high

Likely Pick / Best Fit

1. Warriors- Anthony Edwards / Lamelo Ball
2. Cavs- James Wiseman / Onyeka Okongwu
3. Hawks- Isaac Okoro
4. Wolves- Lamelo Ball
5. Pistons- Onyeka Okongwu / Deni Avdija
6. Knicks- Deni Avdija / Lamelo Ball
7. Bulls- Obi Toppin / Tyrese Haliburton
8. Hornets- Precious Achiuwa / Onyeka Okongwu
9. Wizards- Tyrese Haliburton / Onyeka Okongwu
10. Suns- Killian Hayes / Tyrese Haliburton
11. Kings- RJ Hampton / Jaden McDaniels
12. Spurs- Tyrese Maxey / Isaac Okoro
13. Blazers- Cole Anthony / Aaron Nesmith
14. Pelicans- Aaron Nesmith
15. Celtics- Devin Vassell / Leandro Bolmaro
16. Wolves- Jaden McDaniels / Saddiq Bey
17. Magic- Theo Maledon
18. Bucks- Nico Mannion / Aaron Nesmith
19. Mavs- Saddiq Bey
20. Thuder- Patrick Williams / Nico Mannion
21. Nets- Josh Green / Tyler Bey
22. Nuggets- Leandro Bolmaro / Saddiq Bey
23. Heat- Robert Woodard II
24. Jazz- Kira Lewis Jr
25. Thunder- Jahmi'us Ramsey / Jalen Smith
26. Celtics- Isaiah Stewart
27. Knicks- Vernon Carey Jr / Payton Prichard
28. Raptors- Aleksej Pokusevski / Isaiah Stewart
29. Lakers- Cassius Winston / Skylar Mays
30. Celtics- Jalen Smith / Cassius Winston

Who are the most likely picks for every team in the 2020 NBA draft?

NBA franchises are preparing for a very different pre-draft process in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic, with uncertainty surrounding the date of the draft and teams being forced to rely heavily on previous scouting and intel.

ESPN draft experts Jonathan Givony and Mike Schmitz break down how things might shape up with their latest two-round mock draft. This includes likely picks based on the latest intel and their selections for the best fits in the first round (while accounting for each prospect's projected draft range).

Note: We don't yet know how the NBA plans to sort out the final standings and lottery heading into the 2020 draft, so ESPN's Basketball Power Index was used to project the order for this mock draft.

More: Top 100 rankings

1. Golden State Warriors
i

Anthony Edwards
Georgia
SG

Best fit: LaMelo Ball

Edwards would add instant offense to an already high-powered nucleus with his ability to get downhill and rise up from anywhere on the floor. Small-ball lineups featuring Stephen Curry, Edwards, Klay Thompson, Andrew Wiggins and Draymond Green would offer an intriguing blend of skill and bounce, while Edwards also has the long-term upside to grow into the face of the franchise down the line.

But Ball is the most intriguing fit here. The Warriors want to play fast, and there's no better open-court igniter in this crop than LaMelo. Ball pushing the break with two of the greatest shooters of all time filling the lanes would make for must-see TV. In an offense that thrives off of instinctual reads, his playmaking would shine bright, as long as he's willing to alter his sometimes-trigger-happy style of play.

One more option for the Warriors here: Maccabi Tel Aviv playmaker Deni Avdija would be a great fit. If Golden State ends up with the No. 1 pick and isn't blown away by its options, trading down for Avdija could work well. -- Schmitz

Full Edwards scouting report

2. Cleveland Cavaliers
i

James Wiseman
Memphis
C

Best fit: Onyeka Okongwu

The Cavs will have to wait on Andre Drummond's $28 million player option decision, but they are likely to be in the market for a franchise frontcourt player, which is why a center like Wiseman is attractive.

However, there's a case to be made that the defensive versatility of Okongwu actually makes him a better fit, which could mean trading down a few slots and adding another asset to their stockpile of draft picks. Okongwu has elite timing as a shot-blocker and projects as a switch-all pick-and-roll defender with considerable offensive upside thanks to his excellent touch, hands and feel. -- Givony

Full Wiseman scouting report

3. Atlanta Hawks
i

Isaac Okoro
Auburn
G/F

Best fit: Isaac Okoro

The Hawks could use a prospect with upside who impacts winning and doesn't need much offensive volume to be effective. Okoro fits that description perfectly. Not only does he have the explosiveness to wreak transition havoc alongside Trae Young but he's arguably the best defender in the draft. He's an active ball-mover, smart cutter and rugged rebounder.

