The 99ers Vol. Unemployment.. !%#$ is real

Originally Posted by gentry187

I work for the LA school district. I got my lay off letter this past week. My last day is Nov. 30th. Right before the holidays. They couldn't of picked a worse time.
30t6p3b.gif

Sorry to hear that man
30t6p3b.gif

I work for the LA school district. I got my lay off letter this past week. My last day is Nov. 30th. Right before the holidays. They couldn't of picked a worse time.
30t6p3b.gif

frown.gif
sick.gif
damn dude, sorry to hear that.

30t6p3b.gif

frown.gif
sick.gif
damn dude, sorry to hear that.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Me: Hi! Could I please have a job application?
Her: Sure! We're taking applications, but we're not hi-
Me: *walks out in disgust*

Every god damn place I go
30t6p3b.gif

And then when I do get an interview, at a bank or some other place doing online applications, I either dont have the necessary experience (for an entry level job... I CANT GET ANY %+#*@+% EXPERIENCE IF I CANT GET A %+#*@+% JOB
mad.gif
), or my schedule is too conflicting
eyes.gif

I really gotta find 10k and just start my own business.

30t6p3b.gif

And then when I do get an interview, at a bank or some other place doing online applications, I either dont have the necessary experience (for an entry level job... I CANT GET ANY %+#*@+% EXPERIENCE IF I CANT GET A %+#*@+% JOB
mad.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif
eyes.gif

what kind of business you thinkin bout with 10k?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif
eyes.gif

what kind of business you thinkin bout with 10k?
nerd.gif

Short answer: Direct business to business marketing. Very low overhead.

I've discussed it with a couple people on here before... a while back.

Short answer: Direct business to business marketing. Very low overhead.

I've discussed it with a couple people on here before... a while back.

30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif

Sorry to hear about this.

I'm trying to get my LAUSD Employee number back, I haven't worked for the District in over a year.  I worked for an after school program throughout college, now it's a solid side gig.  Just being a ref for basketball and football, $15hr.  Haven't done it in a year, got a call that since I didn't take a Child Abuse training course my number is on the chopping block.

I don't really need the job, but it's not bad to have that side/extra money once in awhile.

there's no jobs?? tell that to the single mother working 2-3 jobs to support her family, to the Mexican immigrant making $8/hr in a strawberry field picking fruit for your #!# in 95 degree heat with a SMILE on his face. or the handicapped dude down the street working at Goodwill, enduring pain and embarrassment every day but who has pride in having a job, any job. you wanna know why unemployment is so high? lazy people. there's never a shortage of jobs at McDonald's, Motel 8, your local supermarket, gas station, etc. people would rather collect that check and sit on their #!# in front of the TV all day, rather than "demean" themselves doing real work in the interim, doing any number of jobs available at all times. this is an open letter to anyone, not directed at OP or any specific person..

This is a really outdated line of thinking.  It's hard out there, even minimum wage jobs are hard to come by.

I am fortunate to have a steady career, now I'm just grinding to climb the ladder.  I still keep two very flexible side jobs around.  Extra money never hurts, and I basically work when I can or when I want to.  Like I mentioned above, one of those part time side jobs is on the chopping block
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif

Sorry to hear about this.

I'm trying to get my LAUSD Employee number back, I haven't worked for the District in over a year.  I worked for an after school program throughout college, now it's a solid side gig.  Just being a ref for basketball and football, $15hr.  Haven't done it in a year, got a call that since I didn't take a Child Abuse training course my number is on the chopping block.

I don't really need the job, but it's not bad to have that side/extra money once in awhile.

there's no jobs?? tell that to the single mother working 2-3 jobs to support her family, to the Mexican immigrant making $8/hr in a strawberry field picking fruit for your #!# in 95 degree heat with a SMILE on his face. or the handicapped dude down the street working at Goodwill, enduring pain and embarrassment every day but who has pride in having a job, any job. you wanna know why unemployment is so high? lazy people. there's never a shortage of jobs at McDonald's, Motel 8, your local supermarket, gas station, etc. people would rather collect that check and sit on their #!# in front of the TV all day, rather than "demean" themselves doing real work in the interim, doing any number of jobs available at all times. this is an open letter to anyone, not directed at OP or any specific person..

