The 45 Most Powerful Images Of 2011

http://www.buzzfeed.com/m...-powerful-photos-of-2011

Some pretty powerful stuff in here

If it is already posted (didn't find a thread) lock it up

enhanced-buzz-wide-26539-1322960640-2.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-27346-1322947830-8.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-2450-1322856749-40.jpg

Slain Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson's dog "Hawkeye" lays next to his casket during funeral services in Rockford, Iowa. Tumilson was one of 30 American soldiers killed in Afghanistan on August 6 when their helicopter was shot down during a mission to help fellow troops who had come under fire.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

A student is punched in the face by a police officer in Chile. Students in Chile are demanding a new framework for education.

Reality

enhanced-buzz-wide-7222-1322859319-47.jpg

Mihag Gedi Farah, a seven-month-old child, is held by his mother in a field hospital of the International Rescue Committee in the town of Dadaab, Kenya. The baby has since made a full recovery.

(AP / Schalk Van Zuydam)

This was posted on NT a wihle back as well
340266262b681e8e2b937d2014b1c7bf917555b9_r.jpg

Australian Scott Jones kisses his Canadian girlfriend Alex Thomas after she was knocked to the ground by a police officer's riot shield in Vancouver, British Columbia. Canadians rioted after the Vancouver Canucks lost the Stanley Cup to the Boston Bruins.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

[/font]

Malibu Rum, wine glasses and cigarettes...what a totally appropriate memorial for Amy Winehouse.

I hate it when people say "powerful pictures". Like explain that? I don't feel anything.

That childs eyes are begging for life. That's amazing.  

megatron wrote:
I hate it when people say "powerful pictures". Like explain that? I don't feel anything.

You're not in touch. I cant blame you though. A lot of people dont know what it means to be human today. When you can log on to the web and see gruesome acts of violence and unfortunate fates, it makes you almost forget that that was a real person with a real life instead of... Internet content for your entertainment...

Seems like they are trying to show the amount of police brutality that happened this year.

The composition in some of these pictures are on point.

*Takes notes for next photography course*

So what happened to the pig who pepper sprayed the protesters?

enhanced-buzz-wide-27537-1322853417-25.jpg

The irony of this picture - things that contributed to her death
tired.gif

This is an amazing photo essay, but NTers in this thread basically picked the handful of the least powerful pics to post in here. Amy Winehouse? Pepper spray? $#+#.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

This is an amazing photo essay, but NTers in this thread basically picked the handful of the least powerful pics to post in here. Amy Winehouse? Pepper spray? $#+#.
Who are you to say what other people think are powerful pictures?

Back
Top Bottom