While Okoro isn't viewed among teams as a consensus top-five prospect, he's the type to maximize his long-term potential and thrive as a high-level starter with potential to develop into more than that. A nucleus of Young, Okoro, Cam Reddish, De'Andre Hunter, John Collins and Kevin Huerter could make the Hawks one of the most exciting young teams in the NBA. -- Schmitz

Full Okoro scouting report

4. Minnesota Timberwolves
i

LaMelo Ball
Illawarra
PG

A Ball and D'Angelo Russell backcourt might be one of the worst defensive pairings in the league, but the Timberwolves need to continue to stockpile star power to speed up their rebuild. No one in this draft class has more of that than Ball.

Ball's size makes him easy to pair with another guard, and teammates will love his tremendous passing creativity and the way he empowers others. Ball does not turn 19 until the end of August, leaving considerable room for him to improve his perimeter shooting and defense. -- Givony

Full Ball scouting report

5. Detroit Pistons
i

Onyeka Okongwu
USC
F/C

Best fit: Deni Avdija

Okongwu gives Detroit a switchable, bouncy rim protector who finishes everything, with outstanding touch and plenty of offensive upside. He would boost Detroit's small-ball frontcourt of the future alongside Sekou Doumbouya.

While Okongwu would be a big win for Detroit, I'd also strongly consider Avdija here. He would give Detroit an exciting young playmaker, even if he's more of a point forward than a true lead guard. Avdija is comfortable functioning as a combo forward off the ball the way he did for Maccabi Tel Aviv in the EuroLeague, but I've always thought his true value will come with the ball in his hands like we've seen at the FIBA level. -- Schmitz

Full Okongwu scouting report

6. New York Knicks
i

Deni Avdija
Maccabi Tel Aviv
G/F

None of the players the Knicks started at point guard this season has emerged as a long-term solution, which could cause them to look to the draft to find a franchise playmaker. Although Ball's compatibility with RJ Barrett might look questionable, the Knicks aren't in a position to pass up on arguably the most talented player in the draft.

Should Ball be off the board already, Avdija looks like an interesting fit who can provide some of the ballhandling, playmaking, unselfishness and defensive versatility the roster lacks. -- Givony

Full Avdija scouting report

7. Chicago Bulls
i

Obi Toppin
Dayton
PF

Best fit: Tyrese Haliburton

The best offensive player in college basketball, Toppin brings high-flying dunks and deep pick-and-pop 3s that would infuse a level of excitement into the Bulls' fan base. Although it's unclear who exactly will be making the pick for this front office, the Bulls have traditionally felt more comfort with older, accomplished players, making ultra-productive 22-year-old Toppin an ideal fit.

Haliburton deserves some real consideration, especially with Lauri Markkanen and Wendell Carter Jr. already in the fold. Haliburton is one of the draft's best all-around players thanks to his spot shooting touch, stellar basketball IQ and defensive instincts. -- Schmitz

Full Toppin scouting report

8. Charlotte Hornets
i

Precious Achiuwa
Memphis
F/C

After starting Bismack Biyombo and Cody Zeller at center this season, the Hornets will likely be looking to upgrade the position long term, especially on the defensive end. Enter Okongwu, the draft's most versatile big man thanks to his elite timing, instincts and switchability.

If Okongwu is already off the board, Achiuwa has the strength and length to contain centers with the lateral quickness to stay in front of guards. -- Givony

Full Achiuwa scouting report

9. Washington Wizards
i

Tyrese Haliburton
Iowa State
PG

Even with the Wizards having big money committed to guards Bradley Beal and John Wall, Haliburton can fit in multi-guard lineups thanks to his size, spot-up shooting and quick decision-making.

