The Air Jordan XV OG Black/Red returns Spring 2017

IMG_20180121_000835.jpg
IMG_20180204_010635.jpg
Just showing some love to the XV. :nthat:

Shot in the dark here, but does anyone know of any spots that might still have some pairs of these cheap? Since everyone basically hates the 15 there are only like 2 pair in my size on eBay and they’re $240. Thanks in advance!

It’s weird man I’ve held the 15 as like the reference point for bad Air Jordans since I can remember first seeing them. Heck man I had some flints I got brand new off Eastbay for like $49 back then and I never wore them partly because I hated them, and partly because they were half size large. Fast forward 20 years and I suddenly find them rad

I love the shoe really. But at the same time being realistic about it its a horrible basketball shoe to play in. I had the originals and played several indoor games in them. They were terrible compared to the previous XIV in 99. Padding was bad, feet were sliding everywhere, the lacing system did not go high enough to feel like you had support. I feel like if the tongue went up instead of out, with the woven pattern higher to wrap around the ankle better, it would have been good to play in. Obviously better padding.
Looks wise, always envisioned a 7th ring. They "look" like an air jordan to me that would have been worn during his prime years. 99-00. Its a what if shoe. Like the IX. Tink hates it, everyone hates it, but I dont. Just a few adjustments and these could have been greats. I think so anyway.
I have made a ton of colorways of these on 2k. Thoughts in my head of what could have been. I would show, but all it does is create a bunch of, well you know what I mean. I remember the first time I watched MJ to the Max home Video. Small clip of him playing in them against some girls in his camp. I was instantly obsessed with them. Wanting photos, got the Slam Mag showing what they were. I wanted bad. But then in a hurry, that adult life got in the way lol. Other things took over my focus. You all understand this. So, 2000 or 01 cant remember. My mom calls me one day and says "Jason, I want to buy you a pair of these Jordan shoes for your birthday". She had an Eastbay mag sent to the house and saw them for like 79.99. Her ideal price range lol. I really was shocked seeing how the last pair she bought for me was the Charcoal 7 in 93 on discount. My first J ever btw. Everything else after that was on me. Chores and Mowing lawns. Bailing hay. Anyway I said hell yeah, I want the Black Reds. She responded with, "they dont have those anymore". So long to short here I ended up with Obsidions. Beat the **** out of them. Got the last retro, of both. Still hold on to them firmly though tied to my mother that always thought Jordan shoes were rediculous in price. For her to think about me in that regard knowing all that Js meant to me through those years means a lot. Jordan XV will always be special to me. Regardless of overall opinion.

JRepp thanks for sharing man. You took me down memory lane to the simpler times! I can guarantee the shoes your mom bought you for $79 are from the exact same era as when I got my flints for $49. I probably just waited until the next catalog or something. I remember calling them and they didn’t have the black and reds, at the time the only colors left in my size were the flints and the obsidians. I chose the flints at the time. And like I mentioned earlier they were basically the mockery of my collection for many years lol, but now I want them in my proper size. I’ll see if I can dig up a pic of mine.

I have flints and thought they were the best colorway. also got them on deep disco from eastbay. still rock them from time to time. i think i liked 15s just cuz noone else did lol.
never got the retros though cuz they dont have forefoot air. pissed me off so bad

Just got some stealth 2017s in from eBay and they are fire! The only thing of note is they are a huge pain to get on compared to the originals. And the pleather mudguard is kinda stiff compared to the genuine cow of the OG. Otherwise they’re insane on foot IMO
Don’t wear them too long or else those forefoot brake pads will start squeaking. $180 MSRP, reused the same midsole as the OG but replaced the forefoot Zoom with pieces of crap. Along with the pleather. I don’t get this brand sometimes... they’ll throw Zoom at a $90 trainer, then strip it from high-end Retros and Retro Jumpmans now dubbed as “Lifestyle footwear”. People actually want comfortable lifestyle shoes.

Last edited:
How’s the sizing/fit?

they helped get Reggie Miller to the nba finals. The only reason why I’d even cop is because that 99-00 year was a transition year for the brand and the nba. Nostalgia Bebe.

I’m probably the least likely dude on here to go play some ball in any Jordan as my Jordan wearing consists largely of putting them on to run some errands on off days. Or I’ll get the kids in bed and prop up my new ones on the coffee table while I play cod or something lol, so I’ll never notice or care about how they wear under pressure or how they play. They’re awesome for what I’m doing with them.

9A085E17-EA6B-4BB3-B068-233933A900AD.jpeg

still ds. Think I tried them on once or twice over the years but they were too big and like I said I didn’t like them. I think the flints are the worst color

Wowww this was probably my FAV color hands down in HS. I have been dying for this color way to comeback more than any. I think I respect the Black color way as the top one because its the OG but these right here are a big deal to me.

Shot in the dark here, but does anyone know of any spots that might still have some pairs of these cheap? Since everyone basically hates the 15 there are only like 2 pair in my size on eBay and they’re $240. Thanks in advance!
Nah it's been 3 years. No way you'll find them in a retail store. They sold pretty well actually

GOAT
A0543FAA-A934-4739-A425-E6324B86BEC9.png

Last edited:
very clean pair. Wonder what size they are? Im surprised that paper hasn't caused them to yellow up real bad.

Thanks man! Honestly I have no idea the condition they’re in as of now, that photo was the last pic of them I had on my phone and it was from like 2018, so it’s possible they aged a little. Honestly though they looked sparkly new from 2001 when I got them from Eastbay until I sold them. Maybe it was because unlike all the shoes I adore, I almost never ever took the 15s out of the box or anything to drool on em lol. They just sat around for 16+ years boxed up cuz like I said I didn’t care for the 15, and they were half size large (they were size 10 btw).
Speaking of I cannot believe how difficult it is to get the retros in by comparison. That inner bootie TIGHT AF! 😂

Back
Top Bottom