The 99ers Vol. Unemployment.. !%#$ is real

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I got laid off 
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
hold your head

Damn MNR. Sorry to hear that. Just got a call from Bed Bath & Beyond. Got the stocking job. Start tomorrow morning. I literally screamed when I hung up the phone. Been jobless for so long I was getting used to being broke
30t6p3b.gif

Damn MNR. Sorry to hear that. Just got a call from Bed Bath & Beyond. Got the stocking job. Start tomorrow morning. I literally screamed when I hung up the phone. Been jobless for so long I was getting used to being broke
30t6p3b.gif

Just landed a second job here in Socal, just to earn extra income for the holidays.  

Goodluck to everyone.

Just landed a second job here in Socal, just to earn extra income for the holidays.  

Goodluck to everyone.

Somebody tell me where they're hiring in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Preferably high paying-minimum amount of work jobs
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

tired.gif

Somebody tell me where they're hiring in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Preferably high paying-minimum amount of work jobs
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

How would I go about finding a job overseas?

i always wondered about this, even out of state. do you try to set up all your interviews during the same week and fly out there. do you put it down on your cover letter the reason you are applying out of state

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

How would I go about finding a job overseas?

i always wondered about this, even out of state. do you try to set up all your interviews during the same week and fly out there. do you put it down on your cover letter the reason you are applying out of state

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

1. Lie on your resume if you have to. Why? Because more people lie then you'd believe and even less employers check.
  --  I have 2 friends in the past 6 months that got jobs in finance ( micro finance firm  and a Hedge Fund) and they wouldn't have got the jobs if they didn't lie on their Resume. I'm not for it but in reality you have extremely little to lose by doing this.

2. If you don't have kids and are not tied down for a good reason then start looking outside of the US. It's not going to get better here any time soon.  Your relative proficiency in English (it is the global language) and a US degree are attractive overseas. 

3. Look into starting your own enterprise. The education system in this country doesn't teach you how to be self sufficient because its purpose is to churn out workers for Corporate America (where do you think they get most of their funding from). 

I'm thankful everyday that I have a relatively stable job and good pay. I realize how hard it is out there. I can move out but I still live with my parents because if I do lose my job, it takes an average of 10 months to find work (for those who actually find work). 

I don't see it getting any better for the foreseeable future though unless the feds start hiring for the sole purpose of driving down the unemployment rate. 

QFT. MOST REAL STATEMENT SPOKEN IN THIS THREAD. THE REWARD FAR OUTWEIGHS THE RISKS. IF YOU AREN'T DOING IT SOMEONE ELSE IS AND THEY ARE THE ONES WALKING AWAY WITH THE JOB.

1. Lie on your resume if you have to. Why? Because more people lie then you'd believe and even less employers check.
  --  I have 2 friends in the past 6 months that got jobs in finance ( micro finance firm  and a Hedge Fund) and they wouldn't have got the jobs if they didn't lie on their Resume. I'm not for it but in reality you have extremely little to lose by doing this.

2. If you don't have kids and are not tied down for a good reason then start looking outside of the US. It's not going to get better here any time soon.  Your relative proficiency in English (it is the global language) and a US degree are attractive overseas. 

3. Look into starting your own enterprise. The education system in this country doesn't teach you how to be self sufficient because its purpose is to churn out workers for Corporate America (where do you think they get most of their funding from). 

I'm thankful everyday that I have a relatively stable job and good pay. I realize how hard it is out there. I can move out but I still live with my parents because if I do lose my job, it takes an average of 10 months to find work (for those who actually find work). 

I don't see it getting any better for the foreseeable future though unless the feds start hiring for the sole purpose of driving down the unemployment rate. 

QFT. MOST REAL STATEMENT SPOKEN IN THIS THREAD. THE REWARD FAR OUTWEIGHS THE RISKS. IF YOU AREN'T DOING IT SOMEONE ELSE IS AND THEY ARE THE ONES WALKING AWAY WITH THE JOB.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Getting blackballed from the industry potentially is one.  And that can have very dire effects for your future.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Getting blackballed from the industry potentially is one.  And that can have very dire effects for your future.

LIKE DUDE SAID, VERY FEW EMPLOYERS CHECK AND I KNOW THIS JUST FROM TALKING AND JOKING AROUND WITH OUR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER WHO HIRED ME. SHE SAID ALL THEY CHECKED WAS IF I HAD A CRIMINAL RECORD....

I'M NOT SAYING CLAIM U GRADUATED FROM HARVARD WHEN REALLY IT WAS FAMU.....LOL

LIKE DUDE SAID, VERY FEW EMPLOYERS CHECK AND I KNOW THIS JUST FROM TALKING AND JOKING AROUND WITH OUR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER WHO HIRED ME. SHE SAID ALL THEY CHECKED WAS IF I HAD A CRIMINAL RECORD....

I'M NOT SAYING CLAIM U GRADUATED FROM HARVARD WHEN REALLY IT WAS FAMU.....LOL

Back
Top Bottom