But Okongwu looks like the best fit here given the Wizards' current roster. Ranking dead last in the NBA in defensive rating, Washington is in dire need of an athletic big who can put a lid on the rim, guard the perimeter and clean the glass like Okongwu can. Although he likely will be off the board, the Wizards' front office should be ecstatic if Okongwu ultimately fell in their lap. -- Schmitz

Full Haliburton scouting report

10. Phoenix Suns
i

Killian Hayes
Ulm
PG/SG

Best fit: Tyrese Haliburton

Finding a guard who complements Devin Booker has long been a priority for the Suns, who made progress this past season. Ricky Rubio is a strong fit, but he turns 30 this offseason.

A versatile backcourt player like Haliburton, who can play on or off the ball, will likely be a priority. And if Haliburton is off the board this late in the lottery, Hayes is a solid second choice. -- Givony

Full Hayes scouting report

11. Sacramento Kings
i

RJ Hampton
New Zealand
PG

Best fit: Jaden McDaniels

The Kings should be in talent accumulation mode, and the former top-five recruit has plenty of that as a slippery 6-5 combo guard who changes ends in a hurry. Should Hampton ultimately share the court with De'Aaron Fox for stretches, Sacramento would have arguably the fastest backcourt in the entire NBA.

In terms of fit, though, adding a big wing such as McDaniels is likely a priority, with Harrison Barnes being the only true wing on the roster. Although McDaniels had an up-and-down season on an underachieving team, it's not easy to find 6-10 forwards who can space the floor, handle in space and provide some versatility defensively. -- Schmitz

Full Hampton scouting report

12. San Antonio Spurs
i

Tyrese Maxey
Kentucky
PG/SG

Best fit: Isaac Okoro

Given DeMar DeRozan's player option, finding a long-term wing starter will surely be a priority for the Spurs.

Okoro has the toughness, unselfishness and defensive versatility that Gregg Popovich covets, but he is still a consistent jump shot away from reaching his full potential. What better place for him to hone that part of his game than with the Spurs?

If San Antonio is unable to move up high enough in the lottery to pick Okoro, a versatile guard such as Maxey could also fit. -- Givony

Full Maxey scouting report

13. Portland Trail Blazers
i

Cole Anthony
North Carolina
PG/SG

Best fit: Aaron Nesmith

The Blazers haven't been afraid to swing on talent over positional need in the past, and Anthony entered the collegiate ranks with arguably as much buzz as any player in his class.

Adding another floor-spacing wing alongside Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum also makes a lot of sense here. Six-foot-6, 215-pound Nesmith would provide instant shooting for Portland, as he knocked down 52% of his 3s on 115 attempts before going down with a foot injury. -- Schmitz

Full Anthony scouting report

14. New Orleans Pelicans
i

Aaron Nesmith
Vanderbilt
SF

Continuing to surround Zion Williamson with 3-point shooting is the best way to unlock his game. While Nesmith's college accuracy is likely unsustainable over a larger sample, there is little doubt that he's one of the best shooters in this class, especially off movement. -- Givony

15. Boston Celtics (via Memphis)
i

Devin Vassell
Florida State
G/F

Best fit: Leandro Bolmaro

Vassell's shooting will be coveted on a Celtics team that isn't short on ball handlers, but I'd love to see what 6-7 Argentine playmaker Leandro Bolmaro looks like in Brad Stevens' offense.

Bolmaro brings a nonstop motor, defense and toughness. His activity as a cutter, slasher and ball mover will make him playable early in his career, while his ballhandling and vision give him potential to develop into a big point guard of the future. -- Schmitz

16. Minnesota Timberwolves (via Brooklyn)
r687374_130x180_smallmug.jpg

Jaden McDaniels
Washington
SF/PF

Best fit: Saddiq Bey

The Timberwolves might look to shore up their wing depth if they elect to draft a guard with their lottery pick. Having a bigger wing who can also slide to the 4 and space the floor for Karl-Anthony Towns would surely be attractive. Although the upside of a project like Jaden McDaniels might be attractive at this stage of the draft, having a more ready option who is adept at defending multiple positions and spacing the floor effectively could be prudent. Bey is a long-armed, 3-point shooting wing with an NBA body and terrific role-playing potential. -- Givony

