2024 NBA Draft Thread

If the Anthony Edwards comparisons are Oladipo, Mitchell, Lavine etc etc then thats not THAT bad for a #1 pick.

One could argue Mitchell (maybe Tatum) and Dipo (outside Giannis) were the best players from the their drafts.

if i sucked for a year and got Lavine as a number one pick I would cry myself to sleep every night. Dipo and Mitchell are barley acceptable.

but I just view Dipo and Mitchell as much more natural ball players with better instincts and feel stuff I think you can't teach.

You gotta be great at something to be drafted in the top 2.

For Edwards its scoring
For Ball its passing

This draft has 2013 feels.

If the Anthony Edwards comparisons are Oladipo, Mitchell, Lavine etc etc then thats not THAT bad for a #1 pick.

One could argue Mitchell (maybe Tatum) and Dipo (outside Giannis) were the best players from the their drafts.
Tatum is obviously the best player from that draft. Nobody would take Mitchell over him right now.

Edwards is basically a 6'5" 225 pound version of Donovan Mitchell. Perhaps it's not exactly what you'd want as the #1 pick in most drafts, but you only have to focus on what THIS draft is. If he hits his potential, I think he's an all-star caliber player by the end of his rookie deal. Similar to a Donovan Mitchell or Jaylen Brown. That's just what this draft is. It's much more like that 2014 draft (excluding Giannis).

Mitchell and Dipo are different caliber athletes man, Mitchell had the fastest sprint in the combine I belive, pretty sure Oladipo put up eye popping agility and sprint numbers also,
more importantly they just look faster on tape.

Yall really think Anthony Edwards is in that zone?

just watching him he seems, strong great body, nice pop off the floor, but he don't strike me Dipo, Mitchell, Jaylen brown level.

couple shades below that

I think we can all agree that he's gonna be a high volume possibly inefficient SG.

Definitely starter material.

Lavine is going between the legs from the free throw line guys cmon man.

never-mind the fact that Zach Lavine has one of the most versatile jumpers in the league, quick release, huge rise, compact release.

Lavine is going between the legs from the free throw line guys cmon man.

never-mind the fact that Zach Lavine has one of the most versatile jumpers in the league, quick release, huge rise, compact release.
You doubted LaVine years back for his jumper. :nerd:

I think most of those comparisons are wild to me. Only Jalen Brown strikes me as semi reasonable.

Jaylen Brown is best case, but like Josh Jackson seems also a realistic outcome.

Back
Top Bottom