The 25 most Overrated things in hip hop history

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Someone show me where the filler is on Life After Death. I don't see it. I'm tellin you 2-3 records tops, and those weren't horrible by any stretch of the imagination.

#+!*+!@ you tonight
miss u
another
playa hater
nasty boy

hypnotize and mo money mo problems were cool at first but now have turned into skips songs

Originally Posted by mossman75

Someone show me where the filler is on Life After Death. I don't see it. I'm tellin you 2-3 records tops, and those weren't horrible by any stretch of the imagination.

#+!*+!@ you tonight
miss u
another
playa hater

Fixed.

4 tracks out of 24 is filler now?

I consider Playa Hater more of an interlude than anything. The dude sang the entire song for crying out loud. %%@+!$% You Tonight is a classic song. It still gets burn on radio, so no. +!*$@+ love that song.

Eminem? Really? His first three records were certified classics. Encore was a sh*t sandwich, I ain't gonna lie. Relapse was decent, but could have been so much more. I thought Recovery was great. Lyrically Em has been untouchable since his comeback.

Also, Reasonable Doubt at #2? FOH.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

They should have had The Black Album on there.

indifferent.gif

cant be real life...

#+!*+!@ you tonight
miss u
another
playa hater
nasty boy

hypnotize and mo money mo problems were cool at first but now have turned into skips songs
loosen up that backpack b...all those songs go hard.

I knew Wayne was gonna be number 1. He just sounds like he finds a problem with whatever is popular and nit picks. I do agree with some of the selections, namely award shows and the streets.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Originally Posted by Peep Game

They should have had The Black Album on there.

indifferent.gif

cant be real life...
Nah, it's real life. I really think people were blinded by the event and spectacle of The Black Album than the album itself.
Once the parade and fireworks settle and you actually kick back and listen to it, it's just a good album and nothing else.

Originally Posted by RipC

Eminem? Really? His first three records were certified classics. Encore was a sh*t sandwich, I ain't gonna lie. Relapse was decent, but could have been so much more. I thought Recovery was great. Lyrically Em has been untouchable since his comeback.

Also, Reasonable Doubt at #2? FOH.

SSLP was very good MMLP was a classic and TES was good. Everything after that was forgettable to say the least..

Originally Posted by Heshua

Originally Posted by G14

they tried eminem

i'll put eminem over pac or big....that says alot
It does say a lot.  It says that what comes through your ears does not reach your brain fam.  Something just aint clicking there with you.  I'm sorry.
roll.gif
I'm not sure how I feel about this list. I do fully agree with #1 though

Originally Posted by ninjahood

#+!*+!@ you tonight
miss u
another
playa hater
nasty boy

loosen up that backpack b...all those songs go hard.
laugh.gif
Believe me your not the only one that told me this. Me and other guys i work told had many debates on this album,  i  dont hate them songs it just the fact it brings the album down

#+!*+!@ you tonight
miss u
another
playa hater
nasty boy

I'll give you miss u and another. F'n you tonight and Nasty both still go hard. Playa Hater was more of a skit/interlude. As for the other two you mentioned, I'm simply going to pretend you didn't mention them.

they disrespected too many of my fav albums for me to take the list serious

Life After Death
Reasonable Doubt
TM 101

HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING ASSOCIATED WITH THIS BS LIST

I don't understand why I Used To Love Her is on the list, the explanation did not make any sense. Putting RD on the list is wild ridiculous. It is a classic. %%## what the impact it had when it dropped.

While somethings on this list don't even need to be mentioned cuz they're so common, then the amount of things he's flat out wrong about, and other things aren't even rated enough to be overrated imo there is a grip of poignant things on this list.

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

Originally Posted by iHust1e

The TM 101 one hut me a little 
frown.gif

No diplomats slander tho 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Right when I read this Im Ready starts playing on my speakers
I'm ready is a classic 
but they need to take Ether off there only some Jay-z stans would say some @%% like that 

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Every solo effort after the War Report has been pretty awful? I don't care who your are. The album N.O.R.E. is a street classic.

Originally Posted by Heshua

Originally Posted by G14

they tried eminem

i'll put eminem over pac or big....that says alot
It does say a lot.  It says that what comes through your ears does not reach your brain fam.  Something just aint clicking there with you.  I'm sorry.
roll.gif

how is noreaga on the list?

lets see, 2 classic albums under his belt (war report & N.O.R.E) with N.O.R.E going platinum, not to mention, superthug put the neptunes on the map.

he's right about the so called saviors of NY. he missed french montana, vado, jr writer.

NY dont need saving, hip hop/rap does.

Back
Top Bottom