17. Orlando Magic
i

Theo Maledon
Villeurbanne
PG

Best fit: Theo Maledon

Having entered the season in our top 10, Maledon has gone from hyped to undervalued because of sporadic playing time with ASVEL and the level of competition in the EuroLeague. But at 6-5 with a strong feel for the game and the ability to play on or off the ball, Maledon would be a seamless fit alongside Markelle Fultz. -- Schmitz

18. Milwaukee Bucks (via Indiana)
i

Nico Mannion
Arizona
PG

Although the passing creativity, deep shooting range and unselfishness of Mannion is tempting, the Bucks likely will be looking to add wing depth and additional shooting to the roster. That makes Nesmith appealing if Milwaukee can snag him with Indiana's pick. -- Givony

19. Dallas Mavericks
i

Saddiq Bey
Villanova
SF

Luka Doncic is at his best with shooting and defensive versatility around him, and that's exactly what Bey provides. The Villanova product plays a mature game on both ends of the floor and offers NBA-ready skills with his spot shooting and ability to chase around an opponent's best perimeter scorer.

Although not the most explosive athlete, Bey is an underrated playmaker and would certainly fit Dallas' current timeline. -- Schmitz

20. Oklahoma City Thunder
i

Patrick Williams
Florida State
SF/PF

Best fit: Nico Mannion

With Chris Paul turning 35 and Dennis Schroder about to enter the final season of his contract, finding a guard who can complement Shai Gilgeous-Alexander long term will likely be a priority for the Thunder.

If Mannion is still available, he has the type of intangibles the organization covets, along with the shooting range and feel needed to operate in a variety of lineup constructions. If not, Williams makes sense here. -- Givony

21. Brooklyn Nets (via Philadelphia)
i

Josh Green
Arizona
G/F

Best fit: Tyler Bey

Given the Nets' timeline with Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving in the fold, a defensive dynamo such as Bey would make an intriguing fit in Brooklyn. There are prospects on the board touted more highly -- including Green -- but Bey is the type of rebounder and finisher who could make an instant impact alongside star shot creators. -- Schmitz

22. Denver Nuggets (via Houston)
i

Leandro Bolmaro
Barcelona 2
PG/SG

Wing depth likely will be a priority for the Nuggets this offseason. A bigger wing like Bey -- who can space the floor, make the extra pass and defend multiple positions -- would elevate a team that is already flush with shot creation.

And if the deep Nuggets go for the best player available, that's likely Bolmaro. -- Givony

23. Miami Heat
i

Robert Woodard II
Mississippi State
SF

Best fit: Robert Woodard II

Already loaded with once-undervalued prospects in Tyler Herro, Bam Adebayo, Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn, the Heat could get another potential value pick in Woodard. At 6-7, 230 pounds with a 7-1 wingspan, huge hands and greatly improved shooting stroke, Woodard would give Erik Spoelstra additional depth at the combo forward spot behind Jae Crowder. -- Schmitz

24. Utah Jazz
i

Kira Lewis Jr.
Alabama
PG

Best fit: Kira Lewis Jr.

The Jazz will have to wait on Mike Conley's $34 million player option decision, but they are likely to be in the market for depth at point guard regardless.

This class is flush with young guard prospects to groom for the future, and Lewis' speed, unselfishness, creativity and budding shot-making give him a great framework, especially considering he's younger than most freshmen projected to be drafted. -- Givony

25. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Denver)
i

Jahmi'us Ramsey
Texas Tech
SG

Best fit: Jalen Smith

Ramsey is the likely pick here for now, but I like the fit with Maryland's Jalen Smith.

Fresh off a season in which he averaged 15.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.4 blocks while shooting 60% from 2 and 37% from 3, Smith is an ideal big to pair with Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Often earning comparisons to a smaller Myles Turner, Smith should be considered one of the top non-lottery sleepers, especially for a Thunder team that could use a floor-spacing, shot-blocking big. -- Schmitz

26. Boston Celtics
i

Isaiah Stewart
Washington
C

Best fit: Isaiah Stewart

The Celtics cycled through different options at center this season and should look to the draft to improve their depth inside. Stewart brings toughness, intensity and physicality to every possession, making him a solid fit on a roster with plenty of shot creation and scoring. -- Givony

