The Air Jordan XVI returns in 2016

It amazes me how in this day and age,, in the world filled with leaks and pictures, these sneaker brands still have a way to keep certain shoes under wraps, this one being a perfect example

Not one soul here knew or even heard about these, I love it :pimp:
That baffles me as well. We see some shoes 6+ months before release and others the month before. Nike does this intentionally though. You can't convince me otherwise. Selling things is about mental as much as it is product delivery.

Wow I like them!
We need Ginger and Cherrywoods!

Attachments

• 0FA4A5EE-4C01-4585-A34A-73F3AEBCE775.jpeg
    0FA4A5EE-4C01-4585-A34A-73F3AEBCE775.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 190
The Jordan “Why Not?” x Converse Pack

September 10, 2020 - The Jordan “Why Not?” x Converse Pack treats two of Russell Westbrook’s favorite silhouettes – the Air Jordan XVI and the Converse Chuck 70 – in a graphic and materials arrangement inspired by his gritty play on the court as well as chain nets found on outdoor basketball courts.

In addition to Westbrook’s energy on the court, his unmatched style has no boundaries. The Air Jordan XVI features a detachable, magnetic shroud that can instantly transform the shoe’s look.

The Air Jordan XVI and the Converse Chuck 70 feature a range of textures, from leather to satin, that nod back to rock and roll-styled leather jackets that Westbrook enjoys wearing.
Studs that resemble those on leather jackets adorn the lateral side of the shroud of the Air Jordan XVI as well as the heel and the chevron star of the Converse Chuck 70.
A crackled leather upper on the Converse Chuck 70 is meant to resemble the concrete foundations of street basketball. Westbrook's “Why Not?” Logo is featured on both silhouettes in silver metal.

The Jordan “Why Not?” x Converse pack releases October 2 on SNKRS and SNEAKRS.

1599797163242.png

1599796611729.png

NikeNews_JordanBrand_RussellWestbrook_WhyNot_Converse_Pack_AJXVI_Detail_02_original.jpg
NikeNews_JordanBrand_RussellWestbrook_WhyNot_Converse_Pack_Packaging_01_original.jpg
NikeNews_JordanBrand_RussellWestbrook_WhyNot_Converse_Pack_Packaging_02_original.jpg
NikeNews_JordanBrand_RussellWestbrook_WhyNot_Converse_Pack_Hero_05_original.jpg

I just hope the price point isn't outrageous 😕

It amazes me how in this day and age,, in the world filled with leaks and pictures, these sneaker brands still have a way to keep certain shoes under wraps, this one being a perfect example

Not one soul here knew or even heard about these, I love it :pimp:
Zseakerheadz actually gave info about these in October of last year. But that was the only info I saw up until the pics dropped....

We need new colorways of the 16 plus, I think the “plus” is a better version of the 16!! I wanna see a 16 plus with patent!! I think the patent would be much nicer on the plus, as opposed to just being on the toe on the regular 16s..

We need new colorways of the 16 plus, I think the “plus” is a better version of the 16!! I wanna see a 16 plus with patent!! I think the patent would be much nicer on the plus, as opposed to just being on the toe on the regular 16s..

16 plus?

Seeing those makes me want the black/red even more. Gonna keep waiting for the black/red but that pack is pretty nice.

There were actually some very very nice 16 “plus” retro samples in the early 2010s that sadly weren’t ever made. I love the white pair and the black pair. I much prefer 16s without the shrouds, such a fine shoe..

C5BFA357-95AD-40B2-884C-F2A54209FE00.jpeg

8D3C5FD5-66C9-4889-A1EC-8CCC8B34D860.jpeg

D0700DFA-7536-48AD-8501-E7A57A208B04.jpeg
How they never released those first two, I'll never know. If they released them now, I'd buy day 1 and never look back. The white/black patent pair is especially sick.

Next year is the 20th anniversary of the xvi’s. Maybe this pack is a prelude of what’s to come later next year...?

could be a ‘testing waters’ pack

A flint colorway could be flames

take the cherrywoods and replace flint where cherrywood is

Back
Top Bottom