This is a really outdated line of thinking.  It's hard out there, even minimum wage jobs are hard to come by.

I am fortunate to have a steady career, now I'm just grinding to climb the ladder.  I still keep two very flexible side jobs around.  Extra money never hurts, and I basically work when I can or when I want to.  Like I mentioned above, one of those part time side jobs is on the chopping block
frown.gif

Originally Posted by nine point five

If laziness is the cause of unemployment why has it increased so much in the last two years or so? Are Americans just twice as lazy is that why the unemployment rate has roughly doubled since 2008?

If laziness is the cause of unemployment why has it increased so much in the last two years or so? Are Americans just twice as lazy is that why the unemployment rate has roughly doubled since 2008?

^ I see you truly do not get it. I know of too many folks looking for jobs and it's simply a numbers game, employers hesitant on hiring due to their own uncertainties (pertaining to laws, funding, growth, legislation etc etc), employers cherry picking ( ex. looking for recent laid off applicants with direct training so they don't have to train),  30 to 50 folks at any given time all applying for a checker or baggage position, etc etc...i think most folks have swallowed their pride a long time ago esp since most folks have exhausted their UI. I don't want no problems but you do not get it, is my point.

This guy below was a Fiber Optics Engineering Manager for crying out loud...

^ I see you truly do not get it. I know of too many folks looking for jobs and it's simply a numbers game, employers hesitant on hiring due to their own uncertainties (pertaining to laws, funding, growth, legislation etc etc), employers cherry picking ( ex. looking for recent laid off applicants with direct training so they don't have to train),  30 to 50 folks at any given time all applying for a checker or baggage position, etc etc...i think most folks have swallowed their pride a long time ago esp since most folks have exhausted their UI. I don't want no problems but you do not get it, is my point.

This guy below was a Fiber Optics Engineering Manager for crying out loud...

Serious message!! Big font!! Serious Message!! Big Font!!

But on the real, I feel you (no bromo or illuminati).

Serious message!! Big font!! Serious Message!! Big Font!!

But on the real, I feel you (no bromo or illuminati).

gentry187 wrote:
30t6p3b.gif

Gentry187, that's cold bleed! I am sorry to hear this. 

I am not sure what your situation is but from what I hear out here is that LAUSD is hiring right about now and scheduling tests so I presume they are laying off a lot of folks and replacing them asap.

The kicker is the reasoning...i am hearing that LAUSD and a lot of other places are firing employees who have relatives working for the company, complain too much, call off sick excessively, abuse FMLA, getting close to retiring, etc etc just to name a few and replacing them with either illegals, fresh out of college applicants and folks who are willing to take the lowest amount they offer in pay.

Nonetheless, it's a cold game and I'm sorry to hear this but make sure you go and apply immediately somewhere with transer direct skills since most companies prefer you guys and vets...from what i hear.

gentry187 wrote:
30t6p3b.gif

Gentry187, that's cold bleed! I am sorry to hear this. 

I am not sure what your situation is but from what I hear out here is that LAUSD is hiring right about now and scheduling tests so I presume they are laying off a lot of folks and replacing them asap.

The kicker is the reasoning...i am hearing that LAUSD and a lot of other places are firing employees who have relatives working for the company, complain too much, call off sick excessively, abuse FMLA, getting close to retiring, etc etc just to name a few and replacing them with either illegals, fresh out of college applicants and folks who are willing to take the lowest amount they offer in pay.

Nonetheless, it's a cold game and I'm sorry to hear this but make sure you go and apply immediately somewhere with transer direct skills since most companies prefer you guys and vets...from what i hear.

+%+! is really tough.

i've lucked out. i make $17 an hour at one of my jobs, and work a bar job as my second, so make $100 a night just off tips, plus salary.

i honestly feel at a point where i'm stuck though, and that's why i try so hard with the music stuff, that's where i feel my future is...

+%+! is really tough.

i've lucked out. i make $17 an hour at one of my jobs, and work a bar job as my second, so make $100 a night just off tips, plus salary.

i honestly feel at a point where i'm stuck though, and that's why i try so hard with the music stuff, that's where i feel my future is...

Honestly have no idea what it would be like to not be able to find a job.
Peace to all yall on the grind....

Honestly have no idea what it would be like to not be able to find a job.
Peace to all yall on the grind....

Back
Top Bottom