27. New York Knicks (via LA Clippers)
i

Vernon Carey Jr.
Duke
C

Best fit: Payton Pritchard

While the Knicks are likely set on finding their point guard of the future with their top-10 pick -- and Carey will be appealing this late in the first round -- Pritchard could help turn the franchise around with his shooting and toughness. He shoots it from 30-plus feet with ease, makes most basic reads and displays underrated defensive skills. Pritchard also fits well alongside shot-creating wings such as RJ Barrett thanks to his ability to space the floor off the catch. -- Schmitz

28. Toronto Raptors
r687380_130x180_smallmug.jpg

Aleksej Pokusevski
Olympiakos B
PF

Best fit: Isaiah Stewart

The Raptors have never been shy about investing resources in prospects needing long-term development. A 7-footer who can dribble, pass and shoot, Pokusevski wouldn't have been eligible for the draft had he been born six days later, making him one of the youngest players ever projected to be drafted in this age-limit era. With Serge Ibaka and Marc Gasol passing their prime, the Raptors might look at the plethora of big men available here. -- Givony

29. Los Angeles Lakers
i

Cassius Winston
Michigan State
PG

Best fit: Skylar Mays

One of the most polished pick-and-roll point guards in the draft, Winston would give the Lakers a much-needed boost at the backup PG spot with his handle, craft, touch and feel. I'm also fascinated by LSU's Skylar Mays and his potential fit alongside LeBron James or, in the second unit, Alex Caruso. The 6-4 senior is a combo guard who can run the show in a pinch, knock down open spot 3s, play pick-and-roll and defend point guards thanks to his toughness and instincts. -- Schmitz

30. Boston Celtics (via Milwaukee)
i

Jalen Smith
Maryland
PF

Best fit: Cassius Winston

Smith would be a nice addition to Boston's frontcourt, but having a cheap yet productive backup point guard behind Kemba Walker will be appealing here as well. And Winston's pick-and-roll prowess combined with his 3-point ability is highly attractive in today's NBA. -- Givony

Second Round
31. Mavericks (via Warriors)

Udoka Azubuike | Kansas | C | Age: 20.5

32. Hornets (via Cavaliers)

Devon Dotson | Kansas | PG | Age: 20.6

33. 76ers (via Hawks)

Daniel Oturu | Minnesota | C | Age: 20.5

34. Timberwolves

Zeke Nnaji | Arizona | C | Age: 19.2

35. Kings (via Pistons)

Tyler Bey | Colorado | PF | Age: 21.1

36. 76ers (via Knicks)

Payton Pritchard | Oregon | PG | Age: 22.1

37. Wizards (via Bulls)

Keyontae Johnson | Florida | SF | Age: 20.8

38. Knicks (via Hornets)

Tre Jones | Duke | PG | Age: 20.2

39. Pelicans (via Wizards)

Jordan Nwora | Louisville | SF/PF | Age: 21.5

40. Grizzlies (via Suns)

Amar Sylla | Oostende | PF/C | Age: 18.5

41. Kings

Corey Kispert | Gonzaga | SF | Age: 21.0

42. Spurs

Abdoulaye N'doye | Cholet | PG/SG | Age: 22.0

43. Blazers

Jared Butler | Baylor | PG/SG | Age: 19.6

44. Pelicans

Malachi Flynn | San Diego State | PG | Age: 21.9

45. Bulls (via Grizzlies)

Grant Riller | Charleston | PG/SG | Age: 23.1

46. Celtics (via Nets)

Skylar Mays | LSU | PG/SG | 22.5

47. Magic

Elijah Hughes | Syracuse | SG/SF | Age: 22.0

48. Pacers

Cassius Stanley | Duke | SG/SF | Age: 20.6

49. Warriors (via Mavericks)

Reggie Perry | Mississippi State | PF/C | Age: 20.0

50. Thunder

Xavier Tillman | Michigan State | C | Age: 21.2

51. 76ers

Paul Reed | DePaul | PF | Age: 20.8

52. Hawks (via Rockets)

Kenyon Martin Jr. | IMG Academy | SF/PF | Age: 19.2

53. Kings (via Heat)

Ashton Hagans | Kentucky | PG | Age: 20.7

54. Warriors (via Jazz)

Killian Tillie | Gonzaga | PF/C | Age: 21.9

55. Nets (via Nuggets)

Paul Eboua | Pesaro | PF/C | Age: 20.1

56. Hornets (via Celtics)

John Petty | Alabama | SG/SF | Age: 21.3

57. Clippers

Nick Richards | Kentucky | C | Age: 22.3

58. Raptors

Immanuel Quickley | Kentucky | PG | Age: 20.8

59. 76ers (via Lakers)

Desmond Bane | TCU | SG | Age: 21.7

60. Pelicans (via Bucks)

Markus Howard | Marquette | PG | Age: 21.0

Thank you kindly. :pimp:
I saw it was out like 10 min before you posted. Was waiting on getting a login from a friend :lol:

You cool with Cassius? I wouldn't mind him with one of the Boston picks as long as we still get Jalen Smith (which this has us doing).

Anybody got intel on Isaiah Stewart? Can he actually play C in the NBA? Is he better than someone like Caleb Swanigan?

I saw it was out like 10 min before you posted. Was waiting on getting a login from a friend :lol:

You cool with Cassius? I wouldn't mind him with one of the Boston picks as long as we still get Jalen Smith (which this has us doing).

Anybody got intel on Isaiah Stewart? Can he actually play C in the NBA? Is he better than someone like Caleb Swanigan?
Cassius is cool with me. I want a PG (or a PF since it looks like the Lakers see Kuzma as a SF now).

Tyrell Terry is intriguing but he's several years away. Maybe Tre Jones if he could convince me his shooting is real.

Hot take but I think the bulls move Laurie and somehow move for toppin
I've seen a lot of Lauri rumors on Reddit recently. He'd be an interesting piece for a lot of teams.

Wonder what the Bulls could get for him?

Wouldn’t he be a great fit for GSW?

Toppin seems like a 2002-2011 Bulls pick funny enough being an older, accomplished prospect in college.

Vecenie and Hollinger both compared Avdija to a more athletic version of Saric, but also think people are too high on him.

My cross racial, cross continental comp for Avdija was going to be Kyle Anderson.

Last edited:
I know there's a large Jewish population in NY, but zero chance Knicks take Avdija. Especially without private workouts.

Heard rumors that Lauri wants out too. Knicks/Bulls held discussions during the deadine (not surrounding Lauri) maybe something involving Randle can work.

The idea of Anthony Edwards going 1 seems nuts to me.

Call me crazy but I dunno how you can talk yourself into a perimeter player with limited feel for the game.

I'm personally tired of getting burned by that, of you can't feel the game and you aren't a 7 foot tall physical specimen I can't take you in the top 5 in any draft.

What is even the precident for a guy with Anthony Edwards with profile being an all star?

I didn't watch much college this year so feel free to ignore me.

The idea of Anthony Edwards going 1 seems nuts to me.

Call me crazy but I dunno how you can talk yourself into a perimeter player with limited feel for the game.

I'm personally tired of getting burned by that, of you can't feel the game and you aren't a 7 foot tall physical specimen I can't take you in the top 5 in any draft.

What is even the precident for a guy with Anthony Edwards with profile being an all star?

I didn't watch much college this year so feel free to ignore me.
I think "limited feel for the game" is a stretch.

After listening to pods and reading stuff, it seems like most point to his poor shot selection more than anything else. Settles for too many jumpers. That's something that can be refined, IMO, especially when he's not going to be a lead ball handler at the next level. Didn't shoot as well as you'd like, but also played on a team that couldn't really shoot in general. Nobody hit 3s over 35%.

I think he's certainly more raw than you'd like your #1 pick to be, but I do think he has a better "base" than anybody else, which is more of a testament to what this draft is than anything. Has the frame and athleticism. Has the ability to get his own shot. Really good downhill. Should be a solid defender.

You couldn't have a more perfect fit for him than Golden State. He can be a legit asset off their bench, focus on defense and refining shot selection, and learn from Steph and Klay.

Lamelo is the only other player I would personally consider for #1, but he has an even worse shot selection than Edwards on top of being a worse shooter. Skilled ball handler and great passer. Don't think he'll ever be a decent defensive player though.

It just speaks to the draft class quality

If he pans out to be an Oladipo or Mitchell, I don't think you can be mad at that. Realistically he absolutely could be them, right?

Other than that who else would you take #1?

Back
Top Bottom